Play-In Games Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Play-In Games Thread

Reaction Score
Watched 5 minutes of the SE Miss vs Tex AM CC game. Hope our game is not officiated the same way. Andre won’t play 10 minutes if it is.
I know what you're saying but apparently SEMO fouls like this all the time, it's not an anomaly.

Reaction Score
They have to stay out of foul trouble, which is a big ask if Federiko is out all/most of the game as they'll both be trying to help Diaz inside. All the Diaz bros can do is block, otherwise they just get shoved around. Cummings also has to have a good shooting game here, and the ball movement has to be sharp to open up the outside shot possibilities. Pitt has also forgotten how to defend - their last five games opponents have all scored 78 or more. I'm hoping they can pull this off for my wife's sake, and if they play up to their talent they can shoot anyone out of the building, but again, it's a rotten matchup of strengths vs weaknesses.
Pheck the Phecking Diaz brothers, I bury those cockroaches!

Reaction Score
SE Missouri state missed 11 free throws and lost by 4. Texas A&M CC missed 8. Basketball comes down to the fundamentals.

caw

Reaction Score
MSST is falling in love with the three and they are bad at it.

Both these teams are playing so poorly. So many missed open looks, even near the rim.

Reaction Score
MSST is falling in love with the three and they are bad at it.

Both these teams are playing so poorly. So many missed open looks, even near the rim.
Yeah I'm sure some of it is the way Pitt is packing the paint, but they're like not even trying to get it inside.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm sure some of it is the way Pitt is packing the paint, but they're like not even trying to get it inside.
Well they are missing a lot around the rim (3-11 right now from 2), so I guess if you are going to miss, might as well miss from three (and to be fair they have made a few now 4-7). It's more the type of three they are taking that bothers me.

MSST's best offense is a missed shot.

Reaction Score
Miss St. picked up the D and Davis started attacking the rim. Miss St. takes a small lead.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This game is gonna test Pitt's conditioning. Miss St has already used 10 players and just owns the boards. Pitt only has 7 guys, and two of them are the Diaz-Graham twins. They're gonna need Hinson & Burton to stay out of foul trouble and Nike Sibande to have his A game to have any chance here.

On a side note, I wish Sibande had another year of eligibility. I'd love him off the bench at UConn. Weird stat for him though - he's much worse at home than on the road.

Reaction Score
Do they have any other frontcourt fouls to expend, besides the twins? Jeez.

Reaction Score
This game is gonna test Pitt's conditioning. Miss St has already used 10 players and just owns the boards. Pitt only has 7 guys, and two of them are the Diaz-Graham twins. They're gonna need Hinson & Burton to stay out of foul trouble and Nike Sibande to have his A game to have any chance here.

On a side note, I wish Sibande had another year of eligibility. I'd love him off the bench at UConn. Weird stat for him though - he's much worse at home than on the road.
I bet Miss St. -0.5 2nd half line. Pitt was shooting unreasonably well from 3 in 1st half and only up 1. Guessing their legs tire.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe that the Mountain West got 4 teams in the tourney, Nevada being the 4th at 22-10.

caw

Reaction Score
Well MSST's three point ability has shown itself from 4-7 to now 5-18. Yeesh.

EDIT: Didn't realize until I looked it up by they are 26.6% as a team on the year. That is horrendous. They have one guy on their team that gets minutes that averages better than Jackson.

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
this looks like a 5th place game at some random november mte.

just awesome basketball between two very worth teams.

Reaction Score
I knew MIss St was a horrid shooting team coming in, but they are atrocious passers/hands receivers too.

caw

Reaction Score
I knew MIss St was a horrid shooting team coming in, but they are atrocious passers/hands receivers too.

They are bad at any part of offense aside from rebounding. I just don't get how they even won as many games as they did. How did they beat Marquette?

Pitt isn't even playing decent defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom