possible the best stat from the florida game (17 for 20) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

possible the best stat from the florida game (17 for 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
watching the replay now. What's up with Florida playing this 6'6 unathletic white kid at the 5 for most the game? They recruit nothing but top 100 kids, they have to have a better option.

Reaction Score
I don't know. They showed the replay about 10 times from different angles and I didn't see any contact on the first head snap by Chiozza. The 2nd time there was contact but was it initiated by Boatright? Hard to tell. I'd like to see the replay again. tcf15, any way to get that clip?
212 mark 1st half. The highlight that shows the first elbow comes well into the replays, after raf calls it a basketball play.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@tcf15 Thanks for snaging it but it's not the angle I was talking about (don't worry about it, its water under the bridge eh?) The one you can see it from is the very last replay they show where the camera if facing from the direction Boat and Chiozza are running towards, though at a distance. In that angle you can really see how intentional Boat's first elbow to Chiozza's chest was. He basically cocks and jabs him with it.

Reaction Score
@tcf15 Thanks for snaging it but it's not the angle I was talking about (don't worry about it, its water under the bridge eh?) The one you can see it from is the very last replay they show where the camera if facing from the direction Boat and Chiozza are running towards, though at a distance. In that angle you can really see how intentional Boat's first elbow to Chiozza's chest was. He basically and jabs him with it.
Did you watch the entire video? Think the replay you're talking about is at the end.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Did you watch the entire video? Think the replay you're talking about is at the end.
Yep, its the exact opposite angle of that one.

Reaction Score
The overhead view from behind our basket showed it best. Boat was being chased down by Chiozza and the gator did brush him for a foul prior to half court and then Boat has all the right to go to the basket he wants (I know he was trying a little extra) and a guy guarding him from the side cannot take a charge and Boat never extended left arm. This was an awful call - if you think about it its no different than the cheesy foul Chiozza picked up on Samuel in the first half when he sprinted over half court and then stopped knowing an ensuing Samuel who would not be able to stop. Same concept - can't be a foul on the offensive guy the defender has no position as of yet.

Reaction Score
also an awful call was the flop by eli carter. boat was coming down on the break (should have lobbed to brimah but whatever), he decelerated to avoid a charge + spin moved. carter went flying , called for a charge.

Reaction Score
tcf15, thanks for the clips.

OkaForPrez is right that the best angle to see this is the one from the UConn baseline with Boat and Chiozza running right at the camera. The one above doesn't have the first head snap so I'd have to go to the game replay and look at all the replays to see but the one in tcf15's earlier clip clearly shows Boat didn't touch Chiozza on the first head snap. Look where Boat's left arm is when Chiozza snaps his head back. It's in front of him, not at his side. And there's clearly space between Boat and Chiozza so it wasn't Boat's body that made contact with Chiozza.

On the second head snap where the foul was called it looks like Boat went to change direction and did make contact with Chiozza. But Boat's arm only comes up after the contact where it looks like he does this to gain balance so he didn't fall since his body changed direction from going towards his left to being forced back to the sideline from the contact. I guess that probably was a foul since Boat did initiate the contact from his change of direction.

Whatever, it wasn't a big play during the game and UConn won so I don't want to belabor the point any more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
tcf15, thanks for the clips.

OkaForPrez is right that the best angle to see this is the one from the UConn baseline with Boat and Chiozza running right at the camera. The one above doesn't have the first head snap so I'd have to go to the game replay and look at all the replays to see but the one in tcf15's earlier clip clearly shows Boat didn't touch Chiozza on the first head snap. Look where Boat's left arm is when Chiozza snaps his head back. It's in front of him, not at his side. And there's clearly space between Boat and Chiozza so it wasn't Boat's body that made contact with Chiozza.

On the second head snap where the foul was called it looks like Boat went to change direction and did make contact with Chiozza. But Boat's arm only comes up after the contact where it looks like he does this to gain balance so he didn't fall since his body changed direction from going towards his left to being forced back to the sideline from the contact. I guess that probably was a foul since Boat did initiate the contact from his change of direction.

Whatever, it wasn't a big play during the game and UConn won so I don't want to belabor the point any more.
Check the video right above your post...i think that's the one you guys are looking for.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
How many people were 99 percent sure there was a flagrant coming for Boatright based on how long they took on the review?

Reaction Score
Check the video right above your post...i think that's the one you guys are looking for.
Yes, thanks. But that replay they show picked up the play after the first head snap which occurred in the back court. I can't remember if they showed the replay of first head snap with that angle during the game. I can go to your site and replay that part of the game to see.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
How many people were 99 percent sure there was a flagrant coming for Boatright based on how long they took on the review?

I was thinking that too and would have needed a new TV if that were the case.

The officiating was garbage after Donovan took a time out to b!tch to the officials. Florida made it worse by flopping. Yeah, the foul discrepancy was 7-1 in UConn's favor at one point but Florida actually was in the double bonus before us and the foul discrepancy ended 8-10 in favor of Florida before they started to foul intentionally at the end. Officials certainly made a point of piling up 'make up' calls on UConn after the Donovan time out.

And the call that Donovan and the crowd were complaining about before the Florida time out was a clear reach-in foul by Chiozza on Boat called correctly.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I was thinking that too and would have needed a new TV if that were the case.

The officiating was garbage after Donovan took a time out to b!tch to the officials. Florida made it worse by flopping. Yeah, the foul discrepancy was 7-1 in UConn's favor at one point but Florida actually was in the double bonus before us and the foul discrepancy ended 8-10 in favor of Florida before they started to foul intentionally at the end. Officials certainly made a point of piling up 'make up' calls on UConn after the Donovan time out.

And the call that Donovan and the crowd were complaining about before the Florida time out was a clear reach-in foul by Chiozza on Boat called correctly.
Yep, I thought Omar was in position on his block call and the boat charge that waved off his teardrop (on a spin move no less) was tough to swallow as was facey's rebound action foul.

Foul differential billy was complaining about was built up on their relentless clutching and grabbing off penetration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom