Play Bouknight at point? | The Boneyard

Play Bouknight at point?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Often the best solution is the simplest, put the ball in your best playmakers hand, allow him to create. Bouknight also has the best feel for the game on the team and is one of our best passers as well. I’m surprised no one else has suggested this yet. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Often the best solution is the simplest, put the ball in your best playmakers hand, allow him to create. Bouknight also has the best feel for the game on the team and is one of our best passers as well. I’m surprised no one else has suggested this yet. Thoughts?

He did yesterday during our run a bit. Coach knows, I'd think.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We shouldn't start a traditional point, let bouk and vital probe the defense first, with Adams and Gilbert working against the second unit.

Reaction Score
Have any of you actually played basketball?

And by that, I don't mean D1 or even high school. Have any of you even played significant pickup basketball? Starting a freshman wing at point is insane.
Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? In that sense NOT starting him at point guard is insane, no?

(Ps..complete satire, I agree bouk should not be our starting point guard)

Reaction Score
I think Gaffney needs to run the point. Not a big scorer, think Taliek Brown esque

Gaffney has a much better shooting touch than Taliek. And I’m a big Taliek fan. If Gaffney can eventually defend and take care of the ball as well as senior Taliek did while continuing to develop as a shooter, then he’ll be a star.

Reaction Score
As for Bouknight, he’s not a PG. But I do think we’ll see him handling the ball in more possessions. If it’s late in the shot clock and we need the ball in someone’s hands to try to create, I’d just assume have Bouknight be that person.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has a much better shooting touch than Taliek. And I’m a big Taliek fan. If Gaffney can eventually defend and take care of the ball as well as senior Taliek did while continuing to develop as a shooter, then he’ll be a star.
He was also a sick athlete in his High School/AAU videos. He’s the latest in a long line of Huskies that seemed to have lost their athleticism when they come here. Purvis was never as explosive as he was billed to be, AG was in the McdAA dunk contest, etc.

Reaction Score
He was also a sick athlete in his High School/AAU videos. He’s the latest in a long line of Huskies that seemed to have lost their athleticism when they come here. Purvis was never as explosive as he was billed to be, AG was in the McdAA dunk contest, etc.

Gaffney is dealing with the ankle injury still, right? I though he looked much better after Indiana. I’m optimistic about his future. I’m sure he’s also adjusting to the pace of the game.

Gilbert was obviously affected by injuries. Purvis was plenty explosive at times. I just think he wasn’t as good of a basketball player as I hoped, despite his athleticism.

Reaction Score
Taliek was one tough SOB. If Gaffney is half as tough he will pretty good.

Reaction Score
It's weird, even Gordon who was plenty athletic here and could hammer like crazy hardly dunked as a Husky. I don't know if it's still the ankle or just being a hesitant freshman but his athleticism has looked pedestrian, he has had some more athletic drives recently. If Andre Jackson comes here and all of a sudden becomes earthbound the Red Woman has obviously put a curse on our leapers.

Reaction Score
Have any of you actually played basketball?

And by that, I don't mean D1 or even high school. Have any of you even played significant pickup basketball? Starting a freshman wing at point is insane.
The past 3 games vs American Conference opponents have all been blowouts. What else do you need to see by the current point guards before opening your mind that our most talented player should have the ball in his hands as much as possible?

Reaction Score
As for Bouknight, he’s not a PG. But I do think we’ll see him handling the ball in more possessions. If it’s late in the shot clock and we need the ball in someone’s hands to try to create, I’d just assume have Bouknight be that person.
Even though al again found some way to get the scot off before halftime. I don’t understand. Yes he made it but that should be jb every time.

Reaction Score
I thought Gilbert didn’t look bad off the ball when Bouknight was running some sets in the second half vs south florida

Reaction Score
Year 2. I really don't know what some of you folks expect. Edsall is purging the football program while Hurley held on to his roster mainly because he had to. There are two kids not playing this year. And two more with immense potential and athletic ability coming in. That's 4 new bodies to work with next season. This season isn't/wasnt going to be as great as we all hoped for. I just want to see a winning record. But lets be realistic here folks.

Reaction Score
That's 4 new bodies to work with next season.

Hoping for 6 new bodies. And at this point I don’t care if the other 2 are both grad transfers. The team desperately needs real men for the big east, both in terms of heart and muscle. No more 190 lbs boys that are softer than baby poo

Reaction Score
Hoping for 6 new bodies. And at this point I don’t care if the other 2 are both grad transfers. The team desperately needs real men for the big east, both in terms of heart and muscle. No more 190 lbs boys that are softer than baby poo
All respect to Gilbert, but he's no Shabazz, Kemba, Taliek or Ricky Moore. They haven't had a tough LEADER in years. Who can you recall since Shabazz graduated that would identify as the leader of the offense and team? No asking you personally, just in general. It's what this team is desperately lacking.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how the number can get that high tho realistically do you? Unless hurley completely changes course and starts shipping guys out, which I genuinely don’t see

Reaction Score
I don’t see how the number can get that high tho realistically do you? Unless hurley completely changes course and starts shipping guys out, which I genuinely don’t see
I don't either but I have read and the talk is Gilbert won't be returning.

Reaction Score
RJ + AJ + Javonte Brown Ferguson + Richie = 4

AG has hinted at leaving = 5

Things happen = maybe 6

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member