• We got no choice

Votes: 305 46.9%
  • Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I believe the new B12 contract was signed AFTER Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving. This seems to trip up a lot of people, as does the ACC GOR, but you are That Guy.
Well, the B12 pulled a fast one on these TV nerds. No one is going to give a crap about B12 football. No one outside the fanbases of B12 schools will tune into any of the games. B1G and SEC will now completely dominate the CFB landscape even more than before.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you can, but I don't buy it. Pitt was one of the best programs in the country, then when they joined the ACC they immediately fell off. From 2002 until 2011, Pitt was a top 4 seed in eight of the next ten years. Then they announced they were going to the ACC, and they stopped getting the same recruits. They made the tournament 3 of the next 5 seasons and we're seeded 8, 9, and 10 in those tournaments they made. Then they completely fell off the map even though they made more money and could hire anyone they wanted. Syracuse made a miracle final four run one year, but their teams were consistently mediocre pretty much every year after they joined the ACC. Look at the NCAA tournament seeds...when you can't pitch recruits on MSG anymore, the recruiting is going to take a hit.
Pittsburgh had a great coach in Jamie Dixon who they lost that had a lot to do with it!

Reaction Score
Even if the ceiling is 8-4, 9-3, and lighting in a bottle 10 win season. That's damn good enough in a P5 league. But no one really knows. UConn in a P5 can attract a Chip Kelly or Pat Narduzzi. New England guys who can punch above their weight. In G5 purgatory this is a near impossible job because you're trying to recruit against P5s RU, SU, Pitt, PSU BC.

That's a tough spot to be in.
Very good point!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are there any Northeast schools that left the Big East and have done well in their new conference?
Are there any northeast schools that stayed in the Big East and have done well?

Nova, I guess if you want to stretch Northeast.

Reaction Score
It's funny I'm on the 57th page of this thread, and there's so little here about playing Kansas perhaps 2x a year in basketball, and facing teams like Cincinnati, Baylor, West Virginia, Iowa St, Kansas St or Houston. This isn't chopped liver.

Reaction Score
It's funny I'm on the 57th page of this thread, and there's so little here about playing Kansas perhaps 2x a year in basketball, and facing teams like Cincinnati, Baylor, West Virginia, Iowa St, Kansas St or Houston. This isn't chopped liver.
No we prefer seton hall, St. John’s, GTown, and pc because they’re closer. And Creighton, Marquette, DePaul and butler makes sense regionally.

Sarcasm

Reaction Score

And, if they could find a way to add Arizona and Gonzaga…

Reaction Score
If the Big East is discussing raising the exit fees, this seems like a forgone conclusion.
I wonder what the BE by-laws are for upping the exit fee? Probably a 2/3 or 3/4 majority but I wonder if they can make it effective "immediately"?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

If UConn joins, they will use pods. We will hardly see Kansas.

zls44

Reaction Score
Or we'll see them all the time.

No, you'll see WVU, UCF and Cincinnati all the time. You might see Kansas twice a year, maybe not even in Connecticut.

zls44

Reaction Score
I am not sure what the right move for ESPN is. At one point I got them trying to be a sports broadcasting monopoly, but now, who knows? Them being the only show in town for most of this century has covered up a lot of terrible decisions. They have spent 20 years trying to shrink the market for their college content, which doesn't make sense from a competitive or revenue standpoint. They have basically made themselves completely dependent on the SEC in the streaming era, which was both stupid and avoidable. Every time I think ESPN has made the stupidest decision possible, they top it with another one.

It continues to amaze me how every single take you have on ESPN has been shown to be wrong, that the insane claim that they pick the schools to move makes no sense based on everything that actually happens...and yet you never stop to think that you were completely wrong. Yeah, they must have no clue what they're doing.

Enjoy Maryland-Charlotte on NBC.

zls44

Reaction Score
So your theory is the Big12 brings us in to the conference to not play Kansas? Think they may have some explaining to do to their media partners if that were the case.

If they go to 16 teams, they're going to use travel pods.

Not sure if you've noticed, Kansas ain't exactly local.

Reaction Score
If they go to 16 teams, they're going to use travel pods.

Not sure if you've noticed, Kansas ain't exactly local.
There'll be a Kansas home and home every year, oh ye of little faith.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom