Potential Lineup changes | The Boneyard

Potential Lineup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would it make any sense to play Alex at the 5 and Andre at the 4? Alex clearly cant play the 4, but he is effective playing the 5 and he does have some low post back to the basket moves that Andre doesnt have yet. And since Andre's entire offense is basically alley oops and dunks, would that translate to the 4? I think hed have a tough time defending there, but he could catch and pass out of the high post and still run the break at the 4. Weve gotten nothing from the 4 spot basically other than sporadic play from Olander. Cant hurt to try right?? Dont see really what else there is to try.​

Reaction Score
This is college basketball. There is no difference between the 4 and the 5. They are both bigs who can't play outside the paint.

Reaction Score
"sporadic" play by tyler? What then pray tell has alex's play been?
And this continued talk of 4 and 5 is ridiculous. They are basketball players and need to be able to play everywhere in the interior. And his back-to-the-basket game is not much better and has not improved in 3 years.

Reaction Score
Thanks Tenspro didnt realize you beat me to this 4/5 crap. I see no difference in where they are playing alex i just see a difference in how he is playing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The rotations and lineups made no sense tonight. I suspect that who plays has as much to do with what we fans aren't seeing as with what we are.

Reaction Score
"sporadic" play by tyler? What then pray tell has alex's play been?
And this continued talk of 4 and 5 is ridiculous. They are basketball players and need to be able to play everywhere in the interior. And his back-to-the-basket game is not much better and has not improved in 3 years.
Well when Alex is at the 4 he has to catch it in the high post (which he cant) and pass out (which he cant). At least at the 5 he can stay down low more. His offense is not great by any stretch, but at least he has a limited ability to back his man down and attempt a low post move, something Drummond cant do. So yes there is a difference. I cant stand Alex' play as much as the next guy, but you cant argue that hes not a better center than power forward.

Reaction Score
This is college basketball. There is no difference between the 4 and the 5. They are both bigs who can't play outside the paint.
So your saying there is in the NBA where the is no structure whatsoever?? What kind of a joke is that. Last year Alex could just sit under the basket. Now playing the 4 he has to flash to the high post and generally gets the ball much farther away. No difference huh. Hes not very effective on offense in either situation, but at least he has something resembling low post moves. He does absolutely nothing when he plays the 4. At this point we cant play any worse so what do we have to lose?

Reaction Score
Lol @ no structure whatsoever, and if you don't think for the most part there is usually a size difference and also offensive and defensive responsibilities for most 4's and 5's at the NBA level then you really have no clue, but the no structure comment pretty much gave that impression right off the bat.

H

huskymagic

Would it make any sense to play Alex at the 5 and Andre at the 4? Alex clearly cant play the 4, but he is effective playing the 5 and he does have some low post back to the basket moves that Andre doesnt have yet. And since Andre's entire offense is basically alley oops and dunks, would that translate to the 4? I think hed have a tough time defending there, but he could catch and pass out of the high post and still run the break at the 4. Weve gotten nothing from the 4 spot basically other than sporadic play from Olander. Cant hurt to try right?? Dont see really what else there is to try.​

Dude it doesn't matter who plays the 4 or 5 its the same except the guy whose smaller plays the 4 spot. Now as for lineup changes it needs to be drastic and immediate. I know a lot of us stick up for Napier and rightfully so because he can shoot it and score when hes open, but he's not our leader and is not a point guard. He plays like a 2 guard and is unwilling or unable to break the zone by penetrating. Ryan had a bad game shooting yesterday missing a lot of easy ones, but he penetrated well and missed some easy layups, short jumpers, and passes to open bigs. Boatright is better at the 1 and has the quickness needed to break the zone. Napier needs to play off the ball more where he can shoot the rock because he's a great shooter. It is unlikely to happen but my lineup would be this for west virginia game on monday.

1 Boat 2: Lamb 3: Giffey/Daniels 4.) Roscoe 5.) Drummond
Bench: Napier, Oriakhi, Olander

We need tougness, grit, leadership and this lineup will bring that more so than the current lineup. Drummond needs to work on his back to the basket game because its so simple and its frustrating that a guy that talented hasn't developed one or 2 moves yet in his career.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Drummond needs to work on his back to the basket game because its so simple and its frustrating that a guy that talented hasn't developed one or 2 moves yet in his career.

His career is 15 games.

H

huskymagic

His career is 15 games.

Yea I mean since the day he started playing basketball until now. He has had numerous coaches and teams that he played for and its frustrating for a guy that big and talented to not have one post move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom