Potential DC candidates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Potential DC candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Additional, from my list of 124. These all meet at least 3 years of NFL playing experience (most have many more than 3, so not exact criteria as in the job description), are all related to the D side of the ball in some from (position coach or coordinator), all meet 10yrs coaching exp. A few have an obscure connection (ex: Jimmy Williams, Grand Valley State). Just adding some fuel to the fire here, all are plausible. Sidenote, this'll be my last production of potential names. Have at it, 'yard.

Harlon Barnett, Michigan State
Ronnie Bradford, Louisiana Tech
Rubin Carter, Purdue
Tim Hauck, Nevada-Las Vegas
Tom Hayes, Kansas State
Marion Hobby, Clemson
Jim Jeffcoat, Colorado
Larry Johnson, Penn State
Brian Mitchell, West Virginia
Jackie Shipp, Arizona State
Mark Smith, Michigan
Lionel Washington, Tulane
Jimmy Williams, Alabama at Birmingham
James Willis, Louisiana-Lafayette

Reaction Score
Van Moore is my dark horse favorite. He'd be a great hire for us.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get Van Malone, his personality is a perfect fit with our program

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Thompson is an attack style defense. So that would keep him out though his bowl game is on the 5th, so who knows.

Reaction Score
Just curious, why the need for nfl player experience. I don't think Diaco, Narduzzi or Kirby Smart (Alabama) ever played in the NFL.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The amount of likes this worn-out joke continues to get on the BY would probably wither my hope in humanity if I hadn't already been exposed to the Internet.
Where does that come from?

Reaction Score
The only guy on your latest list still bowling is Marion Hobby and it is not likely we can pry him away from Clemson. Also don't see any connection to Diaco. Got to think it's Van Malone.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Just curious, why the need for nfl player experience. I don't think Diaco, Narduzzi or Kirby Smart (Alabama) ever played in the NFL.

There is a strong chance that with all state positions (the assistant coaching jobs qualify), it is required to interview all qualified applicants. The positions were very likely posted after the candidates had been determined (and also informally offered the jobs which they informally accepted) with the requirements designed to limit the number of applicants in order to save time and trouble (every fan who believes he did well enough in fantasy football or playing Madden could view himself as a candidate).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow!

I want this guy solely for his character. We can never have enough people of this quality.

Whether he ends up here or not I'm making a donation to New Beginnings!

Reaction Score
I'm on board with Malone as a dark horse candidate. I'm most interested in this hire than the others so far, perhaps because I have some time invested in it. Nice little article on him:

http://www.ocolly.com/article_949c89a8-5e04-11e3-8fcf-001a4bcf6878.html

Really hope this guy is hired as DC, not only because I think it would be a great hire, but also so that I can watch certain posters (the ones I haven't already put on "ignore") conveniently disregard this post and link and blabber uninformed nonsense about how we could have done better.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Actually remember Poindexter from his playing days. Was he at UVA the same time as Terry Kirby? As I get closer to 40, I'm like damn, been watching CFB a long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom