• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well sure

Except: (speaking of January only):

They scored 68 points in a 16-point win against unranked Iowa State
They scored 79 points in a 6 point win over #24 West Virginia.

Last two games were better.

Ok grant them a clear #2, with a distinct separation between them and us and perhaps widening.

I would agree that Baylor isn't even close to being as good as UCONN. I think that at this point UCONN is a virtual lock to win a 5th straight NC.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well sure

Except: (speaking of January only):

They scored 68 points in a 16-point win against unranked Iowa State
They scored 79 points in a 6 point win over #24 West Virginia.

Last two games were better.

Ok grant them a clear #2, with a distinct separation between them and us and perhaps widening.

For the sake of accuracy, the win over ISU was by 26 points, not 16. And Baylor is winning their Big 12 contests by an average of 29 points.

Reaction Score
Would it be taboo for me to root for the Lady Vols?

Do you want to get banned from the board?

Several years ago, @HuskyNan will probably remember, the Men's board put a member on trial for inappropriate/unacceptable behavior (I think he complimented Duke). I believe Deepster was the judge.

Reaction Score

Several years ago, @HuskyNan will probably remember, the Men's board put a member on trial for inappropriate/unacceptable behavior (I think he complimented Duke). I believe Deepster was the judge.
But it's for the good of our team. SC will likely be humiliated if they lose. Their esteem may even be in the gutter by the time they arrive in Storrs. :D

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Where can I find who is reffing the game? If Enterline is there....

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SC wins. As to theMOV, who knows.

If Tennessee decides to actually play it could be a nail biter to the very end. Maybe OT. If not, its a blow out for SC.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

I think the wood chipper was one of the more popular and more lenient of the sentences in those days.

woodchip.gif

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
But it's for the good of our team. SC will likely be humiliated if they lose. Their esteem may even be in the gutter by the time they arrive in Storrs. :D

You sound afraid of February 13th. Why wouldn't you want to beat the best South Carolina team possible?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
SC is better, more consistent, and at home, so I think they win by 10-15. If they are off their game and Tennessee plays to their potential, an upset is possible.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's a big stage and if we seen the same effort against SC that DD gave against ND it could be interesting. For Tennessee to have a shot Russell will have to avoid foul trouble.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
SC should win by 10-15 as Milford says and, yet, they looked very vulnerable against a sloppy, can't shoot Miss St. Anything is possible in this game. Still, I picked SC.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Would it be taboo for me to root for the Lady Vols? I promise I won't wear orange. :oops:

Anyone who has a "likes to post" ratio of 2.89/1, which is kind of like assists to turnovers but better, gets a pass on this one. Just please don't make it a habit.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
Are you even serious... SC, even if the game was played in knowville...
Hopefully, the "Good" TN team will show up, and still ... it won't even be close. SC by 15.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is 14.5 point favorite tonight against Tenn. The over/under total is 140.5 I personally don't think the
total points gets to 140.5--we will see.

Reaction Score
Well, even if South Carolina wins big tonight, the poll above (spoiler alert!) gives Tenn a ~25% chance.

I am thinking how this time last year I thought Holly was completely dead in the water, not only with a crappy team but with no recruits. But now, here she sits with a somewhat less than crappy team (at least at times) and a lot of recruits heading her way. My miscalculation makes me feel completely humble. Okay! that feeling has passed. :)
I suggest it wasn't miscalculations at all. It was and is an accurate observations. When they play good they play good--when not===Holly is helped by loads of talent--again I suggest the talent is not at the reins.
Being humble is only for humble people---many humble are that way for a reason. It does not suit you.

Reaction Score
Are you even serious... SC, even if the game was played in knowville...
Hopefully, the "Good" TN team will show up, and still ... it won't even be close. SC by 15.
The question to be answered---what do they actually know in knowville???

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would agree that Baylor isn't even close to being as good as UCONN. I think that at this point UCONN is a virtual lock to win a 5th straight NC.
Lock? Not a lock, a good bet, absolutely, Baylor has been playing many of its freshman and developing their bench and just like our AAC opponents, the Big12 teams get up to play Baylor so certain rivalries are always competitive regardless of ranking. So, yes UConn #1, slight to some gap for Baylor at #2 and a big gap to #3,4,5,6.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
Clever, excellent catch! Knoxville ( and I almost repeated the error, even with the double check).

Seriously, SC at home is a no brainer. Actually, SC vs TENN even in Knoxville is still not close... they don't know the horses or the schemes to Handle Wilson & Coates. Add A. Gray... and TN will be fortunately to keep it close through 2 quarters.

Reaction Score
South Carolina because they will be up for Tennessee and want to show them that they're still top dog in the conference. Also Tennessee is so inconsistent and they're playing on the road. South Carolina by 10+.

Reaction Score
I cannot even fathom a defense for TN winning this game... for many reasons....

Will the team even CHOOSE to play.... I know Mercedes didn't even show up last game.... and that was for the U of Florida...

SC by 16

Reaction Score
You sound afraid of February 13th. Why wouldn't you want to beat the best South Carolina team possible?
I'm always anxious when we play a top notch team that has a legitimate chance of beating us. Aren't you? And, I'll take any and every advantage possible baring injury and/or misfortune. Humiliation isn't either of those. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom