Post-Game Thoughts: UConn v. Tulane | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post-Game Thoughts: UConn v. Tulane

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Gabby was also in tears when she was back on the bench. So sad to see. Praying her career is not done. Hopefully just a tweak that rest will take care of. I'm sure Geno will tell us more in the post game presser.

1st half: A-
2nd half: D+

I mean let's be honest. Tulane is 14-17. Not a good team but they have 1 great player and a couple pretty good players. And if there was any rust to be had, it would have been in the first half. So no rust.

Hard to explain the 2nd half. Yes Tulane played better. Credit to them. But against a pretty bad team like that, we don't judge how well we play based on what a team like that "forced us into". This was not Texas or some other top 10 team. Aside from Z, I'm not sure anyone on the bench did a single good thing except take up space and be a body on the floor.

Am I concerned? No. it's pretty clear that we go 6 deep. On a good day, Megan can give us something, but I don't know if she's going to give us any useful minutes in a meaningful game the rest of this season, and that's a sad statement to make about the #1 recruit coming in. It's possible she's had the worst season (barring injuries) of any top 5 HS kid in the history of UCONN's program.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's March. As I posted in the chat, it is time for someone other than the top 7 to become a scoring threat. We just need 1 to seize the opportunity.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yayy!!!!! Gabby’s ok. Geno said she couldve played but probably going to hold her out for precaution.
Good news. Don't understand her tears in the second half then. But I don't need to understand her situation in the first place.

Reaction Score
Well he me besides Z because of her height can score at will,when the other subs come in with starters they just pass to the starters and when they finally get chance to shoot they get nervous,meg is good one on one but she stands out 3 point line,runs some plays for her so she can get some confidence, not rocket science

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Geno just said that Gabby’s ok. She could’ve played but probably going to hold her out of next game as a precaution. He will know more tomorrow at shoot around. Sounded very promising she’ll be good for the “Real” tournament. It was her hip. Thank god!!!!

Reaction Score
Good news. Don't understand her tears in the second half then. But I don't need to understand her situation in the first place.

I’m sure the injury she’s been dealing with is frustrating for her, for her I’m sure she wants nothing more then to be on the floor helping her team, so the tears are prob nothing more then frustration tears IMO

Reaction Score
If Gabby’s out for any length of time - Megan Walker HAS to step up.
I agree. I would help so much if Z would stop making careless fouls. It's great to hear that Geno thinks Gabby could have returned to the game if needed. But UConn may need to play a Final Four game with 6 players.

Reaction Score
Thank god Gabby's OK. I, like some others, immediately thought the worst. Usually when players come out and go back to the locker room and then come back to the bench in tears they know their season just ended like Lou a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
That was a short Post Game Interview ;)

Reaction Score
well, thanks, DefenseBB, for the Leslie Gore reference (a family friend, BTW).

I'm going to get hated on for this, but just wondering how would we feel if Baylor fans started writing on how badly they feel for Gabby, and, oh by the way, how Geno is not such a nice person.

Reaction Score
In the postseason, I don't care about style points - the Huskies just need 1 more point than the other guys. Survive and advance, baby.
Absolutely!!! and oh by the way, the First Half was pretty much on target...fine UConn Basketball..... things got rough in the second half with 2 injury issues and Geno taking Lou out...probably to protect her from injury. He was not worried about the outcome of THIS game, but rather making sure people were going to be able to play in the next game. I strongly believe we will be fine in the next game with or without Gabby... put Z in her place, and use Meg and Touly off the bench... and save Gabby for the Final.

I'm not concerned how the second half played out because the game was already over.

Go Huskies!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom