Pre Season Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pre Season Bracketology

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get a 1 seed then Dallas is very plausible with Lou (FW) and SoCar (Grnv) getting the other 2s.

Reaction Score
These preseason bracketology things are laughable to me. Sure it gives people something to talk about, but it's based on no data. You can make assumptions based on previous seasons and returning or incoming players. But no games have been played. Every year some teams are better than expected and some worst than expected.

Yeah, outside of these preseason items, nothing about sports analysis is ever about speculation.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Greensboro gets a regional again this year .... wonderful :cool:

Are you sure about Greenville. The arena here maxes out at about 10,000 for basketball.
2020 NCAA tournament schedule and locations:

DATESROUNDCITY, STATEHOST(S)FACILITY
March 15Selection SundayN/AN/AN/A
March 17-18First FourDayton, OHUniversity of DaytonUD Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsAlbany, NYMetro Atlantic Athletic ConferenceTimes Union Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSpokane, WAUniversity of IdahoSpokane Veterans Memorial Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSt. Louis, MOMissouri Valley ConferenceEnterprise Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsTampa, FLUniversity of South FloridaAmalie Arena
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsGreensboro, NCAtlantic Coast ConferenceGreensboro Coliseum
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsOmaha, NECreighton UniversityCenturyLink Center Omaha
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsSacramento, CASacramento State UniversityGolden 1 Center
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsCleveland, OHMid-American Conference/Cleveland StateQuicken Loans Arena
March 26/28Midwest RegionalIndianapolis, INHorizon League/IUPUILucas Oil Stadium
March 26/28West RegionalLos Angeles, CAPepperdine UniversitySTAPLES Center
March 27/29South RegionalHouston, TXUniversity of HoustonToyota Center
March 27/29East RegionalNew York, NYSt. John’s University/Big East ConferenceMadison Square Garden
April 4/6Final FourAtlanta, GAGeorgia Institute of Technology

The arena in Greenville seats more than that for basketball. Probably around 15,000 or so.

Reaction Score
When was the last time Stanford stayed out in the West? Interesting 8 (Rutgers) / 9 (Tenn) match at Maples Pavilion. The other 8 (Duke) / 9 (Gonzaga) at Oregon...yikes. If this bracketology does stay course, will Oregon St survive to take on UConn. (lot's of interest in this match on the Boneyard)

Reaction Score
When was the last time Stanford stayed out in the West? Interesting 8 (Rutgers) / 9 (Tenn) match at Maples Pavilion. The other 8 (Duke) / 9 (Gonzaga) at Oregon...yikes. If this bracketology does stay course, will Oregon St survive to take on UConn. (lot's of interest in this match on the Boneyard)

The recent rule that conference teams in the top 4 have to be in different regions (unless of course there's more than 4) means if you're not the top PAC team, you're sent east.

2019 Chicago #2
2018 Lexington #4
2017 Lexington #2
2016 Lexington #4
2015 OKC #4
2014 Stanford #2

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You're Right!! I grabbed the men's. Hot dog. I've got to start saving my nickles and dimes. If UConn comes here, you are going to love Greenville!

I'll go regardless -- I had a great time in Greensboro last year -- it would just be that much sweeter for me if UConn was there, too.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'll go regardless -- I had a great time in Greensboro last year -- it would just be that much sweeter for me if UConn was there, too.
Greensboro doesn't hold a candle to Greenville. One of the top downtowns in the US. World class restaurants. #YeahthatGreenville

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Are you sure about Greenville. The arena here maxes out at about 10,000 for basketball.
2020 NCAA tournament schedule and locations:

DATESROUNDCITY, STATEHOST(S)FACILITY
March 15Selection SundayN/AN/AN/A
March 17-18First FourDayton, OHUniversity of DaytonUD Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsAlbany, NYMetro Atlantic Athletic ConferenceTimes Union Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSpokane, WAUniversity of IdahoSpokane Veterans Memorial Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSt. Louis, MOMissouri Valley ConferenceEnterprise Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsTampa, FLUniversity of South FloridaAmalie Arena
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsGreensboro, NCAtlantic Coast ConferenceGreensboro Coliseum
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsOmaha, NECreighton UniversityCenturyLink Center Omaha
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsSacramento, CASacramento State UniversityGolden 1 Center
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsCleveland, OHMid-American Conference/Cleveland StateQuicken Loans Arena
March 26/28Midwest RegionalIndianapolis, INHorizon League/IUPUILucas Oil Stadium
March 26/28West RegionalLos Angeles, CAPepperdine UniversitySTAPLES Center
March 27/29South RegionalHouston, TXUniversity of HoustonToyota Center
March 27/29East RegionalNew York, NYSt. John’s University/Big East ConferenceMadison Square Garden
April 4/6Final FourAtlanta, GAGeorgia Institute of Technology
This is not the women's 2020 schedule

Reaction Score
In any event, the purpose of these articles is to generate interest in the season and to provide points of discussion, which it obviously has. I seriously doubt that this bracketology ages well over the course of the season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Greensboro doesn't hold a candle to Greenville. One of the top downtowns in the US. World class restaurants. #YeahthatGreenville
Yeah Greensboro must really s*ck because nobody ever picks them to hold their tournament games there. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You DIDN't have to take it there :mad:

maddd.gif

I love downtown Greenville.......and I think the arena location is close to ideal. Main Street and Falls Park are tremendous. @Argonaut I personally recommend lunch at the Lazy Goat on the patio... overlooking the "River".... followed by a few fried candy bars from FunnelDelicious. Hammercy.

Reaction Score
So...he has Tennessee projected as a #9 seed. He doesn't seem to believe a new coach will make much difference apparently.

They lost Meme, C Greene, Westbrook, and Collins.
Add Horston, injured last year Lou Brown, Aussie guard Rennie, and 3 others.
That's a lot of turnover to deal with.

And despite what folks say, there is some, but not a ton, of talent.
Horston, Z Green, Davis = yes.
KK, Massengill = top 20 HS
Harris = no
other 6 = who knows (none highly rated)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was KK a consensus top 20, or that high with just 1 service?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I found it interesting that the promo picture used on ESPN to introduce the Bracketology was Evina in UConn uniform. I imagine this is a factor in Creme's analysis. Not implying he has any inside info.

1571695073911.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They lost Meme, C Greene, Westbrook, and Collins.
Add Horston, injured last year Lou Brown, Aussie guard Rennie, and 3 others.
That's a lot of turnover to deal with.

And despite what folks say, there is some, but not a ton, of talent.
Horston, Z Green, Davis = yes.
KK, Massengill = top 20 HS
Harris = no
other 6 = who knows (none highly rated)

New coaching is everything for the LVs. And the trio of Horston, Green, and Davis could be stellar to build the team around. You dont need a roster of all top 5 recruits to do very well.

Reaction Score
New coaching is everything for the LVs. And the trio of Horston, Green, and Davis could be stellar to build the team around. You dont need a roster of all top 5 recruits to do very well.

No. But when you need 3 new players to be stellar it's not likely. (Although I expect Horston to be good out of the gate.

Reaction Score
Even as a big Pac 12 fan, there's NO WAY they will get 3 #1 seeds. Even 2 would be quite a coup. There's going to be more than 1 other #1 seed among Baylor, UConn and ACC/SEC champs (or maybe Maryland if they have a really, really good season).
I also think that 3 x PAC-12 teams getting a #1 seed is impossible. I would be incredibly happy if there were 3 x PAC-12 Teams that earned a #1 or #2 seed in 2019-20 NCAA Tournament. The PAC can do lots of damage in the tournament as a #1 or #2 seed.

Reaction Score
Way to early to fantasize about NCAA Tournament match-ups, but I would absolutely love to see UCONN vs Oregon State.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
No. But when you need 3 new players to be stellar it's not likely. (Although I expect Horston to be good out of the gate.

Green and Davis arent new. Davis is already very good and Green had bright spots as a frosh. I don't expect Tennessee to be a top team but I think there is good potential that they're significantly better this season.

Reaction Score
I’ll echo others that unless the Pac does unbelievably well in OOC it’ll be hard to get three #1 seeds. Even then, you’d have to have Oregon State probably top the conference with Stanford and Oregon sweeping their OOC and splitting matchups. As long as we don’t have a repeat of the nightmare in Maples last season, I’ll be happy.

UConn is just as unknown (IMO) as most of these teams, and I think we’ll see the contenders shake them apart from the pretenders early on.

As far as the top 16, I’d wager that South Dakota could sneak in, but it’s hard to logically go against the usual suspects. I’m surprised he thinks so highly of Arkansas.

I have a hard time with Iowa. I know they lost a lot, but they still have Kathleen Doyle and Bluder’s been around the block. I have hope that she’ll figure things out and make this a tourney worthy team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom