Potential Transfers Into Program in 2018 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Potential Transfers Into Program in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe this guy borrowed lunch money and never gave it back.

Moving on....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we are reaching out on QB transfer I think its a sign we have QB departures.

O'Brien redshirted 2016, played some in 2017. Seems he could sit out 2018 and have two years of eligibility left for 2019 and 2020.

Patrick O'Brien Bio

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If we are reaching out on QB transfer I think its a sign we have QB departures.

O'Brien redshirted 2016, played some in 2017. Seems he could sit out 2018 and have two years of eligibility left for 2019 and 2020.

Patrick O'Brien Bio

Disagree. He was the 10th rated Pro QB coming out of HS and anytime you can grab a top rated kid, you grab him regardless of position. You need to be always upgrading talent.

Reaction Score
Disagree. He was the 10th rated Pro QB coming out of HS and anytime you can grab a top rated kid, you grab him regardless of position. You need to be always upgrading talent.

Yeah I agree. Plus the other part is that he is going to have to sit out 2018. So Pindell will be gone and he will be here to compete with Washington, Krajewski, and McAfee come 2019. Not that there couldn't be but I don't think it definitively states that there is a QB that is departing. Think RE is doing his due diligence to use his schollys and improve the roster.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Um QBs have been announcing transfers all winter and I haven’t seen the staff make one twitter follow for this position ....until now.

You are wasting your time when you try to over recruit the qb position. The kids aren’t dumb - they obviously put a lot of consideration into their odds of playing based on the depth of the roster. I don’t think it was realistic for the staff to reel in a sixth scholarship qb for fall 2018 until they had a better handle on the abilities of the current four and their likelihood for sticking around for the long haul. If we go after a qb transfer this spring it’s hard to imagine it’s not in part because someone is leaving.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah I agree. Plus the other part is that he is going to have to sit out 2018. So Pindell will be gone and he will be here to compete with Washington, Krajewski, and McAfee come 2019. Not that there couldn't be but I don't think it definitively states that there is a QB that is departing. Think RE is doing his due diligence to use his schollys and improve the roster.
Hard to imagine just about any qb actually worth a scholarship would get excited to come to Uconn to beat out four guys to play in 2019. Surely there are better opportunities out there for any quality qb transfer. Situations where there is just one or two dudes to beat out.

Reaction Score
We need more big uglies up front on D, preferrably a DT or 2 .. or a DT and a DE.. or 2 DEs...

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine just about any qb actually worth a scholarship would get excited to come to Uconn to beat out four guys to play in 2019. Surely there are better opportunities out there for any quality qb transfer. Situations where there is just one or two dudes to beat out.

????????????? Every program has 4-5 QBs on scholarship at any one time. We would have the same. Any big major school he is coming from or going to would have guys to beat out, guys that were rated highly, guys that were the best QBs in their county and state and sometimes their entire region at the time they graduated. My point is that none of the guys he would be coming in to compete against are going to scare him away. Don't know where you think he is going to get a scholarship where he is only competing against one or two other guys. No coach would let their team start the year with only 3 scholarship Qbs barring extreme and unforeseen circumstances.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
????????????? Every program has 4-5 QBs on scholarship at any one time. We would have the same. Any big major school he is coming from or going to would have guys to beat out, guys that were rated highly, guys that were the best QBs in their county and state and sometimes their entire region at the time they graduated. My point is that none of the guys he would be coming in to compete against are going to scare him away. Don't know where you think he is going to get a scholarship where he is only competing against one or two other guys. No coach would let their team start the year with only 3 scholarship Qbs barring extreme and unforeseen circumstances.
We have 5 scholarship QBs on this roster come August, you think it’s nornal to have a sixth? That’s the situation here.

Reaction Score
We have 5 scholarship QBs on this roster come August, you think it’s nornal to have a sixth? That’s the situation here.
Sure, it's not ideal, but we have extra scholarships and if you can upgrade the talent you do it regardless of position. Next year, barring any departures or position changes, you would have 5.

Reaction Score

He has to sit out a year. He's not coming to compete this year against anyone (So Pindell doesn't count). And one of our Qbs is a WO/Former WO. So again its 3 guys next year to compete with that were recruited as scholarship players. 4 if you want to count Bissack (which I'm very sure will not factor into his decision). None of which had any serious P5 offers I don't believe.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Let’s see what happens.

But my bad in failing to remember bisack is done this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if we were in on this kid......

Jack Driscoll OL grad transfer from UMass, played high school ball at Hand of Madison, commits to Auburn.
BREAKING: Grad transfer offensive tackle commits to Auburn over USC, UCLA

Driscoll is an interesting story....played mostly TE in high school (probably why I didn’t recall his name). Committed to UMass as a 6’3, 205 OT. Grew into a 6’5, 300 1st team all conference lineman and was considered one of the best Group of 5 OL in the country. He will be a RS Junior with 2 years of eligibility.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure if we were in on this kid.

Jack Driscoll OL grad transfer from UMass, played high school ball at Hand of Madison, commits to Auburn.
BREAKING: Grad transfer offensive tackle commits to Auburn over USC, UCLA

Driscoll is an interesting story....played mostly TE in high school (probably why I didn’t recall his name). Committed to UMass as a 6’3, 205 OT. Grew into a 6’5, 300 1st team all conference lineman and was considered one of the best Group of 5 OL in the country. He will be a RS Junior with 2 years of eligibility.

Went back to look - besides UMass, his offers coming out of Hand were Holy Cross, New Hampshire, Brown and Army.

That’s why it’s so hard to project OL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom