Post Game Thread: Thoughts on Cincy v. UConn | The Boneyard

Post Game Thread: Thoughts on Cincy v. UConn

Reaction Score
I liked that the bench players focused on taking the ball to the hoop. You saw it from Bent and Lexi who rarely have done that all season. I think Bent needs to shoot more or practice her shot if that's what it takes to gain confidence. Several times she was open and instead looked to pass it.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I was mildly amused that Bob Joyce threw in a remark to the effect that, considering the score, the TV announcers didn’t have much to talk about.

They have plenty, Bob. It just has nothing to do with basketball.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Based on Geno's post game comments to Kara, do we need/want a "will Gabby play against USF?" poll?

Reaction Score
Once again, UConn was outscored in the fourth quarter. Reno's remarked on that before as an indication that his bench is not producing. Once again, only one player managed to score off the bench: Walker. Even with all the minutes being given out, the bench can't produce, even against a mediocre AAC team.

And that is very troubling.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts:

Z’s game tonight, probably means we don’t see a lot of Gabby tomorrow, and I’m just fine with that. We’re going to need a healthy Gabby in the Big Dance.

The last few games, Danger seems to have found her shooting stroke again.

If UConn wins their 12th championship, they’ll ride their suffocating defense to the title.

Reaction Score
Once again, UConn was outscored in the fourth quarter. Reno's remarked on that before as an indication that his bench is not producing. Once again, only one player managed to score off the bench: Walker. Even with all the minutes being given out, the bench can't produce, even against a mediocre AAC team.

Bent and Gordon both scored.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I liked that the bench players focused on taking the ball to the hoop. You saw it from Bent and Lexi who rarely have done that all season. I think Bent needs to shoot more or practice her shot if that's what it takes to gain confidence. Several times she was open and instead looked to pass it.
Molly seldom looks to shoot. Very happy she did tonight. Indecision is her worst enemy, but I believe she can be a player when it clicks

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Again. Nobody cares about the quarter by quarter scoring tally when the team is playing 3 days in a row. Survive, advance and try to stay healthy are the only priorities.

Reaction Score
I defended the bench players for their play in last night's game. But 4th Qtr tonight I think they were about 4 for 15. If our starters can blow away Cincy's starters, I would think our bench should be able to beat the Cincy bench!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I hear all the criticism of the bench for not scoring. Looked to me as if they were instructed to eat up every 30-second clock, not to penetrate or go for open shots. Just saying.

You are exactly correct. When they play Jamelle's team , Geno is going to do what is needed to keep the scoring down.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For Trivial Pursuit buffs:

UConn: The five first-half points tied for the fewest the Huskies have ever given up in one half. Fairleigh Dickinson scored five against UConn in November, 2011. ... UConn has won its last 157 games against unranked opponents and has 332 wins in its last 333 games against those outside the Top 25.

UConn shuts out Cincinnati in second quarter, reaches AAC title game

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I was mildly amused that Bob Joyce threw in a remark to the effect that, considering the score, the TV announcers didn’t have much to talk about.

They have plenty, Bob. It just has nothing to do with basketball.
Once again I felt fortunate to have Bob and Debbie synced up nicely with the TV video. A pleasure to watch the game and listen to their commentary. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom