Post game news conference Hurley and Whaley | The Boneyard

Post game news conference Hurley and Whaley

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Damn. Love that young man. Not sure if the NCAA required a player to take questions or not, but kudos for him for being the man to step up.

He’s the guy, with CV, who helped accelerate the culture Hurley was trying to build by a year or 2.

He’s going to have a great professional career (basketball or otherwise). So much skill on the court, maturity and a true leader.

But if he wanted to put his professional life on hold for a year and come back for one more journey.... him and Cole as our Captains, we may just sail to a 5th ‘ship.

More Pork Chops, please.

Reaction Score
I thought it was interesting in Calhoun's recent interview he made a point in saying Hurley does not have a young team. He seemed to not like that being used as an excuse because UConn was not young and they had the best player on the court usually (BOuknight).

10 seconds in and Hurley credit's Maryland's experience lol.

Reaction Score
I thought it was interesting in Calhoun's recent interview he made a point in saying Hurley does not have a young team. He seemed to not like that being used as an excuse because UConn was not young and they had the best player on the court usually (BOuknight).

The best players are young, but Hurley can't exactly come out and say that.

But these guys also still don't have a lot of experience on the big stage. Part of that is how rough shape the program was in, part of it is bringing in transfers to paper over recruiting failures by the previous staff, part of it is we didn't have a Tournament last year.

Reaction Score
Anyone else more upset after listening to Hurley there?

Reporter asking any question:
Hurley: “We knew...” “We knew...” “We knew...” “We knew...”

A week to prepare on what you supposedly knew and that was the coaching job we get? I’m not exactly sure why I’m surprised we lacked any sort of offensive game plan yet again, but I honestly can’t remember the last time a performance made me this upset.

Reaction Score

A week to prepare on what you supposedly knew and that was the coaching job we get? I’m not exactly sure why I’m surprised we lacked any sort of offensive game plan yet again, but I honestly can’t remember the last time a performance made me this upset.
Knowing and doing are two different things
If you don’t put the ball in the hoop you don’t win
It’s pretty simple.
We’ll be in the final 4 in a few years. Relax.

Reaction Score

Young and experienced in meaningful games are not the same.

Reaction Score

No.

If we made a few more shots, he says "we knew Ayala would be a problem and that defending 5 out teams is a challenge for our traditional bigs, but we really turned the mismatch to our advantage at the other end and really overwhelmed them with putbacks on the offensive boards", and you don't have anything to complain about.

Reaction Score
They got dominated by a team that dictated tempo and style of play. The advantages that UConn had going into this game were not even marginally exploited. Acting like it’s some sort of fluke that they lost because they missed a bunch of layups is wild.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

What did you want Hurley to say? The guys played so bad they couldn’t make a layup? Thankfully he’s not Beohiem and doesn’t just throw his players under the bus.

Reaction Score
I really like a lot of what Hurley is doing. And the team is headed in the right direction. They were fun to watch this year. That said, to say that you can't really draw anything up for a defense that switches is just pure BS. My daughter's 5th grade team has an inbounds play that will get them a good look - or at least advantageous position - if the defense switches (or not). And the place to do this is with off ball screens - which Hurley seems to mostly use 20'+ from the hoop.

Reaction Score
No.

If we made a few more shots, he says "we knew Ayala would be a problem and that defending 5 out teams is a challenge for our traditional bigs, but we really turned the mismatch to our advantage at the other end and really overwhelmed them with putbacks on the offensive boards", and you don't have anything to complain about.
A putback is only a putback when it goes in the basket. They really didn't have many of those.

Reaction Score
Yet to prove he could reach a sweet 16 with...Wagner and URI? Is that supposed to be a criticism?

This is his second postseason with UConn. Second. After digging out of Ollie's ditch.
Second postseason? I must have missed the first. LOL! This is one and only postseason with UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom