Post Spring Game Analysis - Post Here | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Post Spring Game Analysis - Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course it has nothing to do with Towson. The offense looked terrible because it's terrible.

Yup, that's why it was a controlled scrimmage. They didn't want the few fans that choose to show up to see just how much more putrid the team will be this year.

bth_other_sarcasmMeter.gif

Reaction Score
Really teams review films? I guess the Big 10 and SEC are behind UConn... they stupidly hold spring games which are attended and televised.
And do you think these films are viewed by opponents on the schedule?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And do you think these films are viewed by opponents on the schedule?

Of course they are. But yet all those other programs are comfortable being televised. Yet the least creative offense in the country is playing possum? Ha.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yup, that's why it was a controlled scrimmage. They didn't want the few fans that choose to show up to see just how much more putrid the team will be this year.

View attachment 2832

Put on the blue glasses if you like. I know what I saw yesterday.

If you are willing to take 7 with UConn against Michigan I'm willing to wager $1,000. Tell me what your risk tolerance is on a touchdown spread at home.

Reaction Score

If you are willing to take 7 with UConn against Michigan I'm willing to wager $1,000. Tell me what your risk tolerance is on a touchdown spread at home.
And you call your self a fan. No wonder the whalers left Hartford

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes the program is much better off if I say they looked really good yesterday. Maybe a groundswell of support can get the coach an extension.

Reaction Score
Can anyone who went comment on how the ?? Oline fared against the 2nd string but expected to be decent Dline?

That's about the only thing fans could get an accurate read on given the format.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

It was one's vs one's so that explains some of it as well as the # 2 center was in. Still an area of concern until proven otherwise. On D, Myers was in at tackle with Campenni and Pruitt who saw alot of action last year. Knappe was also looking like he should see the field this year. We have alot of depth on defense. Since the QB's were not running it's hard to say if the read option stuff will be more productive.

Reaction Score
Whaler, as silly as it may sound there was indeed a lot of the offense that was purposefully kept under wraps yesterday. It remains to be seen whether it all shows up looking crisp and effective come that Thursday night in late August.

Reaction Score

Go back and look @ my posts and show me where I said they looked good yesterday?

Reaction Score

You guys are doing the program grave harm by supporting Pasqualoni. We should be cutting off his oxygen supply so that he dries up and blows away. No matter what this guy does, this program is going to have another embarrassing if not non-descript season.

Whether we have 40,000 or 10,000 in the Rent from week to week, 5-7 is probably the best he can do.

He needs to go and the less moral support he gets the better.

Reaction Score

Hey, whaler is a self admitted . But I respect his opinion. I have him grief after last year's spring game but he ended up being 100% correct. I hope he's wrong this year.

Personally I wouldn't take that bet getting 14 at home.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, as silly as it may sound there was indeed a lot of the offense that was purposefully kept under wraps yesterday. It remains to be seen whether it all shows up looking crisp and effective come that Thursday night in late August.

Yes in theory. Can you explain why dozens of better teams were comfortable taking the opposite approach.

This conversation is ridiculous. UConn is hiding nothing - they have nothing. I hope they prove me wrong but they will struggle to beat Towson and Michigan is going to dismantle them. Hopefully they can regroup to be competitive against Maryland.

Reaction Score
I will say this, having two senior citizens on the staff is not good for increasing the energy level. This is just not where we need to be at the college level. HCPP I could deal with surrounded by younger assistants. Warde should have pushed harder on this point but we are where we are so let's see if we're all wrong.

Reaction Score
You guys are doing the program grave harm by supporting Pasqualoni. We should be cutting off his oxygen supply so that he dries up and blows away. No matter what this guy does, this program is going to have another embarrassing if not non-descript season.

Whether we have 40,000 or 10,000 in the Rent from week to week, 5-7 is probably the best he can do.

He needs to go and the less moral support he gets the better.
How does supporting the program change anything. If he fails this year he is goin to be gone. Being negative isn't going to change anything. Weiss got fired from a team that sold out every game

Reaction Score
Yes the program is much better off if I say they looked really good yesterday. Maybe a groundswell of support can get the coach an extension.
I have no issue with you critiquing the team. However most op ions I respect say some thing that is going right as well as opportunities for improvement. The fact you never say anything the team does right tells me you are no expert
I could tolerate a friendly bet but to wager 1000 against your team tells me about your passion for the program

Reaction Score
How does supporting the program change anything. If he fails this year he is goin to be gone. Being negative isn't going to change anything. Weiss got fired from a team that sold out every game

Because nobody wanted him there. And nobody wants Pasqualoni, except for you and a few other Ostriches.

Leave no doubt. Hopefully the shoulder will be cold enough that he just resigns and maybe we can save some money.

Watching him take this program backwards is gut wrenching. And you people are just a bunch of enablers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey, whaler is a self admitted . But I respect his opinion. I have him grief after last year's spring game but he ended up being 100% correct. I hope he's wrong this year.

Personally I wouldn't take that bet getting 14 at home.

I am doing my best to not condemn the program on yesterday's performance.

With a day's perspective I'd make two points:

A: The team on the field yesterday was awful (3-9 awful) but the injuries might give one hope that there is talent coming.

B: The overall presentation of the game was an embarrassment. If any team in a major conference presented their spring game in that fashion their would be an outlash that would end with people being replaced.

Reaction Score
I have no issue with you critiquing the team. However most op ions I respect say some thing that is going right as well as opportunities for improvement. The fact you never say anything the team does right tells me you are no expert
I could tolerate a friendly bet but to wager 1000 against your team tells me about your passion for the program

Uh, who's opinion do you trust that thinks things are going in the right direction? Desmond Conner?

Reaction Score
I will say this, having two senior citizens on the staff is not good for increasing the energy level. This is just not where we need to be at the college level. HCPP I could deal with surrounded by younger assistants. Warde should have pushed harder on this point but we are where we are so let's see if we're all wrong.

Take out GDL and he is surrounded by generally younger assistants. By all reports TJW, Hughes,Buggs and others have increased the energy level. There are multiple quotes from players talking about it.

"With a new coordinator it’s a different attitude and different approach,” Whitmer said. “That’s something we need to bring. We were lethargic last year and didn’t have enough energy. That’s the biggest thing he brings in.”

Whaler may end up being right @ the end of the season. But it was hard to tell what we have and don't have after yesterday's exposition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I've been a season ticket holder since 1998. I'd love to tell you something positive about the program.

I have strong opinions and I'm willing to back them - I want to be wrong about the Michigan game. I will say this. The team that showed up yesterday will struggle to beat Towson.

Reaction Score
I've been a season ticket holder since 1998. I'd love to tell you something positive about the program.

I have strong opinions and I'm willing to back them - I want to be wrong about the Michigan game. I will say this. The team that showed up yesterday will struggle to beat Towson.
Ok so I will give you seven vs Towson and take your Michigan bet

Reaction Score
Take out GDL and he is surrounded by generally younger assistants. By all reports TJW, Hughes,Buggs and others have increased the energy level. There are multiple quotes from players talking about it.

"With a new coordinator it’s a different attitude and different approach,” Whitmer said. “That’s something we need to bring. We were lethargic last year and didn’t have enough energy. That’s the biggest thing he brings in.”

Whaler may end up being right @ the end of the season. But it was hard to tell what we have and don't have after yesterday's exposition.
And this is what is exciting about this year. Pasqualoni has been a decent recruiter and defensive mind. Lets let someone get the offense going even in an average direction and eight wins won't be a problem.

Reaction Score
Because nobody wanted him there. And nobody wants Pasqualoni, except for you and a few other Ostriches.

Leave no doubt. Hopefully the shoulder will be cold enough that he just resigns and maybe we can save some money.

Watching him take this program backwards is gut wrenching. And you people are just a bunch of enablers.
This sounds bandwagon and fair weatherish. I don't speak your language

Reaction Score
And this is what is exciting about this year. Pasqualoni has been a decent recruiter and defensive mind. Lets let someone get the offense going even in an average direction and eight wins won't be a problem.

I'll support the program and Coach P for as long as he's here, but how in the world do we know he's a good recruiter? I don't think a single of his recruits has yet hit the field. As for his defensive mind, Brown had a load of talent and he blitzed almost every play. Most of that talent will soon be having their names called in the NFL draft and Brown is now the DC at BC.

P's off to a terrible start and last season was a total disaster. He'll need to get to a bowl this season to have any chance of coming back and given the schedule I don't think that will be particularly easy.

Reaction Score
This sounds bandwagon and fair weatherish. I don't speak your language

Oh BS. I've been involved here forever. I scheduled R&R around home games. Seriously, kiss my ass.

You are smoking crack. If Ozymandias couldn't get 8 wins against last seasons cupcake schedule, then how does it bode for this one.

No quiero hablar su language Señor Husky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom