Pre Season Bracketology | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pre Season Bracketology

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I stand corrected. I've removed 2005-2007 from my memory bank.
Understandable, those dark days where UCONN only went 89-17 for a 84% winning percentage with 2 BE Tournament Championships and 1 BE Season Championship. It was tough to be fan then. ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Understandable, those dark days where UCONN only went 89-17 for a 84% winning percentage with 2 BE Tournament Championships and 1 BE Season Championship. It was tough to be fan then. ;)

And in the NCAA tournament we suffered through a loss in the S16 and two losses in the E8.

The Dark Years.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You DIDN't have to take it there :mad:

View attachment 47342

I love downtown Greenville..and I think the arena location is close to ideal. Main Street and Falls Park are tremendous. @Argonaut I personally recommend lunch at the Lazy Goat on the patio... overlooking the "River".... followed by a few fried candy bars from FunnelDelicious. Hammercy.
My wife has some friends who live there, so we've been in Greenville a couple times. The Lazy Goat was very good. We also had some great tacos at Gringos Cantina. A friend of mine is planning on retiring there. Great place.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And in the NCAA tournament we suffered through a loss in the S16 and two losses in the E8.

The Dark Years.
And then this player arrived.

1571748929760.png

Reaction Score

Losing to the team down south, getting crushed by Michigan st and UNC. There never were darker days.

Thank god I got to witness the Vols choke against MSU in the semis as a brief bright moment.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yeah Greensboro must really s*ck because nobody ever picks them to hold their tournament games there. :rolleyes:
Exactly my point! compared to Greenville other great places suck. Thanks! #YeahThatGreenville

Reaction Score

Surprising to see Notre Dame as a 5 Seed. While I don't see ND getting a #1 or #2 Seed, I think they'll be better then many are projecting. I would also put So Carolina in the Greensboro region as they'll probably be higher ranked at season end then Maryland. Based on UConn being in Fort Wayne, Charlie is projecting Stanford to have the higher #1 seed. Fort Waayne is further away from Storrs then Greensboro is.

Creme just trying to be realistic about sending South Carolina as far from home as possible : )

Reaction Score
I'd say the top SEC team is a lock for Greenville unless it's Kentucky.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Nah. Not putting SC in Greenville would be almost like not putting UConn in Albany.
Plus teams like tamu and miss st aren't close at all.

If SC wants to have those guarantees, they need better turnout.

I went to last year's regional in Greensboro and I was shocked that SC didn't have better representation. UConn goes to Albany/Bridgeport/as close as they can reasonably get to Storrs because they sell tickets.

Reaction Score
The only guarantee SC will have, to be placed in Greenville, is if the Gamecocks are a #1 seed.

Reaction Score

I went to last year's regional in Greensboro and I was shocked that SC didn't have better representation. UConn goes to Albany/Bridgeport/as close as they can reasonably get to Storrs because they sell tickets.

Greenville is much closer and the fans will have a much better incentive to go to this Regional rather than Greensboro which had #1 Baylor in it. SC only has less than 200 mile to travel to make the FF so I guarantee you the fans will be in the seats. The Committee will be foolish to not place SC there. That regional will probably sell more than both Dallas and Portland.

Reaction Score
The only guarantee SC will have, to be placed in Greenville, is if the Gamecocks are a #1 seed.

Why is that? UConn went to Albany as a 2. I highly doubt any other SEC team will be in Greenville over SC unless they’re a 1 seed.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Greenville is much closer and the fans will have a much better incentive to go to this Regional rather than Greensboro which had #1 Baylor in it. SC only has less than 200 mile to travel to make the FF so I guarantee you the fans will be in the seats. The Committee will be foolish to not place SC there. That regional will probably sell more than both Dallas and Portland.

It's only half an hour longer from Columbia to Greensboro than it is from Storrs to Albany, yet UConn will always pack Albany. Seeing your team play other great teams should be incentive enough - two and a half hours isn't that far.

Reaction Score
If Oregon or Oregon State are in the Portland Regional, I wouldn't be so sure. Especially if either of them are a #1 seed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If Oregon or Oregon State are in the Portland Regional, I wouldn't be so sure. Especially if either of them are a #1 seed.

Portland had the best attendance of the Regional sites for both rounds held there last year. Wasn't particularly close. Greensboro was fairly weak. This is straight from the NCAA's website. Couldn't figure out how to link it.

Semifinal:

Albany 8765
Chicago 7715
Greensboro 6544
Portland 11,324

Final:

Albany 9204
Chicago 5555
Greensboro 4164
Portland 11,538

Reaction Score

The Moda Center seats more than Bon Secours so The Portland regional could have more fans but I doubt it especially if SC placed there with another team that also has a good following.

And now that I went and looked back Portland only had 11,000 fans last year. I imagine Greenville could trump that with just SC fans and the other three teams fans.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'll defend the chickens on this one. Yes the turnout wasnt great this past year.... but they had already been basted by Baylor earlier in the season..... and knew they were gonna be basted playing them again. I was there in 2015.... and there were plenty of chickens in the crowd

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Portland had the best attendance of the Regional sites for both rounds held there last year. Wasn't particularly close. Greensboro was fairly weak. This is straight from the NCAA's website. Couldn't figure out how to link it.

Semifinal:

Albany 8765
Chicago 7715
Greensboro 6544
Portland 11,324

Final:

Albany 9204
Chicago 5555
Greensboro 4164
Portland 11,538

This Greensboro disrespect needs to stop... and needs to stop now. :mad: I'd like to see what the attendance for a Iowa Baylor final would have been like in Albany or Portland.

Reaction Score
Why is that? UConn went to Albany as a 2. I highly doubt any other SEC team will be in Greenville over SC unless they’re a 1 seed.

All you need to do is look over Charlie's brackets/regionals, it's not another SEC team that sits at the #2 seed spot in Greenville, that honor went to Maryland. Why you suppose he didn't place South Carolina there as a #2?

On the flip side, I would bet Charlie would have had no choice but to place South Carolina in Greenville if they were a #1 seed...all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
All you need to do is look over Charlie's brackets/regionals, it's not another SEC team that sits at the #2 seed spot in Greenville, that honor went to Maryland. Why you suppose he didn't place South Carolina there as a #2?

On the flip side, I would bet Charlie would have had no choice but to place South Carolina in Greenville if they were a #1 seed...all I'm saying.

Well first off I don’t trust Charlie whatsoever. He’s always been impartial to SC and he didn’t even had the region labeled correctly when it initially released. Also why are you going by this preseason bracket if a game hasn’t been played yet? He has Miss St there as a 3 seed which is doubtful considering they would have to fly and SC could just bus there. Everything is just projected at this point.

Every year he preaches the S-curve and travel but place SC as far away from home as possible. You can be sure everyone in SC will be outraged if sent elsewhere especially when the Committee consistently placed Kentucky in Lexington, ND in Lexington, Oregon in Portland, and UConn in Albany/Bridgeport.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was so outraged that I didnt even get around to looking at the projected bracket. Early thoughts have Depaul and UCF too high. :rolleyes: And Arizona State

Reaction Score
Well first off I don’t trust Charlie whatsoever. He’s always been impartial to SC and he didn’t even had the region labeled correctly when it initially released. Also why are you going by this preseason bracket if a game hasn’t been played yet? He has Miss St there as a 3 seed which is doubtful considering they would have to fly and SC could just bus there. Everything is just projected at this point.

Every year he preaches the S-curve and travel but place SC as far away from home as possible. You can be sure everyone in SC will be outraged if sent elsewhere especially when the Committee consistently placed Kentucky in Lexington, ND in Lexington, Oregon in Portland, and UConn in Albany/Bridgeport.

If I'm not mistaken this thread is all about Charlie Creme's "Pre Season Bracketology". I'm not the only the one talking about it...the only thing we got going right now. I will stand by my original comment, the only guarantee SC has to be placed in Greenville is for them to a #1 seed.

I don't know and don't care what Charlie preaches every year, his brackets are meant to generate some conversations...as this thread has done very well. We all know there's only one bracket that counts in the end.

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken this thread is all about Charlie Creme's "Pre Season Bracketology". I'm not the only the one talking about it...the only thing we got going right now. I will stand by my original comment, the only guarantee SC has to be placed in Greenville is for them to a #1 seed.

I don't know and don't care what Charlie preaches every year, his brackets are meant to generate some conversations...as this thread has done very well. We all know there's only one bracket that counts in the end.

No one ever said you did have to stand by your statement but it’s a premature one. Like I said a game hasn’t been played yet so the “talk” is meaningless.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Was so outraged that I didnt even get around to looking at the projected bracket. Early thoughts have Depaul and UCF too high. :rolleyes: And Arizona State

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom