Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thanks for that tidbit. I have to admit I never had known that Beers had considered Texas (and Baylor) out of high school seems like she committed to OSU in her junior year and one year before national signing day November 2021. I did a web search, and there is a pay article from the Albany (Oregon) Democrat-Herald Gazette from this past January:

Raegan Beers was highly recruited out of high school and considered Big 12 options at Baylor and Texas before committing to Oregon State.

And, yes, based on social media followings like one year ago, there was something going on with JJ Quinerly's Dad and Texas.
If Texas were to land Beers, their lineup will be insane:
C-Raegan Beers
F-Aaliyah Moore
F-Madison Booker
G-Shay Holle
G-Rori Harmon

Bench:
Deyona Gaston
Taylor Jones
Amina Muhammad
Justice Carlson
Jordan Lee

Reaction Score
C-Raegan Beers
F-Aaliyah Moore
F-Madison Booker
G-Shay Holle
G-Rori Harmon

Bench:
Deyona Gaston
Taylor Jones
Amina Muhammad
Justice Carlson
Jordan Lee

I could definitely see them being an SEC title contender with that lineup.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I believe Texas and Baylor were her other finalists when she committed to OSU.

Weren’t Texas coaches and players following Quinerly last year when she wasn’t in the portal (or vice versa)? Not saying Beers won’t enter, but Goodman probably would’ve reported it by now.
I believe IF Beers were to enter, LSU would also go after her hard.

She's a very classic Kim type post player IMO.

Reaction Score
I believe IF Beers were to enter, LSU would also go after her hard.

She's a very classic Kim type post player IMO.
The coach at Valor Christian, Jessika Stratton, played for Mulkey at Baylor - so there’s a strong connection there.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Interesting. You can't replace Clark, but Olsen can certainly score. Would be a big pick up for the Hawkeyes.
Olsen would be a great fit, albeit for just 1 season though. Iowa needs the help with Clark/Martin/Marshall and Davis all gone

Reaction Score
I believe Texas and Baylor were her other finalists when she committed to OSU.

Weren’t Texas coaches and players following Quinerly last year when she wasn’t in the portal (or vice versa)? Not saying Beers won’t enter, but Goodman probably would’ve reported it by now.
I like the idea of Baylor. Sweet 16 team that brings back a lot of key contributors. They were pretty light in terms of front court players, especially true bigs. Nikki Collen gets a chance to have a team that really would be able to compete for a final four birth. Obviously she's a former pro coach so she should hopefully help Beers get to a pro level. She'd also go against Cooks and Yoki(at least this year) which would be great challenges for her, amongst the other bigs in the conference.
But she makes a lot of good teams scary.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
C-Raegan Beers
F-Aaliyah Moore
F-Madison Booker
G-Shay Holle
G-Rori Harmon

Bench:
Deyona Gaston
Taylor Jones
Amina Muhammad
Justice Carlson
Jordan Lee
So Holle and Gaston are back? I assumed, but havent seen it written.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So Holle and Gaston are back? I assumed, but havent seen it written.

Neither went through Senior Day ceremonies. Shay Holle actually made a comment in a post-season press conference that implied she was returning for her fifth season. Gaston is assumed to be returning, but you never know until she confirms it in some way.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Not a huge surprise--she's a grad transfer and lost her starting spot this year to Moore/Jones. Really solid player though and will be a good pickup for whoever lands her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While shopping the Portal can be great for coaches and provide immediate gratification, it also negates some of the value of their recruiting. A lot of the volume in the portal I think is driven by HS recruits not being given the focus and development that they signed up for because transfers have superseded their spots.

Reaction Score
A general what's-their-status-question:

UNC Utsby. (I think Donarski is back?)
LSU Poa
ND Westbeld/Watson/Smith

Any info?

Reaction Score
While shopping the Portal can be great for coaches and provide immediate gratification, it also negates some of the value of their recruiting. A lot of the volume in the portal I think is driven by HS recruits not being given the focus and development that they signed up for because transfers have superseded their spots.
Can see that being part of it. Also can see HS recruits not doing enough research or being realistic for where they could play.

Like others say, how many of these athletes are going to play at the next level (WNBA/overseas)? There's nothing wrong with playing in a competitive conference that isn't part of the P4.

What I've noticed with some Canadian kids is that their AAU coaches manage the recruiting process and push for a P4 program when it really isn't a good fit. They get to boast where their players have gone, which helps their rep. In the end, these players transfer and nothing is ever said to parents who are evaluating their program for their child.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom