OT: - Please settle this lol.. | The Boneyard

OT: Please settle this lol..

Reaction Score
My friend and I were watching the Phx Mercury play waiting to go play bball and he thinks he could beat Brittney Griner one on one…
He is 24 5’11” and played JV basketball his
Junior year.
He was literally betting on that he could win against her one on one to twelve.

I told him I would post this question here and not a single person would agree lol!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Excellent example of a hypothetical question. In Philosophy 101, they asked the question, "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" My response: "Get me some angels and a pin, and I will tell you!" (But they have to be dancing angels.)

Reaction Score
My friend and I were watching the Phx Mercury play waiting to go play bball and he thinks he could beat Brittney Griner one on one…
He is 24 5’11” and played JV basketball his
Junior year.
He was literally betting on that he could win against her one on one to twelve.

I told him I would post this question here and not a single person would agree lol!
Griner would win even if she spotted your friend 11!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good point. That quickness is a key.
Oh, that changes everything.

1630856004317.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Seriously, what is it with all these jackasses guys whose first impulse is either to denigrate women's basketball as a whole (e.g., calling it "not a sport" or making homophobic comments) or to fantasize about a 1-on-1 game. It's truly asinine.

For all the people speculating "if he's quick enough" — he couldn't even make varsity as a junior, and apparently he either quit or got cut as a senior. So no, this is no Russell Westbrook. Show me the videos of the dude breaking ankles at Rucker Park and maybe I"ll change my mind.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Give your friend the Bobby Riggs Bigmouth trophy, and award Ms. Griner the Billie Jean King medal.
If I remember correctly, Riggs did easily defeat the number two female at the time, Margaret Court. And there is speculation Riggs threw the King match under pressure from the bookies.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, Riggs did easily defeat the number two female at the time, Margaret Court. And there is speculation Riggs threw the King match under pressure from the bookies.
There is also speculation that humans on Earth are ruled by alien lizards. Big deal.

And so what? Riggs was also a multi-time Grand Slam tournament champion in his day; our resident blowhard had his peak in the layup line of his junior varsity games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seriously, what is it with all these jackasses guys whose first impulse is either to denigrate women's basketball as a whole (e.g., calling it "not a sport" or making homophobic comments) or to fantasize about a 1-on-1 game. It's truly asinine.

uh oh.gif

I remember the time in my younger years (mid 20s).. I played a female in a game of 1 on 1. This female had D I scholarship offers before a ACL injury.. ended up playing DII. Anyway... I think it was her idea to put something on the game..... if she won... I'd give her my favorite hat. Needless to say... I lost the game and lost my favorite hat. :oops:

Reaction Score
View attachment 69627

I remember the time in my younger years (mid 20s).. I played a female in a game of 1 on 1. This female had D I scholarship offers before a ACL injury.. ended up playing DII. Anyway... I think it was her idea to put something on the game..... if she won... I'd give her my favorite hat. Needless to say... I lost the game and lost my favorite hat. :oops:
Should have played for a dozen doughnuts think you would play harder for food

Plebe

Reaction Score
The other thing that's worth taking a moment to observe:

This type of disrespectful blather toward WBB players NEVER comes from men who are or ever were good basketball players. It is ALWAYS the blowhards who never made it past the end of the bench on their high school JV team who come out with the tough talk. SMDH

Family Guy basketball gif.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom