Polley Tears ACL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Polley Tears ACL

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We can’t do both? Kick rocks
I can certainly do both.
I can think it's sad and totally sucks for him, for the team, and for the fans.
I can even make a questionable, "Well, that sure is following the 'Leave 'em wanting more' advice, isn't it?" joke.
Emotions come out in all directions. I'm very sorry to hear this news, and know I'm not alone.
Best wishes for a healthy recovery, Tyler!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really sad news for you Tyler. I’ve been a fan of yours since freshman year. Come back strong.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
First time I ever learned about breaking news through reading a haiku...

What a shame. Kid had to be on cloud nine after Tulane and looking forward to more of same.

Wish him a full recovery.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This sucks. Juniors don't always come back from ACL's because it just isn't worth it for them. He won't get a RS for this year, so he has one year left. If he isn't going to be ready to play in November, he isn't going to come back next year for half a season. We probably won't see him again on the court until November 2021, if he comes back at all. He will be 22 by that point.

If Polley doesn't think he will play in the League and doesn't want to go overseas, this may be the end of the line for him. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do. He is a hustler and a class act.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Horrible for Tyler coming off his best game ever. Horrible for UConn. Let’s hope the guys step up. Bouknight and Adams mostly, plus Sid.

Reaction Score
This is just devastating news.
Feel so damn bad for him, get well Tyler Phommachanh, channel you’re inner Adrian Peterson and come back as an MVP.

also, it’s nice to know we now have 1.5!?shooters on this team. Offense is going to look like molasses a lot the rest of the way :(

Reaction Score
Horrible for Tyler coming off his best game ever. Horrible for UConn. Let’s hope the guys step up. Bouknight and Adams mostly, plus Sid.
Thats what makes this even worse. We have had absolutely terrible luck over the last few years. I guess that means somebody has to step up. Maybe Sid or Bouknight can have a breakout game today.

Reaction Score
Horrible news and horrible this happened to him. I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Wow won't know if he just jumped out of his shell now. I feel bad for that kid, he wanted to be a good Husky.

Get better Tyler, healthy!

Killer for the remainder of the year, killer!!

Reaction Score
Silver Lining is his last game, how he went out. He'll be a new Man, with a hunger to excel.

Just saying it would be much worse if it would have happened a week or two ago.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sucks for Tyler Phommachanh. Hope he gets a full recovery.

bouk now gets a chance to shine.

Reaction Score
For those asking about medical redshirt, he would have had to play in 30% or fewer of the team's total games. With 15 games played UConn would have to play 50 games for him to be eligible. So even going to the finals of the NCAA or NIT is not enough games. He can not get this year back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom