Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who will win this Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It should be a blowout, but I'm saying ND more than 10, just 'cuz there are so many Vol fans standing at the edge of a cliff or contemplating the tailpipe of a running car.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Looking forward to this one. Tennessee can begin the turnaround with a win here. I'm not counting out that Lady Vols yet...

Reaction Score
Looking forward to this one. Tennessee can begin the turnaround with a win here. I'm not counting out that Lady Vols yet...
I agree. I'd love to see Tenn upset the Fighting Floppers at home, but I'd rather that happen in the tournament.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You never know with the LVs which team will show up however you do know that with all the pressure ND will put on them there is a very good chance they will fold easily. With the next 3 games against very tuff competition imo this is a make or break time for NDs outside shooting and cohesiveness will shine tonight. I don't think there is anyway Tenn can come within double digits and I expect Muffet to clear the bench early. Tenn could embarrass themselves tonite.

Tenn can lose to anybody at anytime anywhere.

Reaction Score
Who will win this Game
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It is nice to have a good laugh in the morning with my breakfast. How on Earth is TENN going to beat N.D. when they can only score 66 points a game? Only 58 against ranked opponents. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's right... they will hold N.D. to 53 points. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In three games vs Top 25 RPI teams this season UT has scored 55, 53, 53 points.
In three games vs 26-50 RPI teams this season UT has scored 57, 66, 71, 63 points.
Notre Dame has played 5 games v Top 25 RPI teams and has scored 81, 75, 92, 62, 95.
Notre Dame has not played a 26-50 ranked RPI team this season.

Sounds like a good chance for a 20 point ND win.

Reaction Score
UT hasn't scored much against top teams, but ND will probably force a more uptempo game that'll give UT more opportunities to score...but ND is too good a shooting team and wins easily 79-61.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This could be ugly quickly!
Holly will have that look of confusion on her face 2 minutes into the game, turn to her assts. and ask "we're playing ND, I thought we were playing DePaul tonight?"

As if it would make a difference...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's the thing - Tennessee knows their backs are against the wall. They have 5 losses - 1 of them is really awful and 2 are just bad. Coming off their loss to Arkansas, which might be one of the worst regular season losses in their history, I expect them to come out and play exceptionally hard for at least 2-3 quarters of the game. I still expect a ND win, but I think it will be closer for much of the game, IF Tennessee comes out and plays with a huge sense of urgency. Similar to the Oregon State game in the 1st half...

If they just "show up", then yeah, ND by 30...

Like Myers, I'm hoping for a ND blow out. Not just in the score, but every quarter. I'd like to see ND win each quarter by at least 8 - show that Tennessee is not even close to being near the top, never mind in the top 25. Maybe start them reeling and end the season with 12-13 losses...

Reaction Score
I'm thinking this is a make-or-break game for TN. If they get embarrassed tonight, are out of the game after 5 minutes and lose by 30, Warlick will lose total control of the team. In that case, TN loses 15 games this year and Warlick gets canned. If Warlick can gather the team and put up a good fight, she may be able to save the season, and herself.

I can't see TN throwing in the towel...yet. I'm thinking ND by 20. TN will make a run, but in the end they are just not in a position to compete at this level.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
ND has been a little inconsistent lately, so it could be closer than expected, but I would expect them to be laser focused for UT. ND 81-60.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This could be ugly quickly!
Holly will have that look of confusion on her face 2 minutes into the game, turn to her assts. and ask "we're playing ND, I thought we were playing DePaul tonight?"
That's cruel man, real cruel. I hope she is not that bad.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Tennessee losing is so much more enjoyable than a ND loss (except when ND plays UConn). A ND loss is a warm fuzzy feeling. UTenn loses and I get the giggles.

Factoid - UTenn has not beaten a top 5 team on the road since 2007.
You know... I'm gonna admit... Up until this year I never really cared that much about TN. Maybe it is because I'm too young to have been really invested in the rivalry at the time that it was still burning hot. I was like 8 years old at the time that anything between the two teams really mattered. However, this year I have found myself almost feeling joy when they lose. Maybe that says I am a bad person..... but I can at least admit it if that's the case. I prefer to see TN lose over ND. Don't particularly like Muffet (still holding a grudge for her not clapping for Stewie) but she gets the job done and her style of play pleasing to eye. Even when TN loses tonight they can always say "We play in the toughest conference in America. This was just a lesson to come prepared every night." Then it will happen all over again the next time they play anyone worth a darn. The crazy part is.... they could tank everything between now and 2/15 and if they beat SCar on that day and get to the SEC Championship game they still will end up with a seed higher than they deserve.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's best option would be summed up by Holly's statement about 9 o'clock tonight: "Sorry we couldn't make it, the bus done taken the wrong turn".:)

Reaction Score
I want Notre Dame to absolutely eviserate Tinnowsee but if a victory by the voles would ensure that Holly gets a 10 year extension then i will hold my nose and concede my schadenfreudish real wish.Then i will hope they face Ball State in the NIT.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I want Notre Dame to absolutely eviserate Tinnowsee but if a victory by the voles would ensure that Holly gets a 10 year extension then i will hold my nose and concede my schadenfreudish real wish.Then i will hope they face Ball State in the NIT.
I see your point. Maybe TN loses just enough but not too much, so Holly can keep her job....indefinitely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom