Poll: Register with your Brimah Party | The Boneyard

Poll: Register with your Brimah Party

This year Amida will

• Be the Best Shot Blocker in College Basketball

• Making the same mistakes, getting in foul trouble, not playing enough minutes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Where's "promote the most back-and-forth arguing between supporters and detractors of any player on roster"? I wanted the safe option, dammit.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm penciling in an April appointment to punch you in the throat when you post your follow-up thread.
Looking forward to it. Looks like a failed experiment anyway. Nobody wants to cross the line.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Well, last year Brimah was #2 in the country in shot blocks, and still made mistakes and got in foul trouble. It's not really either/or...
Ah hell, lol.

Reaction Score
Not answering this poll, because its awful. Are you 12 or is this the first time you've conceptualized a poll?

It's like, "where do you think you'll be in 5 years?
a. Living in a gutter as a meth addict
b. President of the USA"

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Not answering this poll, because its awful. Are you 12 or is this the first time you've conceptualized a poll?

It's like, "where do you think you'll be in 5 years?
a. Living in a gutter as a meth addict
b. President of the USA"
So Ray is saying the answers are too close together and you are saying they are too far apart. Brimah even causes Poll debate.

Reaction Score
I think you need something to cut through the middle of the 2. He could very well be the best shot blocker in college and still be making the same mistakes, etc etc..

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think you need something to cut through the middle of the 2. He could very well be the best shot blocker in college and still be making the same mistakes, etc etc..
Yeah pretty much just add an option for both and it wouldn't suck. But then we'd just have 90% of people picking both.

A poll about his offensive abilities would make more sense. Do you think he'll be making the occasional jumpshot and/or creating his own shots in the post? Or do you think most of his points will again come on alley oops and otherwise wide open dunks.

Reaction Score
Well, last year Brimah was #2 in the country in shot blocks, and still made mistakes and got in foul trouble. It's not really either/or...

You beat me to it. Can't the answer be "both"?

I think Brimah will continue to be an elite shot-blocker. But he will also frustrate us as he struggles with defensive positioning, gives us less than we'd like on the glass, and demonstrates a rudimentary offensive game.

I'm actually less concerned about foul trouble than I am about him not being able to rebound when he is on the court.

Reaction Score
You beat me to it. Can't the answer be "both"?

I think Brimah will continue to be an elite shot-blocker. But he will also frustrate us as he struggles with defensive positioning, gives us less than we'd like on the glass, and demonstrates a rudimentary offensive game.

I'm actually less concerned about foul trouble than I am about him not being able to rebound when he is on the court.

I'm less concerned about his rebounding given we have two guys (Hamilton and Miller) who are elite rebounders for their position playing alongside him.

Also, sort of unrelated, but, I expect Facey to play a lot of five this season. Being able to trot out a front court of Hamilton, Miller, and Facey is a huge luxury - they figure to pound people on the glass.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm less concerned about his rebounding given we have two guys (Hamilton and Miller) who are elite rebounders for their position playing alongside him.

Also, sort of unrelated, but, I expect Facey to play a lot of five this season. Being able to trot out a front court of Hamilton, Miller, and Facey is a huge luxury - they figure to pound people on the glass.
I would expect Brimah, Miller, Nolan and perhaps Enoch as the 4th option to get most of the playing time at the 5. Brimah, Miller and even Nolan are better defenders than Facey. That's not to say his defense could have improved since last year, it's just that his play style is more like a true 4.

However, I'm salivating at the prospect of a small-ball lineup of
PG Gibbs
SG Adams
SF Purvis
PF Hamilton
C Miller

Reaction Score
I would expect Brimah, Miller, Nolan and perhaps Enoch as the 4th option to get most of the playing time at the 5. Brimah, Miller and even Nolan are better defenders than Facey. That's not to say his defense could have improved since last year, it's just that his play style is more like a true 4.

PG Gibbs
SG Adams
SF Purvis
PF Hamilton
C Miller

55608483.jpg

Reaction Score

PG Gibbs
SG Adams
SF Purvis
PF Hamilton
C Miller

It's tough to say who would play the four and who would play the five in a Miller/Facey alignment, but I suppose you could be right.

Regardless, the decision to play Facey over Nolan or Brimah would certainly be decision to concede some defense in hopes of gaining an edge on the boards.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
2nd in BPG and 3rd in FG% nationally and we still can't figure out if we think the poor kid is good or not?

Most of those FGs were dunks and alley-oops, which count in games but not for the purposes of the Supreme Boneyard Statistical Database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom