Post Game Interview | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Post Game Interview

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Is Kevin Ollie turning into Bob Diaco?

Reaction Score
I noticed he posed after hoisting a 3 late in the 2nd half (down 30). He did one of those Steph Curry poses which at that moment I lost some respect for him.

Of course he clanked it.

Humble he ain't.

Not good signs of a leader. And one time some people got lost on D and he looked at Vital, who just went down hard on the other end, with his arms out whining about his D and Vital just ran away. Don't think other players know he's not a good defender or that he doesn't work as hard as he should on that end. He's not a good leader and needs to change as much as his coach if expects any respect at all, and so does Larrier. I mean you need your coach and 2 studs to change already, this isn't pretty at all.

Reaction Score
In the two games we lost the more physical team won plain and simple .. both teams had physical guards who we couldn’t keep out the lane , the forwards were bigger n stronger, it was too easy .. like I said before the whole Uconn team can use an off-season to really get stronger .. I’m hopeful the new S&C coach will get them toned and right ! Ollie right they have to take pride when they step on the court ..next year we have some freshmen players who can put the ball in the basket, right now we don’t have those except for Larrier our only catch n shoot guy

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to teach the pick n roll defense , too many times our guards go under the screen n our bigs don’t hedge , Larrier hands are always down , always falling on the floor, not going after the rebound knowing he’s the only other big on the floor, I think Andersen draws an offensive foul every game I saw, him n vital accepts the defensive challenge.. our transition d stinks too

Reaction Score
Roy Williams after UNC's 63-45 loss to Michigan State:

"Well that’s about as bad an exhibition as I’ve ever seen. I did as poor a job coaching and getting my team ready than in any game I’ve ever coached. Missed layups, missed free throws, didn’t rebound, shoot 24-percent from the floor and 1-for-18 from the three-point line. And the coach coached like he’d never seen a game of basketball before in his life."

"Again, the freshmen acted like freshmen, but so did our seniors. So did the head coach.”

“I will look at it, because I'll look at the job I did,” he said. “I mean, how can you play that poorly? … I will look at myself a million times more than I'll look at the kids.”

Ownership. That's a real coach.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ollie sitting there like "maybe if I don't move a muscle the media won't see I'm here". Meanwhile Jalen is reciting the "we need to believe in our system and stick to what we were doing in the beginning of the season (???)" talking points that he has memorized over his tenure here.

Reaction Score
Roy Williams after UNC's 63-45 loss to Michigan State:

"Well that’s about as bad an exhibition as I’ve ever seen. I did as poor a job coaching and getting my team ready than in any game I’ve ever coached. Missed layups, missed free throws, didn’t rebound, shoot 24-percent from the floor and 1-for-18 from the three-point line. And the coach coached like he’d never seen a game of basketball before in his life."

"Again, the freshmen acted like freshmen, but so did our seniors. So did the head coach.”

“I will look at it, because I'll look at the job I did,” he said. “I mean, how can you play that poorly? … I will look at myself a million times more than I'll look at the kids.”

Ownership. That's a real coach.

Loss of words...

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
In the post game press conference, Arkansas Coach Mike Anderson said twice that he felt UConn "ran out of gas" and attributed it to playing three games in four days but then also said his team is built to play under these conditions. He was very respectful in his comments but what is this saying about the physical (and mental) conditioning of UConn's team? I know KO didn't use it as an excuse, but I'm interested in getting feedback on this. Did the Huskies just "run out of gas" or was Anderson just being nice?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
In the post game press conference, Arkansas Coach Mike Anderson said twice that he felt UConn "ran out of gas" and attributed it to playing three games in four days but then also said his team is built to play under these conditions. He was very respectful in his comments but what is this saying about the physical (and mental) conditioning of UConn's team? I know KO didn't use it as an excuse, but I'm interested in getting feedback on this. Did the Huskies just "run out of gas" or was Anderson just being nice?
I've thought this for a while: we've had terrible strength and conditioning coaches the last few years.

Reaction Score
I've thought this for a while: we've had terrible strength and conditioning coaches the last few years.
There isn't some big secret to strength and conditioning. You run a ton and you build up endurance. You eat clean, eat a lot, and lift heavy you gain more muscle. We recruit string beans so the gaining muscle thing is challenging, most of what they gain in the offseason is burned off with all the practicing and playing during the season. There should be no excuse for our players ever being tired, we are built like Kenyans compared to most other teams.

Reaction Score
The 3 games in 4 days thing is kind of a cop out IMHO. These are kids playing 40 minute games. If they are gassed, that is both unique in the college game (in that most solid teams do not get gassed like that) and concerning. We are not asking these kids to run marathons or even half marathons on back to back days...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The SEC is the best conference in basketball this year. All 14 teams are in the top 100 and 13/14 are in the top 70.

I doubt that will hold up, but we saw how much better they were last year, when SEC teams made strong runs. Bama brought in a huge recruiting class, and Georgia had a good one too. Mizzou obviously with Porter, even though they lost him to injury. The SEC isn't just UK and Florida now. They are much stronger and deeper than in recent years. Better than the Pac or Big East this year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Probably both. It doesn't look like it takes a lot for some players to be winded and bent over. On the other hand, the way they were playing it wouldn't have made any difference. They were missing shots all game long from near and far.

Reaction Score
"We was looking to beat them with our athleticism."
You'd think he would've taken Summer classes to learn how to speak English correctly. I cringe when I listen to him speak.

Reaction Score
There isn't some big secret to strength and conditioning. You run a ton and you build up endurance. You eat clean, eat a lot, and lift heavy you gain more muscle. We recruit string beans so the gaining muscle thing is challenging, most of what they gain in the offseason is burned off with all the practicing and playing during the season. There should be no excuse for our players ever being tired, we are built like Kenyans compared to most other teams.

That's actually pretty funny sj and so damn obvious vs. all 3 of the opponents who had men on the front line.

Reaction Score
You'd think he would've taken Summer classes to learn how to speak English correctly. I cringe when I listen to him speak.

Cringe all you want it's him, and most loved it the year he won it all. To add your criticism for his use of vocabulary, well now isn't the time. He is who he is and for that we kind of were refreshed when we were thinking we had the right guy.

I hear ya but with everything else probably piling on for now right?;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
what I read about this interview made it sound a lot worse than it was

I have no problem with what was said or their body language

Same body language as always, he looks at the game stats all the time and never looks all that happy. But what would we expect. Not happy with accepting that Arkansas was really good, but he may have his own agenda and maybe calling people out now is not his way who knows.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well see what they make of this. If I was on the court for this debacle (full disclosure: I have no where near the athleticism needed to be a D1 major BB player), this crapfest would be burning in me. No one at any level wants to be on the receiving end of beat down like this.

So do they pack it in? Do they accept that this horrid performance is who they are? Do they sleep walk through games not caring about the outcome?

Or do they use this as a starting point and commit be all in on every possession? So they take smarter shots and square up on every one of them? Do they make defense a priority and take offense every time their guy scores?

I don't know how good this team can be yet, but I truly believe that they are not as bad as they looked against Arkansas. Yeah, I think Kevin's got to rethink what he's doing, but it in the end every single player has to step up and the best version of themselves every single play. It starts with Columbia tomorrow night. They should look to make a statement about who they are as individuals and as a team.

We'll see.

Reaction Score
You people as always are friggin infuriating. We played horribly and Arkansas appeared to be playing out of their minds at times. To you dullards, is it literally never okay to say that the other team was playing in the zone and nothing we were doing was fazing them?

Their guy who hit like his first 5 3 pointers, a number of them came with a defender right in his face. I recall like the 4th where Anderson was right up on him and we played a full shot clock of tight D, to the point that as the shot went up I said "Nice D", and the shot slunk right thru the net without hitting rim, and then I said "oh *"

Was I watching a different game? You sad sacks seem to think that if a shot goes in, we played awful D. Have you not lived thru the eras of Shabazz and Kemba where a guy would play great D just to have our guy somehow find a way to make it in? This is basketball, the game, not an EA sports version of it where 0s and 1s decide if a shot goes in. You can do everything right and still get beat by 12 points when the other team simply refuses to be stopped.

Reaction Score

Oh thanks for the analysis, main character from Gran Torino. I sometimes wince when I hear KO speak, not because his speaking embarrasses me, but because I know there are so many Connecticut fans who are as racist as you and believe that since he said "we was" he doesn't deserve respect as a human being.

Reaction Score
Oh thanks for the analysis, main character from Gran Torino. I sometimes wince when I hear KO speak, not because his speaking embarrasses me, but because I know there are so many Connecticut fans who are as racist as you and believe that since he said "we was" he doesn't deserve respect as a human being.
Man.... I live in the south and there are flaming in your face racists everywhere. Pointing out bad grammar in someones speech isn't racist. The man has a 4 year college degree, he's around 40? years old, plenty of time and opportunity to work and improve on ones grammar if one chooses to. Enough with the excuses and if you think the poster is being racist by pointing out KO's horrible grammar your delusional. He's paid 3 million to do a job and part of that job is to speak in public as a representative of the University of Connecticut. I try and politely correct my 5 year old when need be . " I dude it," is now " I did it". My 15 year old used to say " we was" and now says " we were". One is in high school, the other is in pre K. A good portion of the south generally referred to as trailer park trash are easily identified by their grammar, but their excuse is being under educated. Pointing out bad grammar used by KO isn't racist it's a valid criticism considering his education and his occupation. Correct use of English is sometimes a matter of pride and priorities. If our coach was white and used the same bad grammar I think the criticism would be even greater and there wouldn't be a discussion about race. Stop with the bullcr*p. Thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom