Precious Achiuwa generic update | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa generic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hopefully he has a date with the staff already. Might want us to be last because of familiarity?

Reaction Score
The longer Precious takes to tell us no the worse off we are if we are holding our breath for him. IMO go see him in person explain to him for the millionth time why we want him, why he's a good fit, and what we bring to the table for him. Then ask him to schedule an official visit. If he says no or he's not ready, stop trying......it's really that simple. At this stage in the game after all the time and effort we've put in it's a yes or a no. We might not be NC and Duke but we deserve respect as a top tier institution and if those are our expectations we should demand it from everyone around the program. Coffee is for closers Mr. Hurley! Don't let Precious torpedo our last scholarship! At the end of the day this kid is at best a 2 year player, we land one of our B options that is here for 4 years the impact could be greater, as much as I want him.

Reaction Score
Half this board seems to want him at Memphis as much as UConn. So good news I guess?

5D30FD63-A336-4F62-A2D6-8D06AF5EC281.gif

Reaction Score
No one wants him at Memphis as much as UConn.

Any sane fan with half a brain should want him to go to Memphis IF he's not coming here.

I understand that we want our conference to be good, but I don’t see how Precious to Memphis actually helps us. We want to win games, right? I’d feel better losing out to a “blue blood” than to an AAC team.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I understand that we want our conference to be good, but I don’t see how Precious to Memphis actually helps us. We want to win games, right? I’d feel better losing out to a “blue blood” than to an AAC team.

We need eyeballs on the AAC and a team that can make it past the first weekend in March to bring credibility to our conference (and by association, UConn).

Reaction Score
We need eyeballs on the AAC and a team that can make it past the first weekend in March to bring credibility to our conference (and by association, UConn).
Then let's recruit a good team and make it happen ourselves. If we're good in March nobody cares about Memphis making a run

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m off here, but I’m not OVERLY crisis concerned about the official cause the kids been on campus what, 3+ times already?

Reaction Score
Then let's recruit a good team and make it happen ourselves. If we're good in March nobody cares about Memphis making a run
You get a better seed in March if the teams you play are good. You also sell more tickets. It's also easier to get good players to come to a conference that is a good conference regularly on TV.

Precious coming to UConn is and should be priority #1.

But if he doesn't come here, we should want to beat him on the court, and that won't happen if he goes to UNC, UCLA, or Kansas.

Reaction Score
Don’t you know other schools elevating themselves and getting poached by a P5 is good for UConn?
Memphis getting poached by a P5. LOL

None of the teams in this conference have a real shot of getting poached due to a variety of things (mostly their redundancy). UConn is the only one that has any appeal if it can get it's basketball act together and if it's football program can stop embarrassing itself.

Cincy has an outside shot at the B12. UCF as well, I guess. Houston might, though it would be the normal short-sighted B12 move.

Reaction Score
When a guy’s recruitment seems strange, that’s usually because it is. I’m not saying illegal or unethical, just different.

When a team has been down, like UConn recently, it can be easy to say you want everyone else in the conference to suck. Just win no matter how and all that, but it really just makes everyone’s job tougher. Guys like Kofi commit to play elsewhere because they want to play against the best. Having all your chances for big, tournament influencing wins come in the OOC sucks.

Reaction Score
I agree you want a good conference and good conference games. It's just weird to ROOT for that. At least for me, but I appear to be in the minority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom