Practice facility breaks ground today, live webcam too | The Boneyard

Practice facility breaks ground today, live webcam too

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Webcam

Ceremony at 1 PM. I think it is supposed to take approx 14 months. Depending on what kind of delays they face, hopefully in time for the class of 2014 to come into a completed facility...

Reaction Score
That's what they have been saying. Ready for the class if 2014. Big selling point in recruiting.

Reaction Score
@AmoreCourant: Ryan boatright, KML representing players at groundbreaking podium. #UConnmen

@AmoreCourant: Warde Manuel "this facility is going to be shining example of passion and bright future for UConn"

@AmoreCourant: Susan herbst : "our athletes and coaxes have earned this, they've brought international attention to #uConn "

@AmoreCourant: Kevin Ollie "geno, you're team was a pleasure to watch" #UConnmen #UConnwomen

@AmoreCourant: Ollie: "this building is going to be a landmark" #UConnmen #UConnwomen

@AmoreCourant: Ollie thanks donors for stepping up "at a time of uncertainty. That's when true friends step up" #UConnmen #UConnwomen

@AmoreCourant: Ryan boatright: "means a lot to walk by here and know we will have this one place to call our own" #UConnmen

@AmoreCourant: Geno Auriemma to men's team "win over Syracuse showed heart, character, what this team stood for" #UConnmen #UConnwomen

@AmoreCourant: Geno: "still about the people. Don't think anyone goes anywhere b/c of a building But because we have best people we deserve best facility"

@AmoreCourant: Geno "were in a league of our own dammit and that's where we're going to stay" #UConnwomen #UConnmen

@AmoreCourant: KML " we're so thrilled to have a facility that matches level of greatness uConn basketball has achieved," #UConnmen #UConnwomen

Reaction Score
Official groundbreaking was 15 minutes ago, and it looks like they already have foundations poured? Man this thing should be done in June by how fast they are going.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love the webcam...riveting footage of two guys talking near the port-a-john.

Reaction Score
Here it is:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 175
Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: Ollie on the impact the practice facility will have on recruiting: "It's going to be a great impact. Hopefully, we see the benefits soon."

Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: The target completion date for new practice facility is May 2014. #UConn

CL82

Reaction Score
Cool picture. I see Geno and Kevin - don't recognize anyone else.
Suzie Herbst and Ryan Boatright. I think Kaleena Lewis is obscured.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Is it being built on the site of the old Memorial Stadium?

CL82

Reaction Score
Is it being built on the site of the old Memorial Stadium?
The practice facility is. I don't know about the rec center.

Reaction Score
Anyone know where the proposed $100 million rec center is supposed to be built? Will it be built on the site of the current one next to gampel?

Not sure it is settled, but I read likrly either next to the thirsty dog plaza, or the farmer brown lot recently purchased.

U

UCONNfan1

Great stuff. The webcam will be cool as they will be able to take still shots from the entire process and shrink it down in to a 1-2 minute montage showing the transformation.

Reaction Score
Not sure it is settled, but I read likrly either next to the thirsty dog plaza, or the farmer brown lot recently purchased.
Auggie, an update if you heard anything

Is Marrone and its practice field still being given up for football practice fields?
Marrone moving to current football practice fields?
Baseball with upgrade staying where is?
I had heard awhile back softball was moving behind new bb practice facility or is it staying put?
The open space/field next to softball will become a multisport locker room facility?
Freitas footprint to be enlarged at current site?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Auggie, an update if you heard anything

Is Marrone and its practice field still being given up for football practice fields?
Marrone moving to current football practice fields?
Baseball with upgrade staying where is?
I had heard awhile back softball was moving behind new bb practice facility or is it staying put?
The open space/field next to softball will become a multisport locker room facility?
Freitas footprint to be enlarged at current site?

Thanks in advance!

I got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member