Please Rodney Stay!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Please Rodney Stay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Joe D said that he thinks Rodney is going to transfer a la Sterling Gibbs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Joe D said that he thinks Rodney is going to transfer a la Sterling Gibbs.
Oof. That would be a kick in the teeth. Would certainly make one question all the "bleed blue" comments about Rodney; and combined with DHam's decision make one wonder what type of chemistry issues were really going on with this team.

Reaction Score
I hope you are right.
Buddy Hield was not a high level NBA prospect in his junior year--now he can go pick #3. Same thing happened to Shabazz. Why wouldnt a kid want to stay improve and graduate? I* really believe if Deandre Daniels stayed he couldve developed into a 15-20 pick. Its dumb to give it up unless a team really promises you. The foreign leagues will be there--why devalue your self?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is this true really or did I miss a joke somewhere? Help me catch up please Waq.:eek:
Absolute fact. I wouldn't kid about that. It was during a Hamilton discussion with Amore. I can't recall if he said "I think" or " I wouldn't be surprised if Rodney transferred, three schools in four seasons a la Sterling Gibbs."

Reaction Score
I don't really see the point of declaring and then deciding to come back to college and transferring, doesn't sound logical at all on Joe D's end. If he was going to transfer he would just go ahead and do it.

Reaction Score
I don't really see the point of declaring and then deciding to come back to college and transferring, doesn't sound logical at all on Joe D's end. If he was going to transfer he would just go ahead and do it.
I don't think Joe D was indicating RP would transfer this year. "re. Sterling Gibbs" means he's transfer as a grad student, and not have to sit out a year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think Joe D was indicating RP would transfer this year. "re. Sterling Gibbs" means he's transfer as a grad student, and not have to sit out a year.

Yes and yes. Yes, he absolutely meant this year. And yes, he would have to graduate before leaving. He doesn't have a year to burn.

Reaction Score
Buddy Hield was not a high level NBA prospect in his junior year--now he can go pick #3. Same thing happened to Shabazz. Why wouldnt a kid want to stay improve and graduate? I* really believe if Deandre Daniels stayed he couldve developed into a 15-20 pick. Its dumb to give it up unless a team really promises you. The foreign leagues will be there--why devalue your self?

That is a good question scrap.

Reaction Score
Why?

I love the kid's attitude, but one of the strangest phenomenons on this board imo is the overwhelming assumption that so many of our former players (a) would make great coaches; and (b) should join our staff despite lacking coaching experience.

I don't get it.

If you don't think Rodney could be an asset recruiting wise, I don't know what to tell you. The kid seems to know everybody, and whose to say he couldn't be groomed into a helpful assistant, and for player development purposes.

This obviously isn't going to happen, not any time soon, but I don't think the thought is so crazy.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I agree with TCF. I don't think Rodney will transfer. It's UConn or agent for him. Joe D was probably just speculating.

Reaction Score
Rodney thinks the Boneyard is scary ?

image.png

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads