Polley Tears ACL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Polley Tears ACL

Reaction Score
Hate to see it after his break out game and effort. Unfortunate break for a god kid. Seemed like we had a rotation that started clicking with him in it. Hope for a speedy recovery and time to completely unleash bouk

Reaction Score
I really feel for Tyler. Dude is always working, and has made great adjustments all year to improve defense and rebounding. It sure is a shame because he still has a ways to go and I have no doubt he would have been even better by the end of the year. Hope the team can pick him up and play for him today

Reaction Score
That’s a big loss but for now we can hope it results in Bouk becoming a major contributor faster and/or the resurgence of Sid Wilson. I don’t consider this injury the end of any hope for this team to get it together. We still have guys with ability that aren’t playing up to their potential that might step up.
He's by far our best open shooter and we're down to 9 guys who can play. This also puts into focus how we still need a lot more for next season. I don't ever trust a player coming off an ACL to be nearly the player they were in their first season back.

Reaction Score
He's by far our best open shooter and we're down to 9 guys who can play. This also puts into focus how we still need a lot more for next season. I don't ever trust a player coming off an ACL to be nearly the player they were in their first season back.
Will he ever be back for the entire first half of next season? Or next season at all? He’s a possible red shirt next season

Reaction Score
Head bang Amazing to me - kid gets major injury, is facing surgery and long recovery and who knows how this will impact his future playing days, his dreams and half of you only worry about how this affects the team.

Reaction Score
In my decade of posting on this and the old board this is one of the rare times that Im at a complete loss for words.

Reaction Score
Will he ever be back for the entire first half of next season? Or next season at all? He’s a possible red shirt next season
I doubt it. It would be a rush and he wouldn't be effective. They have to seriously talk about what happens moving forward.

Reaction Score
Head bang Amazing to me - kid gets major injury, is facing surgery and long recovery and who knows how this will impact his future playing days, his dreams and half of you only worry about how this affects the team.
The reason he is at UConn is to play basketball. If he wasn't a basketball player, he wouldn't be here. I am sure that every poster feels for him (especially those who have had knee injuries), but this does effect the team in a negative way and given that this is a basketball forum, then this type of issue will be discussed without doubt.

Reaction Score
This isn't mean to be a knock on Tyler Phommachanh but his athleticism isn't really what makes him a good basketball player. He's a good spot up shooter so a bad knee doesn't really worry me that much. If it was someone like andre jackson it would be more of a concern for his style of play

Reaction Score
WHAT !!!!! Oh my god.. Such a kick in the $@&!.
I really like Tyler Phommachanh. This totally sucks for him.

Devastating

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is just awful. I was actually just thinking “hmm at least we haven’t had a catastrophic injury to a starter this year.” Get well Ty

Reaction Score
UConn press release says out 7-9 months, assuming all goes well. 7 months is August, 9 is October. Entirely possible he could play all of next year, though I think we’d have to temper our expectations for his production.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom