POLL: What kind of UCONN Women's Basketball fan are you? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POLL: What kind of UCONN Women's Basketball fan are you?

What kind of UCONN Women's Basketball fan are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Barring (God forbid!) devastating injury, I think NC #11 is already in the bag. I am already salivating over the prospect of 2016-17, when Geno will have molded his talented younger players into a new kind of team, one that will, in my opinion, defy any predictions of a looming train wreck. Not predicting any immediate championships, but, just wait, they will be considerably more formidable than most seem to anticipate.
Talk like this makes me nervous.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Barring (God forbid!) devastating injury, I think NC #11 is already in the bag. I am already salivating over the prospect of 2016-17, when Geno will have molded his talented younger players into a new kind of team, one that will, in my opinion, defy any predictions of a looming train wreck. Not predicting any immediate championships, but, just wait, they will be considerably more formidable than most seem to anticipate.

You're messing with the MOJO. Dangerous.

Reaction Score
I'm enjoying this season as much as anyone, but even Geno has acknowledged there are some losses coming our way next season barring some off-season miracle.
Not sure he conceded loses, but rather that suddenly some (cowardly...are you listening Kim???) schools are delighted to play UConn. If and when Geno concedes some loses, then I'll be betting heavily on an(other) undefeated season. The man could sell snake oil to a snake.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Not sure he conceded loses, but rather that suddenly some (cowardly...are you listening Kim???) schools are delighted to play UConn. If and when Geno concedes some loses, then I'll be betting heavily on an(other) undefeated season. The man could sell snake oil to a snake.

If I were king, I wouldn't have ever agreed to play Baylor unless they'd played UConn this year. How Baylor can be ranked as high as they are given that they've played only 9 road games all year and none, zero, zip, nada OOC road games is a sham. The NCAA should be much less tolerant in ranking/tournament seeding for teams that aren't willing to play some minimum number of games on the road.

Reaction Score
As a WBB fan I choose door #3. Next year will be tough. But watching Geno coach that prospective team, a team that isn't nearly as talented as this one, will be a treat.

I want to change my vote to "door #3"

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
If I were king, I wouldn't have ever agreed to play Baylor unless they'd played UConn this year. How Baylor can be ranked as high as they are given that they've played only 9 road games all year and none, zero, zip, nada OOC road games is a sham. The NCAA should be much less tolerant in ranking/tournament seeding for teams that aren't willing to play some minimum number of games on the road.
I did not realize that... that's either terrible or extremely strategic on Mulkey's part.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You cant replace Stewie Mojeff and Tuck. The chemistry is unbelievable and their ability to cover up mistakes with their anticipation goes unnoticed. Next years team will be a different team. Plays will be run differently. This season we are unbeatable if we stay healthy. We can beat every team almost every game by 20+ pts if we put our foot to the metal. Next season we have the talent. We will lack some upper classman experience. You can see already Geno is preparing our non graduating players for this years post season and next years season. In practice they practice together and work out together. They are building their own identity and their own chemistry.

Next season we have Katie Lou the number 1 player out of HS. Butler the BE FOY at 6'5. Collier a top 10 out of HS. Chong and Nurse both experienced at the guard positions and they don't make many turnovers. Gabby who is getting better game by game and Dangerfield a top 3 in this years HS rankings who I think will light it up off the bench next season and if Tuck comes back we are in good shape.

So lets look at it. Two experienced guards who know how to run the plays and not make turnovers. Butler 6'5, Katie Lou 6'3 Tuck 6'3 Gabby 5'11 Collier 6'1 and a rebounding machine. So we have rebounding scorers and non turnover guards. Don't let me forget how quick we are too.

Now on defense. If you think Geno wont have them ready well then I have to argue with you. Geno will have them ready on defense. Already Kia, Katie Lou, Gabby, Tuck, are seasoned defenders. That leaves one postion and our non starters to pick it up on defense. Im not saying we are bullet proof. We will have some hiccups as we don't have the dominate players we are losing this year to graduation. We will be really tuff next season as will some other teams.

Remember most of the top teams lose top players. Some teams bring in transfers. So here we go based on what I know

Graduating

ND Huffaman Mabrey 1 and Cable
SC Sessions Roy Imovbioh Mitchell Dozier
MD Moseley Howard Pavlech Pfirman
Ohio St Craft Alston Transfers coming in Mavunga Sierra Calhoun
Baylor Fugua Higgins Niya Johnson
Tenn Chatty Payne
So Florida Stringfield Courtney Williams
Texas Davenport Rodrigo Sanders

So as I look at this list I see ND still a strong team as is Baylor and Ohio St. IMO they could be top 4. UConn preseason imo is number 1. No we don't have a Stewie or Mojeff coming back and you cant replace them but we have a nucleus that has played together and can execute.

We will go through some growing pains but we still have the best coaching staff in WCBB that believes in defense first and that is what has carried this team through this amazing 100+ games and will continue to carry them. We are UConn and we are the most feared team in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Next year is going to be GREAT!
Different than this year, but hugely competitive. Ups, Downs, Moments of extreme emotion. No foregone conclusion. Great coaching battles. Players maturing and exceeding expectations............... Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom