Point Spread ?? | The Boneyard

Point Spread ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is the Uconn vs Syracuse point spread and where do you find that information????

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
What is the Uconn vs Syracuse point spread and where do you find that information????
Live Lines, Live Odds, NFL lines, College Football lines, NBA lines, College basketball lines, MLB lines, Basesball Lines provided by

Reaction Score
I would like at least 30, don't understand Stewie last night, those first 2 fouls were very uncharacteristic of her. Going to need her to plug the middle because our guards are going to have to pressure the 3.

Reaction Score
I find it rather amusing that Syracuse didn't want us to embarrass them at home (Stewie's homecoming), so instead we get to do it in a more public setting...Karma at its finest!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey why should I change now. UConn will be up 30 and could win by a lot more. The Cuse is playing great especially on defense. One thing this NCAA tourney and FF have shown me is many teams don't know how to play defense. Cuse does but facing UConn is a different story. This game will be over early as Cuse is going to have to make a lot of adjustments that they don't have. UConn is to big and to quick and with Geno at the helm well UConn will break that press like a rock breaking a thin window.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed about Syracuse is that they played 9 players vs. Washington. But one starter (Slim) played only 7 minutes. UCONN really only played 8 players (oddly Butler had almost 10 minutes). But take out Samuelson and possibly Butler and you have 6 players. Geno will need to either rely on Chong and Butler to get some scratch, or our kids will play close to 40 minutes.

We are the fittest team in the nation. I don't think Syracuse has the players to play "40 minutes of dread" on defense and press the entire time. I'm sure they will cause some disruptions and turnovers, but breaking a press gives UCONN opportunities on offense with the defense being out of position. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Losing KLS is a big blow because Syracuse likes to play zone. We will see what UCONN brings out against them...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno will need to either rely on Chong and Butler to get some scratch, or our kids will play close to 40 minutes.

Think we'll see the latter. No reason for the seniors to sit in their last game anyway. Just more time for Gabby without KLS. And besides the zone D issue, KLS is the second best ball-handler on the team and will be missed against the press.

Reaction Score
Geno will play who he is comfortable playing. If he feels he needs to steal some minutes here and there he will. I think it will be closer than 24 but I hope not.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The game will dictate who will play when.

Reaction Score
KLS is the second best ball-handler on the team and will be missed against the press.

I can only assume you would put MoJeff as #1, meaning you have KLS as a better ball handler than...

Kia Nurse ? Disagree completely
Stewie ? Disagree
Saniya Chong ? Disagree

Beyond those three that don't even seem debatable, I wouldn't put it beyond doubt that Gabby Williams - who was a guard in HS - is at least as good. And by that logic, despite not playing much, I wouldn't put Ekmark out of the question, either.

Bottom line is KLS is a fine ball handler, but to say her loss is hard on the team from a ball handling standpoint, I would disagree strenuously.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I can only assume you would put MoJeff as #1, meaning you have KLS as a better ball handler than...

Kia Nurse ? Disagree completely
Stewie ? Disagree
Saniya Chong ? Disagree

Yes indeed to all of those. Both Chong and Nurse are often flustered with pressure. Stewart has never had to handle the ball like a guard so it's hard to compare directly but there's no evidence she can handle like Samuelson. Lou's height also makes a big difference against a trapping team which is what we are talking about here. The trap mostly comes in the backcourt---that's where you need calm ball-handlers and quality passers to beat it.

I'd point you to the DePaul game where KLS was put in for the 4th quarter to help break the press, and she was a key factor in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom