Possible Grad Transfers Next Year? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Possible Grad Transfers Next Year?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Updating the running list for those keeping track . 2nd great addition by @Dillon77.

SG: Hannah Friend 6’1” Sacramento State
SG: Aliyah Jeune 6’1” Morehead State
PG: Ali Patberg 5’10” Indiana
SF: Kia Gillespie 6’1” MD Florida State
SG: Borislava Hristova 6'0" Washington St.
SG: Haley Gorecki 6’1” Duke
SG: Kitija Laska 6’1” South Florida
SG/W Brenna Wise 6'0" Indiana
P: Beatrice Mompremier 6’4” Baylor, Miami.
P: Erin DeGrate 6’4” Louisville, Texas Tech.
PG: Taja Cole 5’7” Louisville, UGA
F: Jordan Hosey 6’2” Texas
F: Victoria Gaines 6’1” Michigan State
F: Ayana Mitchell 6’2” LSU
G: Laura Cornelius Miami
F:Mariella Fasoula, 6-5" Vandy
Sharpshooter Destinee Walker from UNC is also eligible. ND flirted with her when she was a HS senior (ranked 17th by Olson/Hoopgurlz), but she has only shot 30% from 3pt range in college: LINK.

Reaction Score
Except that he got Jasmine from his good friend Doug Bruno. I'm sure Jose woudn't want to lose her, but who knows what Kitija wants?

big difference between losing an assistant and your best player though

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sharpshooter Destinee Walker from UNC is also eligible. ND flirted with her when she was a HS senior (ranked 17th by Olson/Hoopgurlz), but she has only shot 30% from 3pt range in college: LINK.

Is she even healthy? I dont think she has played this year... I know she missed last year due to injury

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure if Uconn is interested or not but I think Mitchell (LSU) and Gorecki (Duke) would both provide needs for Uconn next year, Mitchell as a strong rebounding forward and Gorecki as decent long range shooter, Watts from unc could also be a potential option for shooting.

like i said in another thread

Yall need to keep those dirty paws the heck out of Durham :mad:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Gorecki's having a terrible shooting year. I'd prefer to stay away.

A much better guard option would be Ali Patberg, but I don't see why she'd want to leave Indiana. Plus, she's used to playing nearly the entire game. Not sure how that works with CD and CW. Patberg's teammate Brenna Wise is an interesting player. She's a wing that rebounds well and is about the best free throw shooter in the nation, plus great from three.

Reaction Score

A much better guard option would be Ali Patberg, but I don't see why she'd want to leave Indiana. Plus, she's used to playing nearly the entire game. Not sure how that works with CD and CW. Patberg's teammate Brenna Wise is an interesting player. She's a wing that rebounds well and is about the best free throw shooter in the nation, plus great from three.

I think Gorecki is playing PG, not her best position. She is still getting 7.1 rebounds.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Meh. When Gorecki was paired with Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell she shot around 45% from the 3. This year's squad has a entirely different lineup and she's playing a bit out of position. Im sure her numbers would go back to being good if she played in a shooter's friendly offensive system like they have in Storrs... that being said... Not sure why people on here mention her anyway........... dont see why she would leave her friends and teammates behind to play one year in Connecticut.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Meh. When Gorecki was paired with Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell she shot around 45% from the 3. This year's squad has a entirely different lineup and she's playing a bit out of position. Im sure her numbers would go back to being good if she played in a shooter's friendly offensive system like they have in Storrs... that being said... Not sure why people on here mention her anyway...... dont see why she would leave her friends and teammates behind to play one year in Connecticut.
Or to sit on the bench for her final year.

Reaction Score
Meh. When Gorecki was paired with Lexie Brown and Rebecca Greenwell she shot around 45% from the 3. This year's squad has a entirely different lineup and she's playing a bit out of position. Im sure her numbers would go back to being good if she played in a shooter's friendly offensive system like they have in Storrs... that being said... Not sure why people on here mention her anyway...... dont see why she would leave her friends and teammates behind to play one year in Connecticut.

Maybe a Conference Championship, and a top 25 ranking?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe a Conference Championship, and a top 25 ranking?

She can stay where she is an be on a team that gets a top 25 ranking....... i wouldnt leave Durham for an AAC championship... but thats just me. Have no idea what a 22 year old think.s

But anyway..... does UCONN have any redshirt juniors on the roster? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She can stay where she is an be on a team that gets a top 25 ranking.. i wouldnt leave Durham for an AAC championship... but thats just me. Have no idea what a 22 year old think.s

But anyway..... does UCONN have any redshirt juniors on the roster? :rolleyes:

Camara is a redshirt junior.................I assume her health will determine whether she plays next year.....................if she does play I suspect she will stay in lovely Storrs CT................

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Camara is a redshirt junior.......I assume her health will determine whether she plays next year......if she does play I suspect she will stay in lovely Storrs CT......

Whats her major?

Reaction Score
It's clear to me that Crystal's and Pheesa's recent struggles, as well as Lou's ongoing and Christyn's shooting woes, are the consequence of our thin roster. They're exhausted, physically due to the minutes they've logged and mentally because of the burden placed on them - they know there's no help on the bench.
I haven't given up on the season, #1 seed or not. I have too much confidence in Geno and CD not to. But, win it all or not this year, we have no chance next year unless we get some additional front court help. We need height and muscle. Aubrey won't be enough.
So, Geno has to find help from the overseas, transfer, and/or JUCO pools.

Reaction Score
It's clear to me that Crystal's and Pheesa's recent struggles, as well as Lou's ongoing and Christyn's shooting woes, are the consequence of our thin roster. They're exhausted, physically due to the minutes they've logged and mentally because of the burden placed on them - they know there's no help on the bench.
I haven't given up on the season, #1 seed or not. I have too much confidence in Geno and CD not to. But, win it all or not this year, we have no chance next year unless we get some additional front court help. We need height and muscle. Aubrey won't be enough.
So, Geno has to find help from the overseas, transfer, and/or JUCO pools.

highly unlikely that a one year patch job with a transfer or two is going to get next year's team to the NC...........UConn's best bet is to strike gold with the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes which should bring them right back to the top very quickly........

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
highly unlikely that a one year patch job with a transfer or two is going to get next year's team to the NC......UConn's best bet is to strike gold with the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes which should bring them right back to the top very quickly...
Charlie, I think the 1 year patch is needed simply from a numbers perspective. We have 10 players, 2 seniors, 1 redshirt Junior and we have 1 recruit for next year. At best that’s 9 players. Personally, I will be shocked if Batouly returns, I mean why would she- to sit on the bench or do what Natalie did in finding a good graduate degree school either at a lesser P5 or at a mid-major where she can play significant minutes. That leaves 8 on the roster. Grad transfers (or Euros/Aussies) will have to fill those open needs if not for 1 year then multiple (we lose 3 more next year) as he recruits the 2020/21 classes heavily to fill 8 spots-isn’t that always your main concern?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The career Batouly has had at UConn and the difficulty of learning the system may keep most grad transfers from coming to UConn. Z also had trouble adjusting after two seasons, one practicing and one playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom