Precious Achiuwa offered by UNC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa offered by UNC

C

Chief00

Been saying it the whole time but it doesn't need to be said, consensus top 10 recruits are going to have the biggest of the big boys after them. Achiuwa was always a luxury recruit and not a necessity.

Kofi has always been Chief’s priority #1.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My "narrative"?? When people thought he was ours, it was going to propel us back to the halcyon days and show we were back. Now that it looks like he's going elsewhere it's just "eh, we never had a chance anyhow". I get that logic when it was under the KO regime, but why is it acceptable now??
Maybe because folks placed the "master recruiter" hat on DH's head before he even started to recruit in a ultra competitive environment - this aint Wagner or URI
A lot of digs at KO but lets see what this staff can do with the big boys. I read someone say UConn has a top 20 recruiting class right now - that's great and I really hope this staff does that every year but there are a lot of non committed 5* and 4* out there and one or two will make any programs class ranking surge.
Let's get a really nice big before we start crowing
I think things will be OK going forward

Reaction Score
How do you compete with fake classes?
We don't nor do we want to stoop that low. If the kid picks UNC and the thought of beneifiting from fake classes even crosses his mind as a reason to go to UNC not the kid for UConn and I know at least some will disagree or be mad at me for saying that but we need talented kids who can also hit the books considering Uconns apr history (fair or not, hint: not fair) and who's at the helm of the NCAA currently. I'll cheer for UConn to pick up a slightly less talented kid with study habits like oakfor rather than a kid who struggles with studies even if he is a little more talented, don't care. But again, UConn kind of has to considering that guy whose name starts with an E. Football is different but for bball don't need to sacrifice academics when recruiting imo. Last thing UConn needs is a Shaq from blue chips type thing with SATs. Don't remember who shaq played in that movie.

Reaction Score
Maybe because folks placed the "master recruiter" hat on Dan Hurley's head before he even started to recruit in a ultra competitive environment - this aint Wagner or URI
A lot of digs at KO but lets see what this staff can do with the big boys. I read someone say UConn has a top 20 recruiting class right now - that's great and I really hope this staff does that every year but there are a lot of non committed 5* and 4* out there and one or two will make any programs class ranking surge.
Let's get a really nice big before we start crowing
I think things will be OK going forward
Yeah 11th on ESPN

Reaction Score
Gotta get kofi. Then no matter what happens we’ve taken a huge step forward in recruiting.

Reaction Score
I went To UK vs UNC sat right behind UNC Bench. And Nasir little is a hot mess right now. Was awful body language was horrible. Precious is very similar to Nasir little. I’d be scared of unc if I were Him.
And will still like my be a top 5-10 pick which is all most kids care about these days

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You know Chief will go off on that and that’s the word on the street / they are still doing that stuff - why not - they got zero punishment. Just being a little smarter about appearances.
Chief’s post isn’t NCAA approved. Ok Danny will probably be mad at Chief after reading this - but it had to be said.

Danny cares a lot about what you post here. Yup.

Reaction Score
If Hurley pays attention to anything Chief writes he should probably be fired.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Precious' family is from Nigeria so maybe the lure of all the Afro and African American Studies courses still offered at Norf Carolina was too difficult to pass up.
You know this kind of casual racism not getting called out is such a big part of the American problem today. Shut up. You're an idiot. I genuinely hate people like you.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You know Chief will go off on that and that’s the word on the street / they are still doing that stuff - why not - they got zero punishment. Just being a little smarter about appearances.
Chief’s post isn’t NCAA approved. Ok Danny will probably be mad at Chief after reading this - but it had to be said.

Don't worry. The Pope and Obama are still upset with me for an old post.

Reaction Score
How about we just delete that guys moron comment.

Making fun of UNC is one thing, I get it, I hate UNC and them getting a slap on the wrist is ridiculous.

Talking about black kids choosing UNC and referring to it as Norf Carolina is the classic kind of joke racist white people make trying to belittle a culture while being innocent enough to say "wHat iT wAs a JoKe"
Cannot argue with that

Reaction Score
You must be one of the old people who sit in the lower half of games and yells at people for standing to cheer. We’re not allowed to make fun of UNC for putting kids in BS classes like “ethnic studies” anymore? Half of the fun of being a fan is to make fun of this nonsense.
It's possible to make fun of UNC and not be racist when you do it

Reaction Score
How about we just delete that guys moron comment.

Making fun of UNC is one thing, I get it, I hate UNC and them getting a slap on the wrist is ridiculous.

Talking about black kids choosing UNC and referring to it as Norf Carolina is the classic kind of joke racist white people make trying to belittle a culture while being innocent enough to say "wHat iT wAs a JoKe"

Very true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom