possible the best stat from the florida game (17 for 20) | The Boneyard

possible the best stat from the florida game (17 for 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Making FT's at crunch time is a gut check.

Team had been 0-3 in closing out games at the line. Today was the first time this season UConn has closed out the game at the line.

Hopefully it becomes a trend not an aberration.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
TSam was crazy efficient today. Completely different guy than we've seen lately and reminiscent of last March. If he brought something close to that more often this team would be a lot better.

Reaction Score
FT's won this game for us. If we shot our FT's like we did today for Temple, Texas, and Yale we would have a completely different feeling for this season

Reaction Score
TSam didn't touch the rim on any of the 6 either. They were gold.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I would say is Purvis 3-5 from 3. He was 3/4 in the 2nd half. Without that the FT's don't matter.
Second on the list would be Omar 5 for 8 from the field.

Two guys who we need points from won this game and would have won the WVU, Texas, Yale games and made Duke sweat a lot more than they did.

Reaction Score
It was great seeing ours guys make FTs again. It's funny but I got into the habit (really quickly)of thinking we are a great FT shooting team.

Reaction Score
free throws are important but i wouldn't say its the sole reason we won. we won because we flipped the switch defensively and got opportunities to shoot those FT's

Reaction Score
We won because they shot 8-20 on FTs. Didn't we say this is why we lost against Temple. It certainly wasn't due to our frontcourt scoring 7 points.

free throws are important but i wouldn't say its the sole reason we won. we won because we flipped the switch defensively and got opportunities to shoot those FT's

Reaction Score
Keep some balance, everyone complained the Temple loss was due to poor FT shooting, which is fair to an extent and now FL has even worse shooting day and that doesn't matter?

As far as Brimah, I can't believe he would be worried about his blocked shots stat. Maybe go look at the Duke and Tex box score, that's something you should be concerned about.

If all you're going to do is complain about this team and rank on our guys, I think I have a better option for you as a fan:

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kty-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Reaction Score
Yea, I've finally got to put this dude in the same ignore garbage bin as chap

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We won because we hit FTs and they didn't (among other things)
The opposite was true against Temple.

Reaction Score
David 76 said:
We won because we hit FTs and they didn't (among other things) The opposite was true against Temple.

Theres also the whole "best player was injured and missed the whole second half" part of the Temple game that warrants a footnote in there somewhere. I didn't see anyone limping off for Florida. Heck last year, Wilbekin missed three minutes and that was the excuse for our fluke.

The only reason the Temple game went to overtime was that we (DHam) made our free throws in the last minute and they missed two front ends (a six-point swing). Our overall numbers were bad, but crunch time foul shots went our way or we would have lost in regulation.

Reaction Score
17-8 at the line, and pretty much even elsewhere else, won it. Hard to believe in 1 that this would play.

On fouls, what was with that foul on Boat in 2H. He was dribbling up court, and the defender bumped into him in the back court, and again as they approached the basket. The defender was NOT in front of Bazz, and NOT stopped in position. He was running along side butting into him. Don't get the foul, and don't get the review for 'intentional'. Super homie refs?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
17-8 at the line, and pretty much even elsewhere else, won it. Hard to believe in 1 that this would play.

On fouls, what was with that foul on Boat in 2H. He was dribbling up court, and the defender bumped into him in the back court, and again as they approached the basket. The defender was NOT in front of Bazz, and NOT stopped in position. He was running along side butting into him. Don't get the foul, and don't get the review for 'intentional'. Super homie refs?
The refs said Boat pushed off with his left arm. They showed the replay a million times and in the back court the Florida player snapped his head back the first time and Boat didn't even touch him. From there the refs were watching closely and I'm sure they called the foul the second time the Florida player snapped his head back and took a dive as he was running full speed which sent him sliding across the floor because they were close to calling it the first time. It didn't look like Boat pushed off even the second time the Florida player snapped his head back. And to make it more comical they took a very long time to look at replays to see if Boat deserved a flagrant foul. I was mad enough at the foul call, so if they gave him a flagrant I think something would have been thrown through my TV screen.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The refs said Boat pushed off with his left arm. They showed the replay a million times and in the back court the Florida player snapped his head back the first time and Boat didn't even touch him. From there the refs were watching closely and I'm sure they called the foul the second time the Florida player snapped his head back and took a dive as he was running full speed which sent him sliding across the floor because they were close to calling it the first time. It didn't look like Boat pushed off even the second time the Florida player snapped his head back. And to make it more comical they took a very long time to look at replays to see if Boat deserved a flagrant foul. I was mad enough at the foul call, so if they gave him a flagrant I think something would have been thrown through my TV screen.
It looked to me like boat elbowed chiozza in the chest area hard the first time he snapped his head. While there wasn't contact with the head it would explain why he tried to trigger the call. That's why the looked at the replay so long. When the game is loaded up watch the action from the angle that goes down the full sideline from behind the hoop. It's far away but you can see where he throws the chicken wing.

Reaction Score
It looked to me like boat elbowed chiozza in the chest area hard the first time he snapped his head. While there wasn't contact with the head it would explain why he tried to trigger the call. That's why the looked at the replay so long. When the game is loaded up watch the action from the angle that goes down the full sideline from behind the hoop. It's far away but you can see where he throws the chicken wing.
I don't know. They showed the replay about 10 times from different angles and I didn't see any contact on the first head snap by Chiozza. The 2nd time there was contact but was it initiated by Boatright? Hard to tell. I'd like to see the replay again. tcf15, any way to get that clip?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know. They showed the replay about 10 times from different angles and I didn't see any contact on the first head snap by Chiozza. The 2nd time there was contact but was it initiated by Boatright? Hard to tell. I'd like to see the replay again. tcf15, any way to get that clip?
@tcf15

Reaction Score
Sure thing. @gampelcrazies has the full game uploading to YouTube right now, then I'll make some highlights and get you that clip.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Sure thing. @gampelcrazies has the full game uploading to YouTube right now, then I'll make some highlights and get you that clip.
212 mark 1st half. The highlight that shows the first elbow comes well into the replays, after raf calls it a basketball play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom