Possible bigs for 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Possible bigs for 2019

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
he might as well be nicknamed Mr. Glass and not because he's a good rebounder
1547081553020.gif

Reaction Score
No, it wasn't Marial, I've known about him. I do know he was 7'3 in the article that was posted on here and was just being noticed. It was awhile ago though so I'm sure he's a big project, which we don't need.

You're right, it was another guy who was not 7'3" but was tall and slender and played at Springfield Commonwealth Academy.

Reaction Score
I personally think we have enough 2-3 star guys on our bench to last us the next couple of years. KO made sure that cupboard was stocked. How’s that working out for us right now? Josh Carlton, Isaiah Whaley, Tyler Polley, Eric Cobb and Christian Vital are all 3 star recruits. Only CV has really worked out well. Polley has a chance to be a solid backup. Half our roster is made up of these types of recruits. We need to do better in my opinion.

The coaches must disagree with you, unless Rivals is wrong. They show Cross with a UConn offer, along with Bryant, UMass, Penn State and the mighty Green Wave of Tulane.

Reaction Score
If you’re trying to make the case that Carlton and Polley are fringe 4 star guys I’m not going to disagree with you there. I think that further validated my point. I’m fine with taking a shot on an underrated recruit now and then, but right now this constitutes over 50% of our roster and most have shown they are not capable of contributing so far at this level.

We have 2 scholarships available right now and we desperately need a center. We don’t need a 3 star 6’ 8” guy who isn’t even physical enough to play the 4, we have those guys on our roster already (Polley, Whaley)

If you're talking about Cross, relax. First of all, he's a junior so this year is out of the question, and at 6'6" and 220 pounds he ought to be physically able to compete at a major level.

Reaction Score
You're right, it was another guy who was not 7'3" but was tall and slender and played at Springfield Commonwealth Academy.

I figured it out. It was Naheem McLeod, he's from Pennsylvania and signed already with Florida State unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I figured it out. It was Naheem McLeod, he's from Pennsylvania and signed already with Florida State unfortunately.

I don't think so. He's been in PA the last several years and sounds as if he never left the area. The name doesn't seem right for the guy I saw written up at SCA.

Reaction Score
I think you're thinking of Charles Coleman. He has a weird offer list. He had a lot of interest from major programs last year, but it seems to have died down. Wake Forest offered in December according to his twitter page
He goes to Dexter right? How good are they this year?

Reaction Score
Give me this kid every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Tough as nails. He’d fit Hurley’s culture so well.

Hurley might read the boneyard afterall

C

Chief00

Sounds like Kofi
Don't want another disappointment
I agree we need a big so bad - I don't have much faith that Carlton is going to turn out any tougher. I don't think it's in his chemistry. Would love to see MD come back but are they saving him for redshirt or did he redshirt last year? I can't remember. At least he has a mean streak and a bit of the junkyard dog.
Was watching Houston a few times this year and they have some fine looking players but I don't recognize them as being nor have heard any announcers talking about any be 4* or 5* talent in high school. They are fast, physical and can shoot lights out. Maybe UConn needs to concentrate on regional players who have talent but aren't the elite - kids who can shoot and want to get better and play at least 3 years. Houston has a lot of 3 and 4 yr players as does Cinci, SFU - that is important for programs who don't normally get the elite talent
In Texas, because of the football culture, they have great strength and conditioning programs in HS. It benefits basketball players too. Houston is a huge metro area (maybe the 3rd or 4th in the country) and they got a lot of good athletes moving from New Orleans post Katrina.

C

Chief00

The only consensus 3-star players (meaning the only recruits ranked 3* on all three major recruiting services, not 247's consensus rankings) that are slated to be on this team next year that were leftover from the previous regime will be Christian Vital and Isaiah Whaley.

If one of Dan Hurley's strengths is player development do not be surprised if there are some 3* players mixed into these future classes.
Agreed, Danny looks at the Rome’s the team needs and recruits accordingly. Guys that can help him win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom