Poll Will Napheesa top Katie-Lou for Most Points Scored | The Boneyard

Poll Will Napheesa top Katie-Lou for Most Points Scored

Will Napheesa End up With Most Points Scored over Katie-Lou this Year

• Yes, Napheesa will Pass Katie-Lou for most Points Scored this Year.

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • No, Katie-Lou will end up with Most Points Scored this year.

Votes: 57 45.2%
  • Other: They will both end up Tied for Most Points Scored.

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
this year. Katie-Lou sits at 600 Points and Napheesa has scored 592.

Points scored by Sophomores at UConn

503 - Shea Ralph, Kara Wolters
533 - Bria Hartley
540 - Tina Charles
564 - D. Taurasi, S. Abrosimova
592 - Napheesa Collier
596 - Nykesha Sales
600 - Katie Lou Samuelson

656 - Kerry Bascom
670 - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
754 - Maya Moore
777 - Breanna Stewart

Depending on how far team goes into the tournament, I can see Katie-Lou and/or Napheesa possibly passing KML. I don't think both will pass KML. UConn would need to play 9 Games and both would have to average approx 20 points a game to pass KML.

Reaction Score
this year. Katie-Lou sits at 600 Points and Napheesa has scored 592.

Points scored by Sophomores at UConn

503 - Shea Ralph, Kara Wolters
533 - Bria Hartley
540 - Tina Charles
564 - D. Taurasi, S. Abrosimova
592 - Napheesa Collier
596 - Nykesha Sales
600 - Katie Lou Samuelson
656 - Kerry Bascom
670 - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
754 - Maya Moore
777 - Breanna Stewart

Depending on how far team goes into the tournament, I can see Katie-Lou and/or Napheesa possibly passing KML. I don't think both will pass KML. UConn would need to play 9 Games and both would have to average approx 20 points a game to pass KML.

Is this new math or something ? They are only 78 and 70 pts behind KML and with potentially 9 games to go. Seems like they could pass KML after the first game of the NCAA, assuming they win the AAC tournament.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You're correct its new math. :) When I looked at the totals, my quick math showed that Napheesa and Katie-Lou had to have 169+ points to pass KML Guess I need to stop commenting about Cashiers unable to calculate in their head the correct change. Have to use Register or Calculator. :) More accurate to say, they won't pass Maya Moore. Thanks

Is this new math or something ? They are only 78 and 70 pts behind KML and with potentially 9 games to go. Seems like they could pass KML after the first game of the NCAA, assuming they win the AAC tournament.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Even though they both have 20+ point games, I feel Lou will score more.

Napheesa and Lou could pass KML in scoring this year.

Reaction Score
You're correct its new math. :) When I looked at the totals, my quick math showed that Napheesa and Katie-Lou had to have 169+ points to pass KML Guess I need to stop commenting about Cashiers unable to calculate in their head the correct change. Have to use Register or Calculator. :) More accurate to say, they won't pass Maya Moore. Thanks

I think one of them will pass Breanna this year, assuming Uconn goes all the way.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If they both average 20 PPG for the remaining 9 games that would be 180 more points each. That would put both of them right around Breanna Stewart for sophomore scoring. I doubt they will average 20 PPG for 9 straight games, but it's possible. IMHO they will easily pass KML and both will be close to, or pass, Maya. They would both need to average about 17 PPG to pass Maya.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If they both average 20 PPG for the remaining 9 games that would be 180 more points each. That would put both of them right around Breanna Stewart for sophomore scoring. I doubt they will average 20 PPG for 9 straight games, but it's possible. IMHO they will easily pass KML and both will be close to, or pass, Maya. They would both need to average about 17 PPG to pass Maya.
Well they both averaged 20 points for 29 straight games so far this season, so I am not sure why they could not do the same for the next 9 - presuming they make it to the championship games of both tournaments, the average strength of opponent in those nine games will not be far removed from the average strength of their regular season opponents. And this is the time of year when Geno unleashed the dogs and lets them run!

Reaction Score
My money's on Lou, though it could go either way. As UConn moves into the Sweet Sixteen and beyond, Pheesa may be needed to do more work underneath, and she is (alas!) more foul prone and may get more bench time.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I doubt they will average 20 PPG for 9 straight games, but it's possible.

Are you for serious? Lol they have averaged just over 20 already in 29 games! And their recent averages over the last several several games is even higher! Plus considering that against top 25 teams their average is decently higher than just 20 pts....and they will play the biggest names on the biggest stage.

It'd be awesome to see them both outscore Stewie. What a statement. And it is 100% possible without any doubt.

I'd say you'd have a point in doubt if they needed 30 pts a game. But averaging 20 is something they are already accustomed to do

Reaction Score
i think they will both keep up the 20ppg averages... with the lack of depth, even in blowouts they have to play around 30 minutes. you figure the games today and tomorrow, and first round NCAA - score shouldn't be too close, these 3 games would be the only games where they would see extended rest...

Reaction Score
I believe Lou will take it, but not surprised either way. Only surprised if it's not close and that could mean not good things for team in their run to #5 in a row.

1- teams have more attention to how Pheese can dominate them too on offense and will need to lay off Lou a little in order to guard them both equally. Meaning not cheating and help defense.

2 - Lou has to be primed to step up her game. I think today will tell us a lot as she should be rested.

3 - Kia will help balance perimeter play that teams will have to pay attention to her as well, helping Lou.

4 - in general teams will pack the paint a bit more than past games because they will have almost no chance if the let Pheese and Gabby shot layups all game. At least they can hope UConn is cold for outside.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I think they will both pass Maya. Passing Stewie more difficult but my guess is one of them does it.

Which one? Collier has been a scoring machine recently and the nature of her game and her shooting percentage tends to favor her. But if Lou finds the rhythm, and I think she will, watch out.

Reaction Score
Exciting times for the UCONN faithful and especially the Boneyard.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pheesa has been hot lately, so I give her the edge. But Lou can put up a lot of points in a hurry--3 at a time. I think both exactly tie Stewie. ;)

Reaction Score
It's now KLS 619 and Napheesa 616. With Napheesa having the hot hand and Lou still not quite right, I'll go with Napheesa. Earlier in the year it would have been Katie Lou.

k

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Its now Napheesa 632 points scored Katie-Lou 631 Points Scored. This is going down to the last game UConn plays.

It would appear Katie-Lou might have the advantage as she shoots so many 3's. Yet Napheesa scores so many layups with her low post play. Hopefully we'll see a couple of 30 points scored in a game if the team needs them.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Its now Napheesa 632 points scored Katie-Lou 631 Points Scored. This is going down to the last game UConn plays.

It would appear Katie-Lou might have the advantage as she shoots so many 3's. Yet Napheesa scores so many layups with her low post play. Hopefully we'll see a couple of 30 points scored in a game if the team needs them.

My math isn't so hot but let me try.

Run the table to NC game means seven more games, tops.

IF both play 7 games and IF both average 20 ppg (as they have for 31 games), that computes to 771 (Lou) and 772 (Pheesa).:)

And oh yeah, 3x2=6 (Pheesa) just like 2x3=6 (Lou) -- and FT's count 1 for each make.Head bang

Does that work?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think it's going to come down to fouls for Lou...if she stays on the floor, she will score...especially now that people realize they can't guard the post without help...

Reaction Score
What was kml's single season 3-pointer? Wonder whether KLS can break that record this season or have to wait till next season.

Reaction Score
What was kml's single season 3-pointer? Wonder whether KLS can break that record this season or have to wait till next season.
KML's single-season record for threes is 117. KLS is at 100 now, with up to 7 games left. If we play all 7 potential games, she needs to average 2.57 threes per game to beat KML's record. One big game with 6 threes would mean she would only have to average 2 per game in all the other games. It's more than do-able.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K had 118 as a sophomore on an insane .492 shooting. She followed that with 121 on .488 shooting as a senior. She was understandably an All-American both seasons.

I believe that Kelsey Mitchell had the NCAA season record of 128. Brianna Butler of Cuse passed that last year, getting to 129. If Lou plays 7 more games, she needs 3 per game to catch KML and just over 4 per game for the NCAA record. Go Lou!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML's single-season record for threes is 117. KLS is at 100 now, with up to 7 games left. If we play all 7 potential games, she needs to average 2.57 threes per game to beat KML's record. One big game with 6 threes would mean she would only have to average 2 per game in all the other games. It's more than do-able.
J66, I think you are short-changing K. I double-checked the archives. She had 118 and 121.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
BTW, if Kelsey Michell stays in college, she's almost certain to break K's career record of 398. If she goes to the pros, Asia Durr and Lou will take aim at K's record.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K had 118 as a sophomore on an insane .492 shooting. She followed that with 121 on .488 shooting as a senior. She was understandably an All-American both seasons.

I believe that Kelsey Mitchell had the NCAA season record of 128. Brianna Butler of Cuse passed that last year, getting to 129. If Lou plays 7 more games, she needs 3 per game to catch KML and just over 4 per game for the NCAA record. Go Lou!
Correction--Mitchell's old record was 127, not 128. Butler has the new record at 129.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom