Polley Tears ACL | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Polley Tears ACL

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Get well soon. It came after the best game of his career....I guess Bouk and Sid will be seeing more playing time
I am so impressed with Tyler. He looked he was going Pro last game. Then I heard this just before the game. Sucked the life out of me. Maybe, just maybe Bouk and Sid will really shine?

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Tyler...kid works hard. He may frustrate the fans at times but he puts in the work to get better I can promise you that. Wonder if he'll qualify for a 5th year, anyone know the rule with that? Fast recovery Tyler Phommachanh!!

The team I think will be okay...I personally think Bouk is an upgrade at the 3 (not taking a dig at Tyler). If we can get anything near what Sid brought us today, we'll be just fine. Gilbert, Vital, Bouk, Akok, and Carlton with Adams, Gaffney, Sid, and Whaley off the bench.

Reaction Score
grad transfer also a possibility for him if he redshirts next year

Reaction Score
He could play such a useful role on a high level team — play 8-10 mins and just fire up threes. In a perfect world that’s where we will be.

Reaction Score
The injuries UConn has had over the past 4 years are absolutely insane:

Gilbert Shoulder
Gilbert Shoulder
Larrier ACL
Adams Knee
Diarra career ending Knee issue
Polley ACL
Don’t forget
Juwan durham
Jalens concussion
Boats ankle (we win that aac tourney game if he stays in I always felt this is when the wheels fell off)
Omar calhoun
I think purvis missed a load
Steve no show Enoch
Yakwe

Reaction Score
Explain. I want to hear this. Call it morbid curiosity.
Although rarely employed even at the highest level of sport, high intensity training days should be followed by a low intensity day. This minimizes the risk of non-contact injuries like Polley's torn ACL. Friday was the day before Saturday's game so Friday should be a low intensity day. That virtually eliminates the possibility of a torn ligament or other injury. What teams will instead do is lower the volume (time) of practice the day before a game but not the intensity of movement. It happens all the way from professional sports to high school and is probably the biggest contributing factor to major injuries like this. Why? There's no good answer except "this is how we've always done it."

Reaction Score
Although rarely employed even at the highest level of sport, high intensity training days should be followed by a low intensity day. This minimizes the risk of non-contact injuries like Polley's torn ACL. Friday was the day before Saturday's game so Friday should be a low intensity day. That virtually eliminates the possibility of a torn ligament or other injury. What teams will instead do is lower the volume (time) of practice the day before a game but not the intensity of movement. It happens all the way from professional sports to high school and is probably the biggest contributing factor to major injuries like this. Why? There's no good answer except "this is how we've always done it."
One problem.with that theory- the game was on Sunday not Saturday

Reaction Score
Oops. Care to retract your bull#$&* statement?
How does this guy not know the game was Sunday? He posted that the injury was totally unavoidable right before the game yesterday.

Does he think today is Sunday?

Reaction Score
... and Saturday was a low intensity day w/ a just a walkthrough/shoot-around @ XL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oops. Care to retract your bull#$&* statement?
FULL RETRACTION. Thought it was torn on Saturday. My sincere apologies.

But one has to wonder what went on Thursday and it's still my contention that improper "load management" is the cause of non-contact injuries such as this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom