Poll Will Napheesa top Katie-Lou for Most Points Scored | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Will Napheesa top Katie-Lou for Most Points Scored

Will Napheesa End up With Most Points Scored over Katie-Lou this Year

• Yes, Napheesa will Pass Katie-Lou for most Points Scored this Year.

Votes: 63 50.0%
  • No, Katie-Lou will end up with Most Points Scored this year.

Votes: 57 45.2%
  • Other: They will both end up Tied for Most Points Scored.

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
BTW, Asia Durr has 108 treys this season on solid .404 shooting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mitchell's total is 127 treys as a frosh, 126 treys as a sophomore, and 107 so far as a junior. She is on pace to break 500 if she stays for her senior season. She shoots about 38% to 39%.

Reaction Score
In comparing the total points that Katie Lou and Napheesa will score during their Sophomore seasons with the 777 points scored by Stewie, it is worth remembering that Stewie scored her 777 points in a season where UConn played a total of 40 games. Even if we play all the way through the NCAA Championship Game, the most games that our dynamic duo can play in this year is only 38 games. An extra two games could be worth 40 points apiece for Katie Lou and Napheesa given their scoring to date.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
KML's single-season record for threes is 117. KLS is at 100 now, with up to 7 games left. If we play all 7 potential games, she needs to average 2.57 threes per game to beat KML's record. One big game with 6 threes would mean she would only have to average 2 per game in all the other games. It's more than do-able.

Up to today, Lou is averaging 3.23 made 3-pointers per game. Over 7 games, the same average would give her between 22 and 23 more.

Reaction Score
Is this new math or something ? They are only 78 and 70 pts behind KML and with potentially 9 games to go. Seems like they could pass KML after the first game of the NCAA, assuming they win the AAC tournament.
I'm sure it was meant to be Breanna Stewart, for the most points in a season, not KML. It's pretty certain that both will pass KML easily.

Reaction Score
Its now Napheesa 632 points scored Katie-Lou 631 Points Scored. This is going down to the last game UConn plays.

It would appear Katie-Lou might have the advantage as she shoots so many 3's. Yet Napheesa scores so many layups with her low post play. Hopefully we'll see a couple of 30 points scored in a game if the team needs them.
Yeah, it's appreciably easier to score on layups than three point baskets. That's obviously the reason for the bonus point on three point shots. Napheesa is so very efficient on the interior that I think the advantage is easily hers. When KLS is in rhythm, she's the best shooter in the country, in my opinion but with her being banged up, particularly having fingers on her shooting hand a bit messed up, it's a lot tougher.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, Lou has 7 treys in 20 minutes. Can she get to 129 for the season?

Reaction Score
1/2 half Lou is putting stake in ground as league's top scorer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby gets the rebound and leads the break. All-American play.

Reaction Score
KML's single-season record for threes is 117. KLS is at 100 now, with up to 7 games left. If we play all 7 potential games, she needs to average 2.57 threes per game to beat KML's record. One big game with 6 threes would mean she would only have to average 2 per game in all the other games. It's more than do-able.
10 tonight in 3 quarters...out of ten...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well this should be fun to watch with tonight's game KLS is up by 14 pts on NC. With both players capable of going off on a tear, the team will be tough to stop and how great it is to see two players fill it up at any one time. Add in the third of the trio- Gabby an wholly cow! My bet was KLS and it looks good so far...it is one bet I will be ok losing...:cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou moved back ahead of Pheesa for most points on the season.

She now has 110 treys on the season. She needs 11 to tie Kaleena's UConn record and 19 to tie the NCAA record. I think those will take 1 and 2 games, respectively. :D

Reaction Score
Lou moved back ahead of Pheesa for most points on the season.

She now has 110 treys on the season. She needs 11 to tie Kaleena's UConn record and 19 to tie the NCAA record. I think those will take 1 and 2 games, respectively. :D
Well, I hope she destroys the NCAA record because if she's shooting well, UConn is going to be awfully tough to beat. They'll be pretty tough to beat even if KLS weren't shooting well but if she stays anywhere near this hot through the NCAA tournament, it'll make everything so much easier.

Reaction Score
Don't want to be greedy. I'll settle for 8 for 10 average for the NCAAs.
But great as tonight was, it means that some teams will be headhunting in the tournament. If they touch 1 blonde hair.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Reaction Score
Well, I hope she destroys the NCAA record because if she's shooting well, UConn is going to be awfully tough to beat. They'll be pretty tough to beat even if KLS weren't shooting well but if she stays anywhere near this hot through the NCAA tournament, it'll make everything so much easier.

Oddly Geno was asked what he thoughts keys were for advancing and he made two points but not about Lou or hitting 3's.

1-- If Gabby could knock down her mid range jumper.

2-- If Danger would continue her solid play (before tonight's game.). I was not so thrilled with her game tonight. I thought it subpar. In the 2nd half I don't thin she hustled as much and imo she tried a hot dog pass late. With this said, everytime she steps on the court - I'm pumped to see her play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oddly Geno was asked what he thoughts keys were for advancing and he made two points but not about Lou or hitting 3's.

1-- If Gabby could knock down her mid range jumper.

2-- If Danger would continue her solid play (before tonight's game.). I was not so thrilled with her game tonight. I thought it subpar. In the 2nd half I don't thin she hustled as much and imo she tried a hot dog pass late. With this said, everytime she steps on the court - I'm pumped to see her play.
Yeah, I thought Crystal took a small step back today. But cruising a little when the team is up by 60 is human.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Don't want to be greedy. I'll settle for 8 for 10 average for the NCAAs.
But great as tonight was, it means that some teams will be headhunting in the tournament. If they touch 1 blonde hair.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I'll take 4-7 in each of 6 more games.

Reaction Score
I think one of them will pass Breanna this year, assuming Uconn goes all the way.
Lou only needs to average 17.7 points per game in NCAA tourney (assuming they make the championship game) to pass Stewie.

Reaction Score
This is a game to game thing. One game I think it will be Napheesa, and the next game I think it will be Katie Lou. Let's hope they end up in a tie with a lot of points.

Reaction Score
I voted for KLS. She will have more points as more offensive players are run for her. Napheesa gets her points off of OReb and the high low game from Gabby. Lou get more of her points off of 2 or 3 screens.

Reaction Score
As it stands now Lou has scored 671 points and Pheesa 647. However, everyone knows that Pheesa could put up a lot of points in the next game and pass Lou. We won't know until UConn's last game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think what the two them most want is to be tied at the end of their careers at 4....

NCAA titles! Everything else will be everything else...

Reaction Score
As it stands now Lou has scored 671 points and Pheesa 647. However, everyone knows that Pheesa could put up a lot of points in the next game and pass Lou. We won't know until UConn's last game.
If you're just talking about the next game and KLS present leads by 24 points, either Pheesa is going to have to score a phenomenal points or KLS is going to be struggling mightily. I'd rather have Pheesa score a massive amount of points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom