Poll: Register with your Brimah Party | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Register with your Brimah Party

This year Amida will

• Be the Best Shot Blocker in College Basketball

• Making the same mistakes, getting in foul trouble, not playing enough minutes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think AB will continue to be an elite shot blocker while continuing to make progress on offense, defensive coverage and rebounding.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Since scoring on dunks and alley-oops is so easy, I don't know why everyone doesn't do it all the time.

Haha, another good one. The goal is to put the ball in the basket, no?

Brings to mind people saying Tom Brady is only successful because he dinks and dunks the ball down the field. Why the hell doesn't everyone do that then??

Reaction Score
Isn't that the truth. Reason #1 why a large percentage of the board didn't think much of Taliek.

I've read Moneyball like a thousand times, and they mentioned that one of the reasons Branch Rickey was so good is because he focused on what guys could do, rather than what they can't do. Brimah does a lot of things well, and grades out statistically as a very good player on offense and defense, but if you only look at his rebounding, he seems terrible. So what's the one thing everyone cares about? His rebounding.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I've read Moneyball like a thousand times, and they mentioned that one of the reasons Branch Rickey was so good is because he focused on what guys could do, rather than what they can't do. Brimah does a lot of things well, and grades out statistically as a very good player on offense and defense, but if you only look at his rebounding, he seems terrible. So what's the one thing everyone cares about? His rebounding.
Around here, you're only as good as the thing you're the worst at.
Seems every year certain players get the most scrutiny and least forgiveness for their faults. This team happens to be blessed with two players receiving this treatment.

Reaction Score
I think its the fact that glaring weaknesses make for easy targets. I really like Purvis, but he did step out of bounds at a Selviesque rate and had a very low assist to turnover ratio. Same type of thing with Brimah and rebounding. I like them both very much and know that they are both important pieces on what could be a really good team.

Reaction Score
The biggest rebound in the history of the program = 4th National Championship....Without the rebound and1 we have a 90% chance of going home. I think whether we agree or not this will be AB's final year at UConn. Let's celebrate the great kid that he is and hope he plays himself into a guaranteed contract for the 2016 draft. Despite some of his shortcomings that most likely will improve we need him to perform at a level that he can leave. I think he will do enough.

Reaction Score
Biggest rebound in the history of the program?? 5:32 mark

If he improves on the same trajectory this year as he did after his freshman year, Brimah is going to be 2nd team all-american, 1st team all conference, AAC defensive POY, and a first round draft pick.

Even if he doesn't, he'll still be one of the best shot blockers in the country, and average around 10 points (Miller will take some of his post points) 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks. We shouldn't need any more than that with the talent around him.

Reaction Score
Most of those FGs were dunks and alley-oops, which count in games but not for the purposes of the Supreme Boneyard Statistical Database.
Since scoring on dunks and alley-oops is so easy, I don't know why everyone doesn't do it all the time.
Think the real reason they don't count is because those blocks and dunks were from Connecticut.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wish there was an intermediate option here. I think he'll be much better, but I'm not sure if he'll be the #1 shot blocker in the NCAA.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wish there was an intermediate option here. I think he'll be much better, but I'm not sure if he'll be the #1 shot blocker in the NCAA.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

That's why I'm glad nobody here can see the terrible job I did re-painting my son's bedroom this week. A professional shall likely be called in to undo my masterwork.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

That's why I'm glad nobody here can see the terrible job I did re-painting my son's bedroom this week. A professional shall likely be called in to undo my masterwork.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
9ppg isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. His subpar defense against good big men last year really hurt us. The only elite skill he has is shot blocking, and he usually doesn't block his own guy, from what I remember.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
9ppg isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. His subpar defense against good big men last year really hurt us. The only elite skill he has is shot blocking, and he usually doesn't block his own guy, from what I remember.

Look at the team that surrounds him. Brimah is not (and never will be) our number-one option. We do not need him to light the world on fire, we just need him to continue converting his field goals at a high rate and shot-blocking like a maven. Which, despite what you may read here, is a skill that is pretty good for a starting center to have. As far as his rebounding goes, it's fair that we could've used more from him more consistently last year. But the arbitrary throwing-out of acceptable per game numbers I see here screams either a) "I don't care what the specific circumstance is, I want my starting center to have x rebounds per game no matter what!" or b) "I'm going to judge Brimah based on how good he looks as a draft prospect, not how he contributes to the team!". If he's up to where people here want him with rebounding, coupled with the high FG% and continued shot-blocking, he would literally be one of the most complete centers in the college game. Which would be phenomenal, but it's nothing to get one's undies in a knot about if he isn't quite at that level.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@tcf15 debunked this with facts a few days ago. Brimah did play well against some quality bigs last year. He was inconsistent though, as underclassmen tend to be.

Reaction Score

He makes a huge impact for us offensively even when he's not scoring. Just by rolling through the lane he occupies the weak side defender - even if he's not the most polished player, his catch radius alone is a huge asset. There is a reason the offense cratered last year when he sat.

Reaction Score
Biggest rebound in the history of the program?? 5:32 mark

If he improves on the same trajectory this year as he did after his freshman year, Brimah is going to be 2nd team all-american, 1st team all conference, AAC defensive POY, and a first round draft pick.

Even if he doesn't, he'll still be one of the best shot blockers in the country, and average around 10 points (Miller will take some of his post points) 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks. We shouldn't need any more than that with the talent around him.

I love watching this and seeing K cry to the refs on every play the last minute what a . Also thank God for Josh Brown huh?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom