Polish players | The Boneyard

Polish players

Reaction Score
Just watched an interview with Colorado sophomore Zuzanna Kulinska from Poland who was unable to return to Poland for three weeks and stayed in Boulder. Like Anna, she was supposed to participate in the Polish national team workouts and said she was looking forward in a week’s time to begin practicing in CU fieldhouse. Presumably if CU holds on campus classes, she can stay in U.S. Anna faces far more problems considering travel ban. From a basketball stand, Anna may have made a mistake going home. But it is probably moot since it is highly unlikely there will be any college sports in 2020.

Reaction Score
.....such a sad thought. Hoping that miracles do occur, we will be over the hump and actually have a season. Hoping that all the kids stay well and Anna gets back with us. She is my favorite and I have enjoyed watching her bloom as a player and person.

Reaction Score
.....such a sad thought. Hoping that miracles do occur, we will be over the hump and actually have a season. Hoping that all the kids stay well and Anna gets back with us. She is my favorite and I have enjoyed watching her bloom as a player and person.

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing Anna and team win NC in the June Jamboree.

Reaction Score
I have a close friend whose Visa expires in August. He won’t even be able to get an appointment to renew it until December because the US Embassy in Madrid is closed. If any foreign students get to play this year, it will be a surprise.

Reaction Score
I never understood that saying.
It is simply the indisputable statement that, absent the ability to directly affect a given situation, things will turn out as they will, and therefore, there is nothing to be done except to wait patiently to see what happens! That of course, is easier said than done! I (and presumably everyone here) am going to be devastated if our team is unable to play this year! I guess all we can do is pray and hope that somehow they are able to find a safe way to play!

Reaction Score
I am 78 years old and have been through many virus and medical problems attacking the United States and the world. Just be patient and we will survive sooner than later.
I am also 78 years old and I have never seen a virus or medical problems like the Coronavirus. I know this will eventually end but I worry many of us will affected by this illness before it is over. Stay home as much as possible and WEAR A MASK if you go out!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are now at least 3 lawsuits in federal court challenging the legality of ICE's new rules and seeking a preliminary injunction/restraining order that will prohibit ICE from enforcing the rules pending the outcome of the legal challenges. The first ruling could come as early as Tuesday in federal court in Boston in the case initiated by Harvard and MIT. Comments made by the judge in that case on Friday suggested that she was leaning towards granting the restraining order.

Johns Hopkins has also filed a lawsuit in federal court in Maryland and the state of California has sued ICE in federal court in California. Other universities (e.g., Rice and Rutgers) have intervened in support of the Harvard/MIT suit. I'm sure other colleges and universities have taken similar steps and I suspect organizations representing foreign students in the US will also seek to intervene in support of the legal challenges.
Some info on Rice University President David Leebron

He earned a Bachelors, summa cum laude, in History and Science from Harvard College in 1976, and his JD, magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 1979, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review, notably working with the future Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts. He later was the Dean of Columbia Law School, before assuming the Presidency at Rice.

Reaction Score
There are now at least 3 lawsuits in federal court challenging the legality of ICE's new rules and seeking a preliminary injunction/restraining order that will prohibit ICE from enforcing the rules pending the outcome of the legal challenges. The first ruling could come as early as Tuesday in federal court in Boston in the case initiated by Harvard and MIT. Comments made by the judge in that case on Friday suggested that she was leaning towards granting the restraining order.

Johns Hopkins has also filed a lawsuit in federal court in Maryland and the state of California has sued ICE in federal court in California. Other universities (e.g., Rice and Rutgers) have intervened in support of the Harvard/MIT suit. I'm sure other colleges and universities have taken similar steps and I suspect organizations representing foreign students in the US will also seek to intervene in support of the legal challenges.
That doesn’t solve the problem is foreign students unable to get Visas because of staffing at foreign Embassies worldwide.

Reaction Score
Polish players are easy to find.
polish.jpg

Reaction Score

Up to 17 states now suing.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
What is the suit asking for ? I am against just letting all 600,000 foreign students in to the USA at this time.
They should all be quarantined prior to arrival.

From what I’ve gathered, the suit is less about student athletes who are abroad and want to come back (like those that we want back), but rather kicking students out of the country who have never left because their universities aren’t offering in-person courses.

Reaction Score
From what I’ve gathered, the suit is less about student athletes who are abroad and want to come back (like those that we want back), but rather kicking students out of the country who have never left because their universities aren’t offering in-person courses.

I think it has a lot to do with how student visas are worded. I believe the exact term in the visas is "attend". If all of the classes are online, then there is no need for the person to be in the country.

Logically it makes sense. Logistically it is difficult to execute at this time.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think it has a lot to do with how student visas are worded. I believe the exact term in the visas is "attend". If all of the classes are online, then there is no need for the person to be in the country.

Logically it makes sense. Logistically it is difficult to execute at this time.

The wording is definitely the issue and I’d guess it hasn’t been updated since online learning became a thing, much less in response to the pandemic.

But I guess what I meant is that the students at the heart of the suit are the ones who stayed in the US and are now being told they have to go home, which (and this part isn’t the government’s fault) can be an insanely expensive demand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom