Play-In Games Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Play-In Games Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There's still a place for midrange jumpers in this game. With a defense and height like Miss St., that's about all you get.

Reaction Score
They are bad at any part of offense aside from rebounding. I just don't get how they even won as many games as they did. How did they beat Marquette?

Pitt isn't even playing decent defense.
Pitt is playing good schematic defense for the matchup, ie the paint is packed, they're cheating way off shooters, and they're swarming the ball inside the arc. But yeah they're a bad defensive team in general.

caw

Reaction Score
MSST misses a three, misses a tip, buzzer sounds as they miss the tip dunk

caw

Reaction Score
Pitt is playing good schematic defense for the matchup, ie the paint is packed, they're cheating way off shooters, and they're swarming the ball inside the arc. But yeah they're a bad defensive team in general.

Ohh the coaching by Capel was good (schematically) but they still were really bad defensively. Even packing the paint they couldn't stay in front of the ball and couldn't rebound.

caw

Reaction Score
Feel like this sixteen game is better than the Pitt game yesterday. More fun at least.

Reaction Score
Let's go Hurley brothers!

i.jpg

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
If FDU plays and shoots this well agaisnt Purdue they could have a real shot.
Don’t think they can handle Edey, but lots of 3s might compensate.

Reaction Score
Ummm. FDU doesn’t look like a 16. Still don’t have them moving on, but pretty impressive..
FDU was the first team I got media credentials with. I know you’re not supposed to root for teams on press row, but I became a fan of their team and coach Anderson after that game.

They’re dominating. I feel like every time I watch them, Ansley Almonor has a huge game.

caw

Reaction Score
This may change your opinion

Yeah, it would be a minor miracle if FDU were to win, but they do pressure the ball and can shoot it. Cross your fingers and pray if you are them.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it would be a minor miracle if FDU were to win, but they do pressure the ball and can shoot it. Cross your fingers and pray if you are them.
Might want to switch that from minor to major miracle. Second time ever for a 16 seed to take down a 1 seems pretty major

Reaction Score
Sun Devils played like this against USC in the Pac 12 tournament. It was a blitz of defense and shot making,

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
What an article to publish on NCAA Tournament gameday. Sheesh.

I know he is coaches brother and all that and I respect their relationship. Fine. But to people of a certain age he is still Bobby Hurley , a little rat faced heel playing for a little rat faced coach. He was not a likeable player at all, and that’s not because he was really, really great ( and he was all that) , but yeah , yuck. Out of respect for our coach I won’t say “ good”. That’s it.

If you lived through the laettner Hurley era you’d understand

Reaction Score
I know he is coaches brother and all that and I respect their relationship. Fine. But to people of a certain age he is still Bobby Hurley , a little rat faced heel playing for a little rat faced coach. He was not a likeable player at all, and that’s not because he was really, really great ( and he was all that) , but yeah , yuck. Out of respect for our coach I won’t say “ good”. That’s it.

If you lived through the laettner Hurley era you’d understand
Laetner was always the villain on that team. I remember when he stepped on Timberlake. Hurley wasn't on that villain level.

Reaction Score
If FDU plays and shoots this well agaisnt Purdue they could have a real shot.
No, they don't.

Yes, FDU is very well coached and can be dangerous at times - but the reality is they will be lucky if they beat the spread (+22.5) against Purdue. They just beat #8 team in the SWAC, let's not buy into the hype from TV announcers during for the First Four.

This is a team that finished #2 in the lowest rated conference (NEC) and didn't even win the conference tourney. FDU has losses this year to Hartford, Sacred Heart, and CCSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom