Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 63 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
There has been some Texas smoke w/ Phelia's teammate Cameron Williams

Well, seems that she did take an official to Texas last Wednesday-Friday with Laila Phelia. Cameron had been visiting Baylor days before.

While that visit seemed odd at the time, it makes sense now that Herron and Muhammad joined Gaston as Texas frontcourt players deciding to transfer out.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Compared to Muhammad, Williams isn't as athletic from what I've seen. She bounced in and out of the starting rotation sometimes getting minimal time on the court. Not to mention, she only has her COVID year of eligibility where Muhammad would have had two.

Amina Muhammad is a very unique player. Not many 6'4 players have her athleticism, motor, speed and length. Muhammad began the season as the Texas starter at PF due to Gaston getting injured in the scrimmage, and Aaliyah Moore still not cleared to play after her ACL rehab. When all 3 players were fully healthy toward conference play, it was Aaliyah Moore who was the regular starter at PF. If all 3 returned for next season, both Gaston and Muhammad would be backups at PF and/or Center. Plus, 2024 PF Justice Carlton joins the roster this summer, and she is better offensively than both, but not necessarily defensively.

If Cameron Williams is willing to join in a backup role, she's a take, IMO. Not many grad-transfer players want to be backups when they were previously starters.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I agree. But now the longhorns have no one established in the front court behind Moore and Jones. They need to add a stopgap big

The transfers which Texas coaches have followed on social media include Kyla Oldacre, Raegan Beers, and Cameron Williams. These follows were all before any of the four Texas post players announced their intentions to transfer out. So, perhaps the Texas coaching staff already knew their plans.

Reaction Score
Does anyone recognize skyline in Janiah Barker's IG story?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

As the emoji says, “WOW!” I take all this stuff with a grain of salt, but if there is some truth to this, it’s difficult for me to imagine that Beers would choose the Sooners over the Huskies. Then again, trying to predict what young people will do is a fool’s errand.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As the emoji says, “WOW!” I take all this stuff with a grain of salt, but if there is some truth to this, it’s difficult for me to imagine that Beers would choose the Sooners over the Huskies. Then again, trying to predict what young people will do is a fool’s errand.
Exactamundo!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Won’t be long before you don’t need to imagine it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Amina Muhammad is a very unique player. Not many 6'4 players have her athleticism, motor, speed and length. Muhammad began the season as the Texas starter at PF due to Gaston getting injured in the scrimmage, and Aaliyah Moore still not cleared to play after her ACL rehab. When all 3 players were fully healthy toward conference play, it was Aaliyah Moore who was the regular starter at PF. If all 3 returned for next season, both Gaston and Muhammad would be backups at PF and/or Center. Plus, 2024 PF Justice Carlton joins the roster this summer, and she is better offensively than both, but not necessarily defensively.

If Cameron Williams is willing to join in a backup role, she's a take, IMO. Not many grad-transfer players want to be backups when they were previously starters.
Thanks for that explanation. Gives me some insight into the situation at Texas.

I watched Michigan on several occasions this season and Williams is an athletic, all-round forward who could have moments, than disappear. However, in the games I watched she was in at crunch time and played a lot in the tourney games for the Wolverines.
Over on the Bench, when Maddy Westbeld was making up her mind (she eventually came back), I thought of Williams for the Irish.
However, there's really no sharing Westbeld's time on Niele Ivey's watch ;) (she, along with Citron and Miles are her trailblazers).

So, I could see Williams following Phelia to Austin, but she'll have to accept a rotation...

Dillon77

Reaction Score

I read in one or two places (could be same source) that Tionna Herron, a close friend and former teammate of Muhammad at DeSoto High School, preceded Muhammed into the portal. Both players directed interested schools to contact the same person regarding their availability. Package deal? Or another instance of an advisor/influencer "helping" on the home front?

According to Raoul's blog entries, Muhammed was pursued by Coach Taylor when she was at Georgia and Texas A&M when Blair was finishing up. So, interest in Aggie land?

Reaction Score
I read in one or two places (could be same source) that Tionna Herron, a close friend and former teammate of Muhammad at DeSoto High School, preceded Muhammed into the portal. Both players directed interested schools to contact the same person regarding their availability. Package deal? Or another instance of an advisor/influencer "helping" on the home front?

According to Raoul's blog entries, Muhammed was pursued by Coach Taylor when she was at Georgia and Texas A&M when Blair was finishing up. So, interest in Aggie land?

That will help with the loss a Barker

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

I could see LSU pursing Muhammed as well. We need a post, and we have one of her former HS teammates (Smith) as well. :p

Dillon77

Reaction Score
6+ days and counting ...

Wowza...didn't expect this. B1G All-Frosh team and got zounds of playing time. Pretty late in the process to announce.
Once again, recruitniks might remember her as Mary Alice Groot when she primarily played at The Dalton School, although she spent a year in the Carolina's when New York City shut down the scholastic basketball season. Thought she got better as the season progressed. Solid two-way, old school forward.

Reaction Score
Wowza...didn't expect this. B1G All-Frosh team and got zounds of playing time. Pretty late in the process to announce.
Once again, recruitniks might remember her as Mary Alice Groot when she primarily played at The Dalton School, although she spent a year in the Carolina's when New York City shut down the scholastic basketball season. Thought she got better as the season progressed. Solid two-way, old school forward.
Mary Ashley is Gamecock family. The Law School library is named for hergrandmother,She played with Ashlynn Watkins in HS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom