Post-Game Thoughts: UConn v. Tulane | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Post-Game Thoughts: UConn v. Tulane

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Pedantry! Great word! :) And I bet that Pangloss would say that the BY is the best of all possible worlds. We get basketball and tutelage. And I like your dog,too.
Aw, Bags actually used the word before I did. This is just a couple of guys who think they're smarter than they really are jabbing soft elbows at each other. No harm, no foul.
Thanks for the kind words regarding my dog. He's a grand champion show dog and the alpha of a pack of eight Golden Retrievers.
Okay, enough of that. Back to UConn women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Even without Gabby and Crystal, UConn won't squeak by. UConn will win by at least 20. Gabby's career is not over. She aggravated her hip. Who's the alarmist who thinks it's her last game?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She leads the team in virtually every offensive category/minutes played. Playing tough post defense is new for her, you have to take the good with the bad, and with Stevens there is a hell of a lot more good. Honestly, they are a better basketball team with her on the floor! This is evidenced by the runs they have gone on recently when she enters the game.
Azura was also allowed to float around on the perimeter at Duke. Sure she’s practiced playing center at UConn last year but she’s learning an entirely new skill set. Some peoples’s expectataions are unreasonable in that they think Z should be a full-fledged, fully developed 5 by now. They should give her a break. She’s improved dramatically as the year has progressed and the last month has been a marvel. She’s going to be a big time national POY candidate if she continues this growth trajectory.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am the most disappointed with Kyla. At her size she plays small, and will not shoot unless wide open on the perimeter. She constantly gets blocked in the lane. Meghan has improved her defense. She looked like a promising offensive player earlier in the season, but now looks to just " not do anything wrong ". Z has never seen a shot she doesn't like. Perhaps it's time for Geno to run some plays thru Meghan until she snaps out of it. Just my opinion.
It’s not a good idea to change the offense in the postseason

Reaction Score
It’s not a good idea to change the offense in the postseason
Normally I would agree, but this is Cincy. UConn runs the same offense with some variance that they have used for a long time. That's why running the offense thru Gabby instead of say, Dolson is virtually the same. I don't see how running a couple of plays to get Meghan involved is going to hurt anyone. The philosophy of this offense is that all 5 players on the floor should be interchangeable, just moved around. From there they are reading cuts and screens. We're not talking 15 shots here.

Reaction Score
But they aren't UConn and they don't have the number 1 recruit in the nation. The sophomores aren't lighting it up either. Texas and Baylor had production off their bench, knowing with injuries there are bench players starting....

Texas did get bench scoring but Baylor got 10 points from their bench. UConn got 15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom