Precious Achiuwa offered by UNC | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa offered by UNC

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
“Kansas is definitely coming on strong,” Cross said. “UNC, Memphis, I would say those three and St. John’s and UCLA were heavily. UConn, Florida State and Western Kentucky.”

Not sounding good. Said he was very happy when UNC called.

Reaction Score
Have had a feeling he's UNC bound. While back, scrolling through his Twitter feed going way back, only school that kept popping up was Carolina. He's since deleted a lot of his older tweets.

Reaction Score
Precious always seemed like a long shot, but I still have faith in Hurley and company.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

These are the types of facilities you are going up against when you compete with a UNC on the trail. This is why the completion of werth is so important.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If a guy picks a big time school like UNC after they offered 6 months before he graduates over a school like UConn whose been on him all along, we’ll have to live with that. We aren’t on the level of teams like UNC right now, it will take time to get back there. Recruits get starry eyed when blue bloods offer them regardless of whether or not they were plan B, C, D....

Reaction Score

These are the types of facilities you are going up against when you compete with a UNC on the trail. This is why the competition of werth is so important.

That's impressive and really it's just a blurb of a presentation. The whole full-on we want you to come here must be a first prize winner. The capability to compete more evenly with some of these top schools is gonna take a minute.

Reaction Score
1) We're fine with Polley and Wilson (plus Akok in big lineups) for a couple years at wing.
2) Would still love to get him and don't think we're completely out.

Reaction Score
I'd be willing to bet Bouknight will be our wing at least part time with the way Hurley coaches. Hes got decent size to be a college 3 in a 3 guard lineup.

Reaction Score
Getting this young man would be as symbolically as it would be functionally. Tough to beat UNC's bagmen... i mean history, but I hope we pull it off.

Reaction Score
Quite surprised by the reactions here. When we were thought to be leading, he was seen as a program-changing recruit. Now he's just a "longshot" that "would have been nice to get"? I know it's the boneyard at all. But this is just example #5,781 that our life SUCKS right now. And no amount of dismissiveness or rationalization can change that.

This would be worse than Hamidou because unlike KO, Hurley actually has a clue. Life as a mid-major is just not fun.
The fact that he's a program changing recruit is why he is a longshot. If it was easy/normal to get a program changing recruit, there'd be a lot more programs turning around.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Quite surprised by the reactions here. When we were thought to be leading, he was seen as a program-changing recruit. Now he's just a "longshot" that "would have been nice to get"? I know it's the boneyard at all. But this is just example #5,781 that our life SUCKS right now. And no amount of dismissiveness or rationalization can change that.

This would be worse than Hamidou because unlike KO, Hurley actually has a clue. Life as a mid-major is just not fun.
Already having a top twenty recruiting class with a good possibility of a top ten class with a Kofi commit reduces a lot of pain. I suggest you drink lots of champagne and get a happier feeling to bring in the new year.

Reaction Score

I mean did UConn ever beat UNC in recruiting battles even when Calhoun was here? It’s just one of those schools that have an advantage.

Reaction Score
I mean we were leaders so we’ll be in the running for most of it, landing Kofi would surely help to prove we’re going to be the real deal. Kofi just got a lot more valuable and it’s more crucial that ever to put recruit god damn Illinois.

Reaction Score
Bynum and that's about it but don't want to spoil uconngb's narrative.
My "narrative"?? When people thought he was ours, it was going to propel us back to the halcyon days and show we were back. Now that it looks like he's going elsewhere it's just "eh, we never had a chance anyhow". I get that logic when it was under the KO regime, but why is it acceptable now??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom