Poffenbarger to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Me likey 6' 2" guards/? ... saylor-poffenbarger

"USA Trials-May 2019: Versatile guard brings size to the back court and a deep 3-point range offensive attack; rebounds and attacks in transition; reads the defense, utilizes screens effectively and delivers from beyond the arc; manufactures shots, rises on jumper in mid-range game; superior size, attacks off the dribble and scores in traffic; a stock-riser in the class of 2021. (Olson) "

Reaction Score

"USA Trials-May 2019: Versatile guard brings size to the back court and a deep 3-point range offensive attack; rebounds and attacks in transition; reads the defense, utilizes screens effectively and delivers from beyond the arc; manufactures shots, rises on jumper in mid-range game; superior size, attacks off the dribble and scores in traffic; a stock-riser in the class of 2021. (Olson) "

did he say deep three point range?

Embedded video

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Me likey too. Likely very very much. It's also been great to watch her go from no ones list to everyone's radar. Now, can I get an A(men)zzi Fudd?!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
What, no drama? No last-month/week decisions in 2020? Geesh.
Congrats. From what I saw this summer, I was struck by the steadiness in her approach, not to mention the very long range on the jumper. Congrats to the Huskies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maryland a new hotbed of UConn recruiting? Or is it Maya Moore as fav that draws them.

High School Notes
  • Has played two varsity seasons at Middletown High School in Maryland.
  • Has compiled career totals of 1,109 points, 597 rebounds, 207 assists, 137 steals and 149 blocked shots.
  • Lists career highs of 37 points vs. Thomas Johnson H.S.; 20 rebounds vs. Walkersville H.S.; seven assists four times; six steals five times; and 10 blocks vs. Brunswick H.S.
  • As a sophomore in 2018-19, started in all 28 games and averaged 21.0 ppg., 12.0 rpg., 3.2 apg., 2.4 spg. and 3.5 bpg. to help her team to a 25-3 record and the state title game.
  • As a freshman in 2017-18, started in all 25 games and averaged 21.0 ppg., 10.0 rpg., 4.0 apg., 2.6 spg. and 3.0 bpg. to help her team to a 22-3 record and the state regionals.
  • Played in the summer for Fairfax Stars U17 EYBL.
  • Played lacrosse and soccer until 2016.
The Scoop
  • First played basketball at age 5. She grew up going to her mom’s practices.
  • Enjoys working with young children and children with challenges.
  • Favorite player is Maya Moore. Moore was the first player she saw and thought, “I want to play like her.”
  • Favorite class is English, because there is more than one answer, depending on how you interpret the reading.
  • Favorite pregame meal is ramen noodles.
  • Inspired by her little brother, who died in 2010. “He plays with me!”
  • Has never traveled outside of the United States.
Saylor Poffenbarger

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Staff did the work early here. She first visited Dec 31, 2017 (with Brunelle). Other schools (ND, Tenn) tried to get involved but credit to SP for making her decision.

She does a lot of things really well and shoots better than her U16 showing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What, no drama? No last-month/week decisions in 2020? Geesh.
Congrats. From what I saw this summer, I was struck by the steadiness in her approach, not to mention the very long range on the jumper. Congrats to the Huskies.

I suspect Geno has adjusted the range of his recruiting radar somewhat and word is filtering out there that he'll fill the boat from where ever and you don't want to wait it out, 'cuz Geno's through with waiting it out.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Staff did the work early here. She first visited Dec 31, 2017 (with Brunelle). Other schools (ND, Tenn) tried to get involved but credit to SP for making her decision.

She does a lot of things really well and shoots better than her U16 showing.

Yes, I saw the U16 stats and glad to have you react to those. First time abroaditis??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom