Poll: Who do you want as our Head Coach? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who do you want as our Head Coach?

Who should UConn's next Head Coach be?

• Dave Clawson (Bowling Green HC)

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Jeff Quinn (Buffalo HC)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Joe Moorhead (Fordham HC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pat Narduzzi (Michigan State DC)

Votes: 122 67.0%
  • Pete Lembo (Ball State HC)

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Rob Ambrose (Towson HC)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • TJ Weist (Interim UConn HC)

Votes: 35 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought you were talking recently. I don't Krug ever played for the patriots though I know he was in their camp. Heck we had a guard drafted by the seahawks, last name Franks I believe, before the draft got dropped to seven rounds.

Reaction Score
You don't have to put guys into the NFL to have a great college OL. Your old buddy George ruined it.
My old buddy George? Never met the guy. Why would you say he's "my" old buddy? Is it because you just like to start shiet here?

Reaction Score
Thought you were talking recently. I don't Krug ever played for the patriots though I know he was in their camp. Heck we had a guard drafted by the seahawks, last name Franks I believe, before the draft got dropped to seven rounds.
Point is over the years there have been a handful at best and UConn has chronically struggled on offense. Who's even in the ballpark for getting signed in this next recruiting class? They got 3 so far and one of them is about the size of a small defensive end or maybe even a TE.

Reaction Score
Point is over the years there have been a handful at best and UConn has chronically struggled on offense. Who's even in the ballpark for getting signed in this next recruiting class? They got 3 so far and one of them is about the size of a small defensive end or maybe even a TE.

We had one of the best running attacks in football. You can't have that without a good offensive line. Say hi to PGDL for us the next time you three meet up for the early bird special down at the diner.

Reaction Score
We had one of the best running attacks in football. You can't have that without a good offensive line. Say hi to PGDL for us the next time you three meet up for the early bird special down at the diner.
Keep living on the coat tails of Donald Brown. That'll get ya places. Last time I looked UConn backed into one BCS bowl game by virtue of a three way tie and got spanked for it's troubles. I'd like to see them do better and hopefully the next guy in can get it done.

Reaction Score
Keep living on the coat tails of Donald Brown. That'll get ya places. Last time I looked UConn backed into one BCS bowl game by virtue of a three way tie and got spanked for it's troubles. I'd like to see them do better and hopefully the next guy in can get it done.

And Jordan Todman, and Andre Dixon, and even Lyle McCombs before your uncle destroyed signature running game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dude, 0-12 is a HUGE difference compared to 3-9. Had it not been for TJ and his wisdom, our overall all-time record would be 38 under .500 instead of 32. We were 22 games under when Pasqualoni was hired. Hockey is a great sport, just not anywhere as nearly as important as the pageantry that is football in conference realignment. Most of us would be clinically depressed until next fall if it was not for these 3 wins.

That's still not folk hero status. In a few years we'll be saying..."who was that guy that filled in for PP after he was canned"? Lyman DePriest...that's a folk hero.

Reaction Score
And Jordan Todman, and Andre Dixon, and even Lyle McCombs before your uncle destroyed signature running game.
That's a quick way to get blocked.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
And Chris Bellamy and Cornell Brockington and Lou Allen and Robbie Frey.... seriously this isn't even an argument. The strength of UConn since the day DanO left was with our running backs and offensive line... and PP and GDL destroyed it.

Reaction Score
"The strength of UConn... the strength of UConn"..... LOL man everyone keeps missing the point. When was this strength of UConn in football? When they beat one of the worst Notre Dame teams in history or when they got pounded by Oklahoma in their only BCS bowl invite? I'm still waiting to see the strength of UConn football and I've been waiting longer than most here. And....once again I'll say it, hopefully the next guy in brings that to the fans because none of the other coaches, teams or offensive lines have yet. I'm not forgetting the fact that UConn has only been D-1 for a little over a decade but please....don't give me this strength of UConn football crap. I'm waiting for the day when I can go to the Orange or Sugar Bowl and see top 10 UConn play and win!! Then we can all reminisce about strong UConn football teams.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
"The strength of UConn... the strength of UConn"..... LOL man everyone keeps missing the point. When was this strength of UConn in football? When they beat one of the worst Notre Dame teams in history or when they got pounded by Oklahoma in their only BCS bowl invite? I'm still waiting to see the strength of UConn football and I've been waiting longer than most here. And....once again I'll say it, hopefully the next guy in brings that to the fans because none of the other coaches, teams or offensive lines have yet. I'm not forgetting the fact that UConn has only been D-1 for a little over a decade but please....don't give me this strength of UConn football crap. I'm waiting for the day when I can go to the Orange or Sugar Bowl and see top 10 UConn play and win!! Then we can all reminisce about strong UConn football teams.

Wondering why you follow UCONN football then? UCONN had solid running game before though the entire time FHCRE was here and that changed with FHCPP. You can point to whatever you like, but that is a fact. FHCPP believed in one back carrying the load while most top programs have at least two backs carrying the load.

Reaction Score
That's still not folk hero status. In a few years we'll be saying..."who was that guy that filled in for PP after he was canned"? Lyman DePriest...that's a folk hero.
He will have that status if we keep winning and make it into a P5 conference. He saved us a bunch of games next season still trying figure out how to get the offense going. Now, we have it going. On all cylinders. His halftme speech against Temple might as well be put up in Burton.

Who the duckk voted for Jeff Quinn???

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
His halftme speech against Temple might as well be put up in Burton.

For all we know his halftime speech was:

"Hey Shane (Day), you want to give the playcalling a shot? What I've been calling sure as hell hasn't worked!"

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I can't vote. 'None of the above' is not an option.

If I had to pick somebody from this list, it would be Lembo.

Reaction Score
Wondering why you follow UCONN football then? UCONN had solid running game before though the entire time FHCRE was here and that changed with FHCPP. You can point to whatever you like, but that is a fact. FHCPP believed in one back carrying the load while most top programs have at least two backs carrying the load.
Who the duck cares about how solid of a running game UConn had while Edsall was here. What did it net anyone? A Rose Bowl win? A seat in the B1G? An undefeated season? Get real guys. Edsall couldn't get UConn into the top 25 consistently and neither could Pasqualoni. Time to find the guy that can because just like TCU, A&M, Mizzou and Louisville, that's how you get an invite to the power 5 conferences. That and not suing your potential partners. I've been a UConn fan since the early 70's when the only score for any UConn game you could find was buried in the "east" results in the back of the sports page. I played basketball in school and both B-Ball and football in the Army and could only dream of the day that my state school would be nationally recognized. Calhoun made that dream come true and now I wait for someone to do it in football. But unlike some of you I'm a realist and... a real college football fan. Over the years I've seen tremendous college football games and teams but NONE of them wore a UConn jersey, not when it really counted on a national scale. So quit looking back at what Edsall didn't do or P for that matter. UConn football glory days haven't even happened yet.

And.... keep in mind that your U. S. Senator did more to keep UConn out of the ACC than Pasqualoni ever could have. So if you want to start the blame game maybe you ought to start there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ND fan here. I'm just curious, conversation on a couple of ND boards say Diaco to UConn is pretty likely. Narduzzi seems to be the top choice here, just wondering if Diaco is getting any serious attention, or if it's just ND paranoia.

Evidently those ND fans are pretty smart. Congratulations, you got a good one.

Reaction Score
Smarter than whomever set up this survey! LOL

:oops:

I tried to list all of the "most heard" options we'd been talking about but there's definitely a limit to poll options. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom