• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Please shut this down, Can we get one put up as we get new info and rumors ?

Not being a pest but when I come home from work I'd prefer to read info and rumors and not opinions or conversation

I know this will upset those with opinions but I'm sure many others feel the same.

Ive got hard news. The Big12 is playing us to get what they actually want.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
An actual reporter runs a story and the most respected college sports reporter west of the Rockies retweets it. Or we can believe butthurt Big 12 fans who don't like the story. We will know soon enough who is right.
None of Wilner, Canzano, Scheer, or Dodd are very reputable anymore.

Reaction Score

Not being a pest but when I come home from work I'd prefer to read info and rumors and not opinions or conversation

I know this will upset those with opinions but I'm sure many others feel the same.
Why click on the thread then?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Top of the thread click ignore.

Reaction Score
We click on the thread because the title is Possible Big 12 invite rumors. Not how did Penn State do in football, and if I read it correctly the OP was talking about Penn State basketball and their losing their coach.
Understandable, but once a thread reaches say …..90 PAGES!, you can pretty safely assume that it’s not all breaking news

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Lew stated cleatI
It would have if not for the idiots in charge who slept in when realignment was happening and UConn was left behind when the ACC took Louisville instead

Reaction Score
The best part of all this B12 discussion is Houston and UCF fans acting all high and mighty like their athletics are somehow above ours. We literally get no respect for how great our overall athletics are because football has been a dumpster fire for the last decade. The list of completely mediocre schools I've seen mentioned that people would want in the B12 instead of ours is pure COMEDY.

Reaction Score
Because I follow my school information is why
When/if there’s breaking news trust me you will know before you even go on this thread, as I’m sure the thread title would change.

Reaction Score
Penn State football went 11-2 last year. Their only losses were @ #5 Michigan and to #2 Ohio State at home. They won the Rose Bowl beating #8 Utah.

And this is your example of a school that has trouble recruiting?
Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote. They have trouble recruiting AA basketball players, and some football players.

This is pretty well known.

I don't know why you find this odd.

11-2 seasons are par for the course for PSU football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Understandable, but once a thread reaches say …..90 PAGES!, you can pretty safely assume that it’s not all breaking news
But you never know if that next post is going to be breaking news.

Reaction Score

I’ve been here for 20+ years, you get used to scrolling through the thread. Occasionally someone has information or color that is great…it might be weeks depending on the subject. I actually find it comical and entertaining when the thread pages get to this level…I imagine a poster typing like they had a typewriter…bang bang bang…getting angry. Good luck

Reaction Score
Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote. They have trouble recruiting AA basketball players, and some football players.

This is pretty well known.

I don't know why you find this odd.

11-2 seasons are par for the course for PSU football.

Guilty as charged I guess.

The premise of the preceding discussion was that Penn State didn’t care about basketball. I took your post to imply that their lack of success on the hardwood wasn’t that they didn’t care, but rather because they had trouble recruiting athletes to a largely white campus in the middle of nowhere.

Ignoring the obvious irony of this position coming from someone that supports a successful basketball team from a largely white campus in the middle of nowhere, I attempted to demonstrate that they could indeed recruit athletes.

Now you seem to concede that they can indeed recruit football athletes (no big deal because after all, kicking but in football is just what they do) but, notwithstanding the similarities to UConn, they can’t attract basketball athletes. (because there is an obvious, and inherent difference between basketball and football athletes?)

Do I have this right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You've never been to Georgetown? It's in a city that is half African-American.

As usual, you don't know WTF you're talking about

Reaction Score
Guilty as charged I guess.

The premise of the preceding discussion was that Penn State didn’t care about basketball. I took your post to imply that their lack of success on the hardwood wasn’t that they didn’t care, but rather because they had trouble recruiting athletes to a largely white campus in the middle of nowhere.

Ignoring the obvious irony of this position coming from someone that supports a successful basketball team from a largely white campus in the middle of nowhere, I attempted to demonstrate that they could indeed recruit athletes.

Now you seem to concede that they can indeed recruit football athletes (no big deal because after all, kicking but in football is just what they do) but, notwithstanding the similarities to UConn, they can’t attract basketball athletes. (because there is an obvious, and inherent difference between basketball and football athletes?)

Do I have this right?
I didn't realize UConn had so few black students.

At PSU it's a notorious problem. It's been as low as 2% recently.

Centre Cty is just so far from anywhere. Storrs is not isolated at all by comparison

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm glad you have Greta facilities. I'm sure she appreciates them.

Fwiw, this is what I fortune on PC mens basketball total revenues:

The Providence men’s basketball program paid out $12,448,442 in expenses while making $12,448,442 in total revenue

So, if total revenues are 12.5 million how could ticket sales be 20 million? We know that providence college makes one about 4 1/2 million from Big East distributions. So that would seem to be no more than $8M in ticket sales, right? Probably less because I would think you get revenue from your uniform deal, right? And then there is your various Branding contracts, sales of merchandise etc. anyway how much is Cooley getting now $6M? I guess that worked out for the best, because you guys really couldn't afford him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom