Please don't blame the refs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Please don't blame the refs

Reaction Score
But the refs did not cost us the game. Our terrible play cost us the game. Let's be real.

Reaction Score
No one is arguing for the point you are arguing against.

But the purpose of these kinds of topics is usually to declare that the refs can't be criticized, so that's what the discussion is about now.

Reaction Score
We came out totally sluggish, with low energy. Let's see how we do with our first adversity under Hurley. But don't blame the refs.....we're down by 16 to an inferior athletic team. They are playing a smarter, more disciplined game. Let's see how we react. It is NOT the refs fault we are getting bitch-slapped so far. It is our fault.
Failure to Box-Out under the defensive board has killed them as well as their inability to make the 3 and the many unnecessary turnovers.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything, but I think Iowa is pretty good. They’re very well coached and fundamentally sound, plus they have some big bodies.
They’re not good enough to be scoring around 90. The defense was putrid tonight.

Reaction Score
But the refs did not cost us the game. Our terrible play cost us the game. Let's be real.
They set the tone for the first 10 minutes...sometimes that is all that is needed. No reason why Uconn should lose, especially this badly to such a painfully average team such as Iowa. They are absolutely nothing special, Uconn just responded terribly to the tone the refs set..

Iowa is totally the team that slugs their way, and does just enough to nab a 5, maybe 6 seed and goes down to an under rated 11 or 12 seed. If Iowa ends up in the 5/12 or 6/11 I am calling it right away for the 11 or 12.

Reaction Score
They set the tone for the first 10 minutes...sometimes that is all that is needed. No reason why Uconn should lose, especially this badly to such a painfully average team such as Iowa. They are absolutely nothing special, Uconn just responded terribly to the tone the refs set..
They have size, good defense, can shoot 3’s, they are not average, please

Reaction Score
They have size, good defense, can shoot 3’s, they are not average, please
They are a team that will hover just outside the top 25, maybe crack it a few times but more than likely fall around top 35, nab a 5 or 6 seed and bow out to a solid mid major 11 or 12. Or be the 7 that falls to the 10. They are so solidly in that 25-40 and 5 to 7 seed range. No better, no worse. The game should not have gone the way it did 19 times out of 20, is all I am saying. I know Uconn has a lot of growing pains but this game should not have been it and THAT growing pain, this was a 1 out of 20 type performance IMO. In a month I think Uconn beats Iowa.

Reaction Score
I've played the game. Blaming the refs is a losers lament. I hate it. Iowa has outplayed us. Give them credit. The refs are NOT the reason we are losing.
Neato for you. Since we're currently NOT playing, does the same "losers lament" still apply ? I'm about 100% sure the actual PLAYERS are not blaming the refs - although the coach seems to think there's something to that line of thinking, apparently.

I mean, really - do you really have to post in the middle of the game, "don't blame the refs" ? Doesn't that kinda indicate just how bad the refs really were ?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
They’re not good enough to be scoring around 90. The defense was putrid tonight.

Agree with that. You said “worked by a mediocre Iowa team” so that’s what I commented on.

Reaction Score

Iowa is totally the team that slugs their way, and does just enough to nab a 5, maybe 6 seed and goes down to an under rated 11 or 12 seed. If Iowa ends up in the 5/12 or 6/11 I am calling it right away for the 11 or 12.
Hell, the refs set the tone in the first two possessions, both foul calls on UConn for virtually nothing. That flagrant 1 nonsense on Yakwe was laughably stupid. I mean, honestly, you think Dan Hurley gets thrown out for the fun of it ?

Reaction Score
If the refs didn't suck why did ESPN with the Connecticut tax give aways not show more replays? The Iowa foul against Yakwe that was called a technical against UCONN was prime example of why this crew should not get paid for tonight's game.

Reaction Score
I've played the game. Blaming the refs is a losers lament. I hate it. Iowa has outplayed us. Give them credit. The refs are NOT the reason we are losing.
No one is saying that. We're saying the refs sucked and were one sided. And both are true.

And I was MVP of my league.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Seems many of the walking calls, particularly the calls down low on our big guys were anticipated.
This is the worst. The pre-called travel that usually comes from the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom