Possible new name for the Big East... | The Boneyard

Possible new name for the Big East...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Big East has commissioned a study to consider alternative names,

Yes, because that's exactly how anyone would choose a new name, right?

What a waste of resources. idiots. If they don't have enough firepower at the table to come up with something themselves, perhaps one of these geniuses can just start a thread on the school messageboards (we probably already have a few dozen here) and bring the top choices back to vote on them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My choice:

Conference Purgatory

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

What a waste of resources. Fecunditying idiots. If they don't have enough firepower at the table to come up with something themselves, perhaps one of these geniuses can just start a thread on the school messageboards (we probably already have a few dozen here) and bring the top choices back to vote on them.
Too logical.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

What a waste of resources. Fecunditying idiots. If they don't have enough firepower at the table to come up with something themselves, perhaps one of these geniuses can just start a thread on the school messageboards (we probably already have a few dozen here) and bring the top choices back to vote on them.

For what its worth, when youre dealing with a multi-billion dollar enterprise its probably not a bad idea to bring in an agency to help.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me - but I can't imagine a large organization likethe Big East consulting message boards for input on decisions. And I'm glad they wouldn't.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
"The WOSC" (Wide open to Suggestion Conference)
"The AAC" (All American Conference). Good until we take in a school from China. Just think of the markets there.
"The AAHPC" (All American Hodge Podge Conference)
"The NDBC" (Notre Dames itch's Conference}

Wife suggests:
"The ICC" (Identity Crisis Conference)
"The WHBYD(bnmb)C" (We Have Balls and You Don't (but not much brains) Conference)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
For what its worth, when youre dealing with a multi-billion dollar enterprise its probably not a bad idea to bring in an agency to help.
Why not compromise. For all the ridiculous ideas that would come from the message boards (see my stupid suggestions) there would be a lot of great ideas that would also come forth. If need be, to avoid politicizing which suggestion to take let it come up for a vote by the Universities Pres. If no good ideas then an agency can always be hired.
There are a lot of sharp tacks in these forum amongst all the average Joe's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How about the Big East Conference?

First, it's free and second, who cares? You can't put lipstick on a pig so just stop already.

A nifty new name ain't going to change the fact that we have scrapple like Temple and SMU in the league and it surely won't change the fact that we're exchanging Big Monday for channel 624 with a lead in from bass fishing.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Why not compromise. For all the ridiculous ideas that would come from the message boards (see my stupid suggestions) there would be a lot of great ideas that would also come forth. If need be, to avoid politicizing which suggestion to take let it come up for a vote by the Universities Pres. If no good ideas then an agency can always be hired.
There are a lot of sharp tacks in these forum amongst all the average Joe's.

so youre suggesting a major business enterprise look to a sports message board filled with a bunch of mutton heads to spearhead a major rebranding campaign? Interesting idea.

Poe

Reaction Score
if the Big Ten doesn't need to change its name why should the Big East? just leave it as is and move on

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
so youre suggesting a major business enterprise look to a sports message board filled with a bunch of mutton heads to spearhead a major rebranding campaign? Interesting idea.

I admire the restraint. I struggle with that sometimes.

Reaction Score
I believe FriarJ wished a clusterf^ck of a conference upon UConn & Rutgers.

That what the new, new, BE is, so, let's call it the BIG CLUSTERF^CK CONFERENCE

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
if the Big Ten doesn't need to change its name why should the Big East? just leave it as is and move on
This.

I love people saying "OMG half the Big East isn't even on the East coast."

Suck a nut.

If the Big 10 can have 12 teams and the Big 12 can have 10 teams, the Big East can do whatever it wants. At least for people in Hawaii our name makes sense, the Big #s don't even have that going for them.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The BIG COUNTRY CONFERENCE. It pretty much sums it up...They should hire Bryant "Big Country" Reeves as commissioner... My serious vote is for the EAST-WEST CONFERENCE. You can add BIG but I'd drop it.

Reaction Score
I think they need to add at least one team from the West Coast and call it the CCC for Cost to Cost Conference. That's all I got. :rolleyes:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The Sloppy Seconds. Plus the University of Connecticut.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You know the obvious mobius to this.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Oh just cause I like creative naming activities (still pissed the football premium board wasn't named 'The Extra Point'), I'd like to add a few:

UCC - The United Chameleon Conference (we'll be whatever we need to be)
SWEC - The South, West, East Conference
LORC - Left Over Raided Conference
WIC - Waiting for Invite Conference
NALC - Need Another Leftover Conference
=C= - Conference (generic)
BARC - Best Available Remaining Conference
STEC - Soon Tobe Extinct Conference
WTFC - (self explanatory)
WOC - Want Out Conference

There's no reason to come up with a real name - let's just be honest with what we've become.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me - but I can't imagine a large organization likethe Big East consulting message boards for input on decisions. And I'm glad they wouldn't.

I was mostly kidding about the message board part, but you know as well as I do that the only reason an agency would be consulted is to cya and appease the group (and the respective boards of trustees to whom they report) with the appearance of an independent study. I didn't read the part about a major rebranding campaign. Of course that would warrant a PR firm or the like. I understood that they were looking for alternate ideas for a "tweak" or "twist" on the existing name, which is what I thought the article reported. IMO the only reason to hire an agency for that aspect would be for cya and to appease a group. Do you really think that the resulting name will be appreciably better--or any different at all--by hiring an agency that is likely filled with the very same types of people who are posting here? And, exactly, who do you think the target audience is? Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom