Point guard | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Point guard

Reaction Score
It really is absurdly bad. No one can score at the rim except for BA & JB, no one is good in the midrange, and no one can shoot from 3. It is a real testament to how good they are defensively that they are keeping every game close and/or should be winning them.
Yup, we’ve official gotten to the point where there’s almost nothing positive you could highlight statistically.

Reaction Score
I think some skepticism is fair, we don’t really truly know how we will perform until he gets out there. Transfer players from low level colleges often don’t work out. But What has me encouraged and remaining confident he will be better than what we currently have at the position with our older guard is a few things...

He might be short, but in 11 games against good comp, he averaged 8 free throws a game. He gets to the line and knocks them down, that’s huge. So maybe he can’t finish at an elite level, but getting to the line that often is a good sign. He averaged 20 PPG against those teams.

Secondly, he had over a 2/1 assist to turnover ratio in those 11 games against real comp. We aren’t getting that right now. I’m not expecting him to come in and get 20 and 6 per game. But I’m hard pressed to believe he can’t perform at least slightly better than what we’ve seen thus far from our guards. A moderate increase in production from what we have now would help a lot.
That’s fair and I hope you are right. But again the level of competition is NJIT NOT Seton Hall. And stats from those games can be pretty deceiving. Georgetown for example won by 35-40 points. I’m guessing they weren’t exactly playing intense D for the last 10 minutes, maybe longer.

Reaction Score
I hope that is true but I remain skeptical for 3 reasons.
1 he drew no interest from even mid level A 10 ish programs.

2 he put up good numbers against really weak competition. The HIGHEST rated MEAC program was over 250. Exactly 2 were rated under 300. Not exactly the best of the best in terms of competition.

3 he isn’t very big. 6-1 185. He is going to have the same issues the current guy has.

A 4th is that I take reports of practice domination with a grain of salt. I can’t remember a guy sitting out who wasn’t at least all conference in practice.

So give me one report that Springs is at least all conference in practice. One. Or stop making crap up.

If you don't want to believe reports, which I get, believe that Hurley has seen him in practice and has made no effort to recruit another point guard. If you don't believe your coach's determination, I don't know what to say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom