(Poll) Starting PG

Who should start at PG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Think you have to start both in the short term until Akok is back.
Cole, Gaff, Bouk, Rese, Whaley

Reaction Score
Think you have to start both in the short term until Akok is back.
Cole, Gaff, Bouk, Rese, Whaley

Cole, Bouk, Martin, Polley, Whaley.

Then bring in the energy line with Adams, Jackson, and Sanogo (leave in Bouk). Gaffney stabilizing force for Adams/Jackson and those more aggressive playmakers complement him compared to Martin/Polley.

In matchups where you need a 2nd big, keep Adams on the shelf and use Carlton.

Reaction Score
guard play. form what i’ve seen, cole is looking for his shot & not to get others involved. you need gaffney out there. yeah 6 assists but, he’s a scorer., he’s talking over vitals role. if you’re gonna beat the top 20, you need both

Reaction Score
RC hasnt played in 2 years and has a lot of rust. You can see hes doing a lot of thinking out there instead of reacting. I start Gaffney till RC gets back to form then i move Gaffney to back up. Im not in favor of both of them on the court together.

Reaction Score
No way both. Right now 2 games its a coin flip. Cole a better shooter, Gaff less turnovers but not dynamic. Neither can play defense well enough partially because of being slow afoot. Can Diggins graduate in December?

Kidding. Want them both to be good but for now the jury is out, not sure if either are good enough to make our team really really good especially since both are very weak on the defensive end. But it’s early!

Reaction Score
I answered both but if I had to choose 1 it's an easy choice. RJ is our second best player

Second best player? Gaff is better than RJ. Polley is better than RJ. Whaley is better than RJ. Akok is better than RJ. He's in a battle for 6th with Martin, AJacks, and Sanogo right now.

Cole can be a solid rotation player, but the hype you and many are giving him doesn't match reality as of yet.

Put some respect on Gaff's name.

#BigEastGaff
#FeedPolley

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
RJ is our second best player
If you mean "best" as "most valuable to the team," then I'd put him, subject to further review, after Bouk, Gaff, Whaley, and Polley, for sure, and maybe Martin.
If you mean "best" as in "most talented, will have the best college career" then I'd put him after Bouk, Gaff, Whaley, Sanogo, AJacks, Akok, and Martin, for sure, and maybe Polley.

Gentlemen, some of us are going to be very wrong about this young man.

I very much want that to be the group I'm in!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cole is a nice change of pace microwave guy at this level. Not your our starting PG. Our lines at full strength

Gaffney-Cole-Adams
Bouknight-Adams
Martin-Polley-Adams
Akok-Polley-Brown-Springs
Whaley-Sanogo-Carlton-Brown-Springs

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've been screaming Gaffney for as long as I can remember. Cole should have to earn it, and from what I've seen, he hasn't.

Practice is where you earn it, and you haven't seen practice. So...nope. He had a whole year with the team last year.

I'd start Cole for now, but I think Dan needs a much quicker hook overall. He needs to preach defense and mean it. That means if a guy isn't giving everything on that end, yank him. Whether that is 2 minutes in, 5 minutes in, 10 minutes in, I don't care. We have depth enough to make sure that nobody is saving energy on the defensive end. I have not seen that kind of effort so far. I want guys to need a break after playing 5+ minutes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like both Gaffney and Cole, but Bouk is the 2 and we have to get bigger lineups on the court. I would be playing Gaff and Adams less than 30 mpg combined if I was Hurley. This is how I would manage the backcourt:

Bouk: 30-35 mpg (on the lower end of the range when a game gets out of hand)
Cole: 30 mpg
Gaff: 10-15 mpg
Adams: 10-15 mpg

90 minutes a game between these 4 players, which would mean only 10 minutes of 3 guard.

Cole's minutes target would be soft, and Gaff and Adams have the opportunity to get minutes there if there is a bad matchup for Cole or one of them is having a good night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak