Practices start, extra excitement, and great quote from Geno... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Practices start, extra excitement, and great quote from Geno...

Reaction Score
Anybody else notice the bandage on Paige’s hand?! Hope this isn’t the beginning of more injuries.
IMG_4049.jpeg

Reaction Score
That's what I tried to post and failed. Thanks for the screenshot. I definitely don't think it's a good thing.
Lot’s of time still before the real deal. It’s obviously not good but hopefully it’s just a tweak and the wrap is precautionary.

Reaction Score
Looks like a jammed thumb. Hopefully it's not serious, but a jammed thumb can be a real pain in the, well thumb. I'm assuming this is a recent picture?

Reaction Score
Of course if you have a player who has to get out of the way, that means she doesn't need to be defended leaving the other team with the ability to double team whomever they fear most of our remaining 4 players. That was what he was forced into last year by the injuries but this year he will have options. I have to believe that KK's ability to score will allow the team to compete without one hand tied behind behind it will compel Geno to limit Nika's minutes even if she remains a "starter."
Nika showed an increased willingness to drive last season, and her 34% from 3-pt range is enough to be a threat to score. Being the fifth scoring option isn't the same as being inept; it simply means that isn't her role. But you can bet that Paige or Azzi will find her if she's sitting wide open and unguarded at the arc. She CAN score when needed, she just won't be leaned on as much as she was last year (out of necessity).

Also take into account that Geno has his favorites, namely Paige and Nika. Paige for her obvious generational talent and basketball IQ, and Nika for the inherent natural leadership skills and energy that makes the team GO. It's not lost on him that there is NO WAY they do as well as they did last year without Nika playing 36 minutes a game and willing that team to the Sweet 16 in spite of only having 5 or 6 healthy players most nights. Unless Nika suddenly forgets how to pass and defend, he won't pull her off the floor until the game is safely in-hand.

Reaction Score
Paige didn't participate in First Night because she jammed her thumb in practice a couple days before!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom