Post Mortem Army | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Post Mortem Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Were you excited by the absence of QB touchdown runs against Purdue’s third string? No? Me either.
They didn’t have any plays designed around Steven Krajewski. Even if they did the defense was in the backfield before the ball.

Reaction Score
Most definitely not a wash. Please name me one player on Army’s defense that is projected to go in the top 15 NFL draft next season. I’m waiting.

Army's Junior 6' 7" linebacker who I think the announcers said led the nation in sacks is certainly an NFL prospect, so there you go.

Reaction Score
What we currently know is that we have at least two guys that are better than the guy that Edsall picked to be our QB. Not one...TWO!
I find it amazing over the years because Randy was a QB.... Looking for prototype only? (Height & build)

I would love it if Tyler Phommachanh was great. But he wasn't. And he not any better that Steven Krajewski, to my eyes he wasn't as good.
Pal absolutely no attack but we are all aging. Are you keeping up with yearly eye check ups?

God forbid people look for some bright spots.
Pizza Yes GIF

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
NFL prospect and a projected top 5-15 pick is a BIG difference lol.
He still has to serve his time in the military before he plays in the NFL…right?

Reaction Score
No. To my eyes Steven Krajewski was much more poised in the pocket. Hit receivers (also had a TD dropped) and ran effectively. And he did it against a much better defense.

I would love it if Tyler Phommachanh was great. But he wasn't. And he not any better that Steven Krajewski, to my eyes he wasn't as good.
Agree.. the offense wasn’t doing anything at all l before the reserves went in. Did the kid look ok yes a solid back up yes. However why rush him and throw Steven Krajewski to the side right away. Kid came in against our toughest team on schedule since he played out last toughest team on schedule and moved the ball and did fairly well against them and the yards rushing was no difference

Reaction Score
He still has to serve his time in the military before he plays in the NFL…right?
No. They're getting exemptions to postpone their service time. Still has nothing to do with Purdue's having a top 15 pick against an Army D with potentially 1 nfl prospect.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
No. They're getting exemptions to postpone their service time. Still has nothing to do with Purdue's having a top 15 pick against an Army D with potentially 1 nfl prospect.
I was referring to the Army kid. Sorry about the confusion. I have noticed that, lately, kids with a chance to make it have gotten postponements…the kid from Navy did, but the Bucs cut him. Did anyone pick him up?

Reaction Score

Imagine having like a 15 year NFL career and then having to serve in the Armed Forces after that.

Reaction Score
Couldn't watch the game. We were rushing around packing up to decamp from the shore after two weeks of glorious vacation. But I remember sitting outside for one last celebratory drink with family and checking the score. It was early in the third period and the score was 42-0. Not sure I would get excited about anything that happened after that juncture. It pretty much means nothing other than the D is still gawd awful and UConn needs a complete rethink of what they are doing on D too.

I will start to get excited if Wyoming hasn't covered the spread by early in the third period next Saturday. And yes, I know, UConn won, ATS, yesterday for the first time in forever. Means nothing when you do that against the other team's reserves at the end of the game though. Aside from the money changing hands, that is.

That UMass game is getting closer.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I thought Tyler Phommachanh looked awesome considering the circumstances.

With that being said… I hope he’s not our starter for the rest of the season. There’s no reason to play him in the last 3 games. The extra year we can potentially get out of him isn’t worth 3 pummelings.
Wouldn't bother me all that much if we burned a year. I'd give Steven Krajewski another shot or two, but I'd definitely start Tyler Phommachanh in potentially winnable games just to get the Ws and help morale and recruiting. If we can't do better than Tyler Phommachanh by 2024, we're hopeless anyway.

Reaction Score
you get that feeling actually when you look at what Tyler P did today
No actually it was just based on Jack Z performance as QB. When he sees a defender cross the line of scrimmage and get directly between him and the receiver he was going to throw the ball to - but decides heck I throw pass anyways as that was planned play - well that person (who might be a great teammate and person) should never play the QB position again. He’s done things like this several times this season. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
They didn’t have any plays designed around Steven Krajewski. Even if they did the defense was in the backfield before the ball.
Actually good point. But sorry Steven Krajewski will have to wait now - he is solid #2. Tyler Phommachanh did things a UConn quarterback hasn’t done in years. Exciting, composed and a serious threat on offense! Again, sorry Steven Krajewski but you lost starting job for now.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the Purdue game? Steven Krajewski avoided many sacks and scrambled for big gains or made the pass. Unfortunately, #5 was in his face all day. Is Tyler Phommachanh faster, absolutely but you need both an arm and legs. Steven Krajewski fits that bill better than anyone. He is the real deal
Our tight ends can’t block at all. A few plays guys were 1-1 and just needed to move somebody to open a lane foe the back and not one time did they succeed.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
No reason not to continue with him, especially entering our easiest stretch of our schedule coming up. If we can get two wins in the next five, that'll be huge for helping this team build momentum for next year.
I think it's funny to think there is any portion of this schedule that we can consider to be the "easiest". This team couldn't beat Southington High School. There's no easy part of our schedule. Losing to Yale will be embarrassing, so if we win one game, that's gotta be it. Not sure I see how we even come close to winning any other game. Would love to be proven wrong, but four games worth of evidence is showing me that I'm probably not....

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sadly, if we get two wins this board will be desperate for Spanos to be the coach.

The bar is so low, we have the teams our fans deserve.
Spanos seems like a great guy and I hope he can squeeze some respectability from these players. That being said, he cannot be considered for the HC position next year. Even if we win 3 games this year, we need a fresh start. Hiring Spanos will show that we have given up....

Reaction Score
No. Not any more. He goes into the reserves, and plays in the NFL. Rule changed at Navy a decade ago, Army and Air Force adopted it more recently.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our tight ends can’t block at all. A few plays guys were 1-1 and just needed to move somebody to open a lane foe the back and not one time did they succeed.

Yes, TE blocking at the line of scrimmage on runs has been bad and TE's trying to get out to the hashmarks to block WR screens has been as bad if not worse. And other than Jay Rose, their hands are all rocks. TE's have been a major weakness of the offense.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Imagine having like a 15 year NFL career and then having to serve in the Armed Forces after that.
Two outstanding careers? Sounds great.

Reaction Score
Today was a revelation.

After only practicing against each other, real game tape is starting to show some stuff.

Tyler Phommachanh is the QB going forward.
Mensah is limited going forward. Carter and Newton need touches going forward. Receivers who are dropping passes need to sit. There needs to be repercussions for dropped balls.

On D, loved Evans' explosion off the ball and gap penetration. He is a perfect complement to Jones' pure power.

Everything else sucked.

2wins??
Tyler is definitely our QB going forward. With him on the field our offense can put points on the board even with a weak offensive line. A little history on his family as the UConn bio is a little misleading. His father Sam Phommachanh was a stand out QB at Harding High School in Bridgeport in the late 80’s and early 90’s. His brother Taisun also played his freshman and sophomore years at Harding before going to Avon Academy his last two years in HS. Taisun was an instant sensation at Harding his freshman year and was recruited by all the major colleges. After that the family moved to Stratford, and not too long after lost their new home in a tragic fire. Tyler’s mom is Haitian, and his father Sam and extended family (grandmother Kane) are Laotian. Tyler was also recruited by Rutgers, BC, Coastal Carolina, among others. Tyler played his high school ball at Bunnell HS in Stratford his first two years and transferred to Avon Academy after that. Steven Krajewski will be his backup, and a dam good one. In some games depending on the defense UConn sees, I can see Steven Krajewski getting significant playing time. Against a defense that has a strong pass rush though, Tyler has to get the call.
DAF549FA-E2AC-4B09-844A-A5A841C76FEE.jpeg
22936C3F-B10C-47D6-A260-B2239F99692C.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members