Potential DC candidates | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Potential DC candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
haha! Remember him well. Was a standout on some bad Pats teams from the Scott Zolak era.

One my favorite pats along with Andre Tippet, Lawyer Milloy, and Tom Terrific.

Those were some tough times in the early 90's for sure, but the Zolak Era?!?! Diaco is lining up a staff with some serious playing credentials. Nothing builds respect and credibility with players/recruits like hearing from someone who has been in their shoes and had huge success. NFL alumni, all americans and first team all conference guys as players...very nice.

I had the chance be around Vincent Brown when he was with the Pats back in the day. Solid player and good guy. He had one of the most ridiculous builds of anybody I have ever seen in person, just piece of chisled stone. Would give any bodybuilder (natural of course) a run for their money.

Reaction Score
Zolak era was like nine games. Following year I think they drafted Drew Bledsoe. I loved Drew. He was Tony Romo before there ever was Tony Romo.

Reaction Score
Wonder how they feel about Vincent Brown potentially leaving also...

" If Dex and Brown leave then we are losing two of our good young recruiters."

But you always have one tool - "I think it's going to be hard for UConn to recruit in the state of Virginia. Diaco is going to have to be really good because it's a serious downgrade in conference affiliation, facilities, campus, stadium, weather, etc. if prospects in the state and neighboring states have ACC offers or West Virginia or Maryland, hell, even an ECU or ODU offer. UConn football is a tough sell to recruits."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol downgrade in facilities. I think whoever said that pulled his pants down, spread his anus wide and then made a noise. That quote is what came out.

Reaction Score
" If Dex and Brown leave then we are losing two of our good young recruiters."

But you always have one tool - "I think it's going to be hard for UConn to recruit in the state of Virginia. Diaco is going to have to be really good because it's a serious downgrade in conference affiliation, facilities, campus, stadium, weather, etc. if prospects in the state and neighboring states have ACC offers or West Virginia or Maryland, hell, even an ECU or ODU offer. UConn football is a tough sell to recruits."

45-10

Reaction Score
You know what would be nice? A thread with all the coaches we believe will join Diaco's staff. Maybe a link to their bio/experience? I'd like to nominate a certain someone but I don't want to put them on the spot.

If I went to a UConn football game and had a heart attack I would want this person to assist in keeping me alive. ;)

Reaction Score
Brown can also help offset the AAC curse. He can tell recruits with a straight face that if they are good enough, they can make the NFL from anywhere - the key is doing the work off the field and getting experience on it. He came from I-AA Mississippi Valley State of the SWAC. A few years before him they put out another fair NFL player named Jerry Rice.

Reaction Score
You know what would be nice? A thread with all the coaches we believe will join Diaco's staff. Maybe a link to their bio/experience? I'd like to nominate a certain someone but I don't want to put them on the spot.

If I went to a UConn football game and had a heart attack I would want this person to assist in keeping me alive. ;)

stupidity.jpg

Maybe after a few cocktails during the bowl games tonight.

Reaction Score
Pretty positive words from one of the Virginia bloggers. He's giving kudos to both, but especially AP. Thinks the departures are related to the probable firing of HC London after next season.

http://wahooze.blogspot.com/

Reaction Score
Pretty positive words from one of the Virginia bloggers. He's giving kudos to both, but especially AP. Thinks the departures are related to the probable firing of HC London after next season.

http://wahooze.blogspot.com/
It's the Don Brown approach. You know the staff your currently on is toast, barring a miracle. Go out and get your family settled for the next. Probably happens all the time.

Reaction Score
But not Van Malone? And I was all excited to watch the Cotton bowl too. I was so sure ...:(

Reaction Score
It's the Don Brown approach. You know the staff your currently on is toast, barring a miracle. Go out and get your family settled for the next. Probably happens all the time.
I think you're spot on N. Why not jump on board with an up and coming program and coach instead of waiting for the inevitable demise of yours?!

Reaction Score
I also love how that wahooze blog has a countdown to firing London, hahaha.

Reaction Score
Some interesting posts from the Virginia 247 board. First guy doesn't think much of the moves, nor of UConn in general. However, the last two guys, the ones who appear to be intelligent...lol ...they seem to understand the value they just lost! Brown is spoken of well here too.

tugard said...
I dont see losing Dex a big deal. If it wasnt for his recruiting i think he should of been one of the coaches let go last year. I just dont think he a good coach and now they want him tu be the DC at Connecticut. This is truly a recruiting move but I dont see Dex having a huge impact in rexruiting either. Have your ever seen Uconn stadium? I dont even know what conference they are in. Now if we lise Brown and West than im upset. I say move Tenuta tu DL coach and bring in the penn state DL coach as our DC. I forget his name right now.

Mikeysurf said...
Probably because you don't have clue in terms of how Dex can sell our university. The guy is an icon of our football program. Also, when was the last position coach at UVA to have a 1st team All American? Dex just delivered one! West was an empty suit. London and the 757 Academy were the reason why the program had/have recruiting success in Tidewater/Peninsula. Hagans can go there and we don't miss a beat. Dex is a big loss, especially in the locker room and relationships among the players.

Grimlock said...
Agreed Mikey... This is a tough loss for us even though I am happy for Dex. There are so many things that Dex brings to UVA on and off the field. We are really going to have trouble in the DMV now and I am not sure how we can get any traction there without all the hard work Dex put in. Plus he will be recruiting against us which won't help. If we lose Brown as well, we lose another recruiting footprint in Georgia. These moves certainly don't bode well for next year, as we will have turned over nearly the entire staff outside of Wachenheim and West (if he is still here) in two years. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom