Power 5 Conference predictions contest | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Power 5 Conference predictions contest

Reaction Score
Look, I’m no Tennessee fan.. in fact, other than Pat Summit, I really can’t stand the LVs.. but are y’all really out here putting a Tennessee team with Jordan Horston, Rickea Jackson, and potential SEC DPOY Tamari Key as 5th best in the league? Whew, tough crowd. Lol.. Those three alone push them into the top 3 IMO. It does take time to gel, but it would be a failure for Harper if they finished anywhere other than in the top 3.
SC's talent is the creme of the crop but if there were another just as talented team in the SEC On paper it would be Tennessee. Finishing 5th seems unrealistic , unless they have the injury bug again . LSU could also be in the mix the SEC will come down to those 3 .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC at 1 :p

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Pac 12

1. Stanford
2. Arizona
3. Oregon
4. UCLA
5. Washington State
6. Oregon State
7. Utah
8. Southern Cal
9. Colorado
10. Cal
11. Washington
12. Arizona State
Looks pretty good. I think UW may have a better season than #11, but otherwise your forecast could definitely pan out (barring injuries, pandemics, etc)

Reaction Score
1. Stanford
2. Arizona
3. UCLA
4. Oregon
5. Washington State
6. Utah
7. Southern Cal
8. Colorado
9. Oregon State
10. Washington
11. California
12. Arizona State

Reaction Score
1. Stanford
2. UCLA
3. Arizona
4. Utah
5. Oregon
6. Washington State
7. Colorado
8. Washington
9. Oregon State
10. USC
11. California
12. Arizona State

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Everybody picking ASU in last place. CTT got out of there just in time!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Well to be honest, i partly picked them last out of spite. Plus im rooting for Udub not to be in last place, it would give me a reason to take my husly gear out of storage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
it would give me a reason to take my husly gear out of storage.
Hey you had your chance. Football team started out 4-0 and had us locals fooled that they were pretty good. Then reality set in, their defense is atrocious and can't stop anybody.

Reaction Score

The new HC Natasha Adair has made some big moves already: former McD's AA Treasure Hunt and top 20 recruit Morasha Wiggins formerly at UNC transferred in, as did a post who had solid stats as a sophomore for George Washington. Got her PG from Delaware who would have been their leading returning scorer to join her in Tempe as well as a couple of her Delaware signees.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The new HC Natasha Adair has made some big moves already: former McD's AA Treasure Hunt and top 20 recruit Morasha Wiggins formerly at UNC transferred in, as did a post who had solid stats as a sophomore for George Washington. Got her PG from Delaware who would have been their leading returning scorer to join her in Tempe as well as a couple of her Delaware signees.
Sounds like a good start. It was imperative to get some transfers. At one point I looked at their roster and I think they only had 6 players listed. Obviously has to be more now. Last year they were extremely offensively challenged and they lost their only real scoring threat (Loville) and one of their better all around players (Hanson) to the portal.

Reaction Score
Pac 12

1. Stanford
2. Oregon
3. Arizona
4. Utah
5. UCLA
6. WSU
7. Colorado
8. USC
9. Oregon State
10. Washington
11. Cal
12. ASU

Notes: Oregon plays Stanford once while UCLA, AZ play Stan and ORE twice. UTAH Plays Oregon once. #6-9 are in random order IMO

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll make my next ACC picks after 4pm on Oct 22. Depending on what I see...... I may have to move up a certain unnamed squad.

1 State
2 Duke
3 ND
4 Virginia Tech
5 Louisville
6 Miami
7 That other Triangle School
8 Georgia Tech
9 Syracuse
10 UVA
11 Florida State
12 Wake Forest
13 Boston College
14 Clemson
15 Pitt

I could be a bit overly optimistic about the Blue Devils.... but 1) ain't no money riding on this, 2) I can edit this post as need be. 3) I still got time to make a final prediction :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big 10

1. Indiana
2. Iowa
3. Ohio State
4. Maryland
5. Michigan
6. Nebraska
7. Michigan State
8. Purdue
9 Northwestern
10. Penn State
11 Minnesota
12 Illinois
13 Wisconsin
14 Rutgers

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
@Coler

I am rooting for y'all to do well this but with the limited depth this year its going to be tough.

I'm really excited about that Big 10 race, there are some very good teams near the top that are extremely capable.
It’s going to be a long year, I think there’s a chance that we’ll be better than expected. But who knows. It will be nice to see the freshmen and Chyna Cornwell get a lot of minutes after she was overlooked last year by the man who had no idea what he was doing.

But I’m thankful I have LSU’s season to look forward too also.

Reaction Score
Big 10

1. Indiana
2. Iowa
3. Ohio State
4. Maryland
5. Michigan
6. Nebraska
7. Michigan State
8. Purdue
9 Northwestern
10. Penn State
11 Minnesota
12 Illinois
13 Wisconsin
14 Rutgers
Watch out for Mara Braun and Amaya Battle for Minnesota! I think they’ll be a better backcourt pair than Sara Scalia and Jasmine Powell was for the Gophers! I’m glad we snagged Tessa Johnson though, she would’ve been their missing piece!

Reaction Score
Watch out for Mara Braun and Amaya Battle for Minnesota! I think they’ll be a better backcourt pair than Sara Scalia and Jasmine Powell was for the Gophers! I’m glad we snagged Tessa Johnson though, she would’ve been their missing piece!
It'll be interesting, this is a big year for Whalen, this will be year 5. Not sure how much longer she will be there if things don't shake up but its been pretty stagnant near the bottom part of the conference. I'm not surprised SC snagged up Johnson though, very good player.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting, this is a big year for Whalen, this will be year 5. Not sure how much longer she will be there if things don't shake up but its been pretty stagnant near the bottom part of the conference. I'm not surprised SC snagged up Johnson though, very good player.

Losing your top in state players don’t help. Imagine Paige Bueckers (UConn) , Molly Mogenson(Creighton), Makenzie Kramer(Lehigh), Taylor Woodson( Michigan), Maya Nnaji(Arizona), Tessa Johnson(South Carolina), NuNu Agara (Stanford), and Annika Stewart (Nebraska) all decided to stay home? Minnesota would likely have been a top 3 team in the country. She’s lost out on some big time recruits over the years and that’s the deal breaker for her IMO because that state is LOADED with talent on a yearly basis. If she wants to keep her job landing 25’ wing Aliyah Crump is imperative.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Losing your top in state players don’t help. Imagine Paige Bueckers (UConn) , Molly Mogenson(Creighton), Makenzie Kramer(Lehigh), Taylor Woodson( Michigan), Maya Nnaji(Arizona), Tessa Johnson(South Carolina), NuNu Agara (Stanford), and Annika Stewart (Nebraska) all decided to stay home? Minnesota would likely have been a top 3 team in the country. She’s lost out on some big time recruits over the years and that’s the deal breaker for her IMO because that state is LOADED with talent on a yearly basis. If she wants to keep her job landing 25’ wing Aliyah Crump is imperative.
I'm sure she'd gladly take Gianna Kneepkens and Jenna Johnson as well. May not have been as highly rated coming out of HS, but both had a big impact at Utah last season as Freshmen.

Reaction Score
I'm sure she'd gladly take Gianna Kneepkens and Jenna Johnson as well. May not have been as highly rated coming out of HS, but both had a big impact at Utah last season as Freshmen.

I forgot about Jenna! I knew she attended Wayzata, with Braun and Stewart but I’m not familiar with Kneepkens. What HS did she attend?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom